• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My God this system is awesome!
We need more enthusiasm in this thread!

I was really enjoying RE Revelaitons on the 3ds before the Vita came out but it’s going to take a while for me to go back now….

The screen is unbelievable! The system feels well-made and comfortable. The interface is sleek, fast, and unique.

Blaz Blue and Rayman have an incredible amount of visual depth (different from something like 3d but still equally impressive and much easier on the eyes).

If this system fails, it won’t be due to me! Picked up 6 launch games and will pick up another 6 in the next couple months. My co-workers are blown away by it as well. Shame they had no idea it existed before seeing mine…

Question about the PSP games (which look SO much better than I was expecting):

Anyone get Motor Storm Artic Rush to work?

Any plans to enable the right stick in Peace Walker or am I going to have to buy the HD collection to play this game with the control scheme I want?

Thanks and enjoy!

Preach.gif

jcutner

I'm going to have to buy a PSN card at retail so I can continue buying Digital games.

I wish Sony would get their act together to find out why me, and several other people can no longer purchase anything on PSN with their credit cards. :(

Free downloads such as demo's still work fine, so it's obviously not a "connection" issue as the error leads Sony support to believe.

Super disappointed, and may factor in me wanting to return my Vita, since needing to buy cards physically destroys the convenient nature of digital distribution.

patsu

I did. But it still doesn't seem to work.

Perhaps wait a day or so. My auto update kicked in @ 2am last night.

For manual update, Near only takes location check once a day for me. My first Near scan also produced 0 hit. Now it registers about 10 gamers.

Anyone have a list of jrgp/eastern games in the works for Vita?
It's pretty short:

Final Fantasy X HD
Ragnarok Odyssey
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - The Golden
Tales of Innocence R
Ys IV: Celceta, Sea of Trees
Zero no Kiseki (enhanced port in the Legend of Heroes series)

Games like Samurai & Dragons, Dragon's Crown, Lord of Apocalypse, and Little King's Story 2 have RPG elements, but I don't know if the qualify as pure RPGs.

It's pretty short:

Final Fantasy X HD
Ragnarok Odyssey
Tales of Innocence R

Games like Samurai & Dragons, Dragon's Crown, Lord of Apocalypse, and Little King's Story 2 have RPG elements, but I don't know if the qualify as pure RPGs.

hmm... man, now I can see why it's struggling in japan lol... need some more ground up games... also sony needs to money hat capcom for monster hunter on Vita.. not AFTER 3ds release either... DO IT SONY.

krYlon

It's pretty short:

Final Fantasy X HD
Ragnarok Odyssey
Tales of Innocence R

Isn't there an original, untitled SMT game in the works as well, or did that just turn out to be Persona 4?

Also there is the Zero no Kiseki port.

Aru

It's pretty short:

Final Fantasy X HD
Ragnarok Odyssey
Tales of Innocence R

4 games, or maybe 5 if ToI:R makes it here, to buy, at least for me :eek:

My last Virtua Tennis was the World Tour PSP game (and DC versions before that)... can anyone detail how much it's improved since?

It looks awesome and i can see the animation is obviously much smoother, but i'm hesitant cause the AI in the old PSP game would shit me to tears on higher levels!

I guess multiplayer is where its at as with most sports games, so how is the online?

Isn't there an original, untitled SMT game in the works as well, or did that just turn out to be Persona 4?

The MegaTen game is listed on Wikipedia, but I don't remember the specifics of the announcement. I really hope we get the Zero no Kiseki port even if it just with subtitles.

Spiegel

There's also this:

Action RPG from Marvelous
Fantasy RPG from Marvelous
Simulation RPG from Marvelous
RPG from Level-5
Shin Megami Tensei series

If we are lucky, one or two will be real games.

Keep in mind that almost all announced games will be released soon. I expect more games to be announced after the coming fiscal year reports.

*crosses fingers* I'm new to the whole jrpg thing.. well.. i played a lot when I was a kid, but since then I never had the time. Now, I'm trying to find more time consuming games. I want monster hunter, but i kinda want to wait for a new one, also.. not sure which jrpg to pick up first... there are dozens for psp...

Fixed1979

I'm going to have to buy a PSN card at retail so I can continue buying Digital games.

I wish Sony would get their act together to find out why me, and several other people can no longer purchase anything on PSN with their credit cards. :(

Free downloads such as demo's still work fine, so it's obviously not a "connection" issue as the error leads Sony support to believe.

Super disappointed, and may factor in me wanting to return my Vita, since needing to buy cards physically destroys the convenient nature of digital distribution.

It's fucked, since I switched credit cards it's been fucked. My friend spent over 3 hours on the phone between Visa and Sony trying to get something figured out and eventually gave up.

Epic Drop

I see people mentioning a few pages back that they weren't pre-ordering because they wanted to see the Sunday Ads to confirm some Best Buy deal. I tried going through this thread, but all I see about best buy is that best buy "confirmed" lower prices for digital download games.

Is there another deal that I missed?

*crosses fingers* I'm new to the whole jrpg thing.. well.. i played a lot when I was a kid, but since then I never had the time. Now, I'm trying to find more time consuming games. I want monster hunter, but i kinda want to wait for a new one, also.. not sure which jrpg to pick up first... there are dozens for psp...
If you want a shorter RPG then I suggest you take a look at the Ys series. They're all excellent action RPGs and only $15 on the PSN store.

thuway

You're not unwell. I could also easily afford a vita, but I'm not touching it anytime soon and not until at least a revision.

I will not buy a mobile device that does not have internal memory built in. It's that simple, if Sony has revisions and none of those revisions have at least 16GB built in SSD memory, then I'll never, ever buy a Vita.

Sony should learn from Steam how to do firesale on old games. It's basically free revenue and profit for games that have already recouped all development expenses and are just sitting there. Using Jeanne D'arc, Field Commander, and Daxter as examples, have a firesale one week where they go for $4.99 ($3.49 for PS+) each, next week do some other games like Syphon Filter DM, Twisted Metal, etc... this is true for all psn games though, not just PS3. They have some sales, but they usually are not in the "impulse buy" sales range.

Good luck man.

ksimm

I'd be interested to hear how game / gamestation pre-orders are going. Amazon UK seems to have had Vita as a best-seller for a while now since they started the bundles.
The UK does love its games, I just wonder if we can break a few records next week?

It's great to read all the positive comments from the FEB users. All this doom and gloom of low Japanese sales and Smartphones > Vita... I love my iPhone 4 / iPad as much as anyone, but I want d-pads and buttons on my portables damn it!

I think the best marketing from Sony was announcing the Vita last year and then making us wait so freaking long. I am so hyped for this thing NNnNNNngh!

Takao

Banned
hmm... man, now I can see why it's struggling in japan lol... need some more ground up games... also sony needs to money hat capcom for monster hunter on Vita.. not AFTER 3ds release either... DO IT SONY.

That's kind of impossible given 3DS got a Monster Hunter game before Vita even launched in Japan.

Chorazin

It's fucked, since I switched credit cards it's been fucked. My friend spent over 3 hours on the phone between Visa and Sony trying to get something figured out and eventually gave up.

I had this problem with I first got my PS3. I couldn't get it to work for the longest time, then I got a letter from my bank that had my Apt # on the same line as my street. I went into my account, took the apt # out of that line and put it on the end of my street address. BAM, went through instantly. So, make sure your address in your account matches what your bank has EXACTLY.

Marco1

I've never heard of this problem.
What is it that causes this to manifest? The reason I ask is that credit card issues that are never resolved could put me off buying vita as I detest having to deal with this further down the line.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
2. Puzzle game, PSN version is cheaper and has more content. Wait till it hits $20.
No, just no, hundred times no. Lumines on Vita is a class act compared to PSN version. It's really so much better, looks and feels better, music is perfect. The whole game reeks of perfection - it's a repeat of original PSP lumines in that sense.

njean777

If anybody is on the fence about UMVC3, it is really good on the vita, looks great, and plays great. I never bought the original or the console versions but decided to pick it up on my vita. They have made it really enjoyable with the simple control mode. Plus if you did buy any skins on the consoles they transfer to the Vita version. Online works really well also from what I have played so far.

Lumines is amazing, and hypnotizing.

Rayman is great also, although can be a bit hard to handle, it may be hard for me because I am not use to platformers being this hard lol.

I wanted to know how good the Dissidia sequel is? I played the original and loved it, is the sequel worth investing in?

No, just no, hundred times no. Lumines on Vita is a class act compared to PSN version. It's really so much better, looks and feels better, music is perfect. The whole game reeks of perfection - it's a repeat of original PSP lumines in that sense.

Anyone that's a fan of Lumines should grab it, regardless of price. Anyone that's unsure should just download the demo. If you hate the demo, you'll hate the game.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Anyone tried the PSP Resistance game, does the second analog work like when you play via the PS3?

I think it's Sony's fault of how they treat your credit card info. There are quite a few people who've had this issue.
Not sure if there is an answer for this.

patsu

Sony's OS designers really are useless:

Vita OS looks pretty early but solid so far. Better than Android in content protection and rendering, but lesser convenience/advanced/fancy features (e.g. No voice recognition goodies, no folders yet). They designed it to be portable to other OSes too. The one on Vita may be running on licensed software from some form of BSD according to the System Info menu.

- you can't backup your saves
- you can't have multiple profiles
- no Android apps, instead Sony wants the Vita OS on their phones, wtf
- no PSX games
- half of the PSP games don't work
- can't see Vita people from PS3 (and vice versa?)
- games playable on both PS3 and PSVITA, give you double trophies, wtf

You can backup your saves as part of the system backup. The save files are bundled with the games likely because they can be stored on the same retail gamer card. It's also easier to sandbox them, or even transfer the game bundle to different devices/OS, like iOS app model. I suspect cloud save may be possible in the future too for PS+ users.

What's missing is a proper Sync Device feature. That way, we don't have to do a time consuming full backup everytime.

Multiple profiles is possible but restricted by design. When you attempt to signin to PSN, Sony can log if you're using the same device and card. A hacker who stole your account will use a different card and device, and can be differentiated if necessary.

PSP and PSOne titles will just keep increasing. Same for Vita and PSSuite games.

Vita can see PS3 users. PS3 users can't see Vita folks. I think this area needs sone more refinement
Would be superb if they can integrate Near, friends list and cross play better on both Vita and PS3.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So i have a friend that is having a hard time getting Ys 1 & 2 onto his vita using a ps3. Is there anywhere that has precise instructions on how to get it to work?

Mrbob

Lumines seems like a portable game to me. I could never quite get into the console version.

This seems to be the case. I own Lumines on both Steam and 360, but never play them at all compared to when I played Lumines on my friends PSP quite a bit.

I think I'm going digital with Lumines on Vita to have it with me at all times.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Just tried music playback, and it's definitely persistent everywhere. You can run any game with a custom soundtrack.

I think I'm going digital with Lumines on Vita to have it with me at all times.
It's better on Vita anyway. It's the best version of the game for sure.

I've played Lumines on 360 for the past 3 months since I traded in my 3000 to Amazon towards the Vita. It's got 100+ skins and as long as you have one of the newer controllers with improved D-pads it's actually great. I'll probably not play it a lot once I get the portable version, but I will go back to it from time to time because it's got some awesome songs in it that most likely will never show up in the Vita game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom