• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] Shenmue 1 and 2 HD Remaster Coming 2017

Shenmue on Dreamcast is an amazing experience. I love the controller for the arcade games and fight system. You won't miss anything by playing it on the original hardware and controller (complete with VMU). The Dreamcast remains such a great console.

I say enjoy Shenmue I on Dreamcast, and (especially if you are in the US) wait for the remaster to experience Shenmue II.

Yeah, I'll probably finish out Shenmue 1 and then wait for the remaster to save myself a hundred bucks, lol.

Hopefully the remaster has dual audio. Shenmue's English dub is...something, alright.

FallAgain

If true, it would make sense for it to be announced during Sony's E3 press conference with a Q4 release date and update on Shenmu 3 imo

Pachael

First post link isn't working for me. Looks like NeoGAF's affiliated links system is behaving badly. Maybe this will work https://goo.gl/g3I6vF

Interesting bit at the end:

Not that big a surprise as Shenmue 3 is PS4/PC, so they and YsNet will want to keep the series on the same platforms as a minimum.

The only non-surprise is the expectation that Shenmue 3 will slip into 2018, which so far is a given being a large KS funded project (that usually means that they slip like Bloodstained etc) and the delivery date was Dec 2017, which is well, right at that edge.

iMerc

awesome. i've always wanted a shenmue double-pack. this will be well worth it.
dated, but well worth it.
I think i'm in the minority who liked shenmue 2 better than the first one.

anyway, ps4 purchase for me; it would be nice to have the whole trilogy on one platform, and seeing as shenmue 3 is ps exclusive, it's quite possible these are too.

Erevador

Yeah, I'll probably finish out Shenmue 1 and then wait for the remaster to save myself a hundred bucks, lol.

Hopefully the remaster has dual audio. Shenmue's English dub is...something, alright.
Its so weird, but it works for me in a strange way. Somehow the emotionally distant voice-acting from Ryo feels appropriate for his grief-stricken teenage angst, even if it does result in hilarious non-responses. A few of the characters are genuinely well acted (like Nozomi).

Some are hysterical disasters, like Goro and Fuku-san.

Erevador

Gimme! I want this on both PC!

Edit: oh so big chance of being PC/PS4 exclusive?
I'm very excited by the thought of a PC release, because whatever they do with the official remaster... I can just imagine what the modders will be able to do with it.

Bastos

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Where"s this from? What a punchable face, wow.

kami_sama

I really want to experience Shenmue, considering a new one is coming out. Hope they release them on the Switch. The more games the merrier.

Dremark

Banned
I'm pretty sure this has been rumored for like 3 years. It does sound like the sources lately are a lot more credible though.

Hoping it's true I'd be down for it.

EBE

tried getting into shenmue 2 on the xbox and its just aggressively unfun--couldnt find anything to like about it.
but i suppose this news, if true, is nice for fans

Tubie

Please let this be true!

I only played Shenmue 1, and it was so long ago I would need another playthrough anyway.

This keeps happening. And I never learn. I'm in.

Give me Japanese audio for the first game though. Don't think I can handle the English audio any more, and I always go for English when the option is available.

Top Bottom