• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Woman 7 movie clips

I've wondered

Have folks ever considered that Gal isn't a bad actress but was never asked to do much in her previous movies?

I mean she was the hot chick in the Fast movies. And well Keeping up with the Joneses isn't very good to begin with.

She was solid in BvS but was mostly used to play off of Affleck.
I think the main thing people have issues with is her accent. Her strong Israeli accent can make some of her lines come off as wooden. It's never bothered me personally and I can see she's obviously improved. I thought her scene with Bruce at the Gala was good and so far she looks like she's improved with WW.

jediyoshi

DEAD ;)
giphy.gif

If she did that in front of Justice League members swear I'm gonna blow my all cash on the screen

i'm sweatin

Alienous

If this turns out good Patty should be in charge of DCU.

It'd be great to have the DCEU led by someone who isn't so 'grittiness' focused.

I'm expecting Justice League to quickly eradicate any good will Wonder Woman fosters.

Now that I think about it I wouldn't be surprised if James Wan became the DCEU's driving force.

Now that Ayer is apparently out, I hope WW's success will lead to Sirens being female directed. Bigelow anyone?

I doubt Bigelow is all that interested in superhero films. I imagine she was probably offered both Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.

I'd love to see Patty Jenkins move from WW to Sirens.
Then, Gareth Evans for a Birds of Prey movie.
Starring Cass.
And for Wonder Woman 2? I don't know, maybe Ava DuVernay once she's done with her Disney film.

Obviously, if WW is successful, Jenkins will be offered the sequel, but I'd like to see her stretch her wings.

Compbros

Based on all the lines I've heard from her I still don't understand why Gina Carano would be a huge step down, acting wise. I remember having a discussion with someone saying that based on Haywire we know she can't act so Gal would be a step up but I thought she did fine and I think Gal is mostly fine so far as far as dialogue goes.

Still, I'll try to reserve judgement for the film til I actually see it but I've just gotten a real meh feeling. For Mos I waffled back and forth between being excited and extremely pessimistic then hearing that Lex line in BvS teaser of devils coming from the sky I was ridiculously excited then as more footage came out my excitement drained. For this since the first teaser trailer to today has been pure nothingness and I can I've never experienced that for an adaptation of a character I ridiculously love.

Every single one of those clips were great! Man, this might be the surprise hit of the summer if it's as crowd-pleasing as those clips seem to indicate.

Based on all the lines I've heard from her I still don't understand why Gina Carano would be a huge step down, acting wise. I remember having a discussion with someone saying that based on Haywire we know she can't act so Gal would be a step up but I thought she did fine and I think Gal is mostly fine so far as far as dialogue goes.

tumblr_oa9d26cgrr1tpafe6o1_500.gif

Penguin

If this turns out good Patty should be in charge of DCU.

It'd be great to have the DCEU led by someone who isn't so 'grittiness' focused.

I'm expecting Justice League to quickly eradicate any good will Wonder Woman fosters.

Now that I think about it I wouldn't be surprised if James Wan became the DCEU's driving force.

I think you folks are missing the obvious

this is really the first film that Johns has had his hand in the entire time. I think will just reaffirm Warner's trust in him

Raptor

Still, I'll try to reserve judgement for the film til I actually see it but I've just gotten a real meh feeling. For Mos I waffled back and forth between being excited and extremely pessimistic then hearing that Lex line in BvS teaser of devils coming from the sky I was ridiculously excited then as more footage came out my excitement drained. For this since the first teaser trailer to today has been pure nothingness and I can I've never experienced that for an adaptation of a character I ridiculously love.

Why Carano? Breasts?

Ahasverus

I think you folks are missing the obvious

this is really the first film that Johns has had his hand in the entire time. I think will just reaffirm Warner's trust in him
Oh I forgot about that.

However, the REAL test will be Justice League. Patty had the heart in the right place since the start. JL is all about a course corrections, we'll see how well the WB guys, and Snyder, managed that.

I think Patty will direct WW2 next, after that I can see her tackling Justice League 3. MoS, while a perfect fit for her, might be a bit too similar to WW to be a creative challenge.

Hashtags for Wonder Woman 2 will be...fun :p

I think Patty could do MoS2, whether she'd want to is another story. I mean presumably it will be some sort of redemption story, Superman becoming Superman and not Snyderman etc, in light of whatever happens in JL...but Patty also has a personal/emotional connection + attachment to Wonder Woman that can't really be forced, so maybe MoS2 isn't the best choice for her -shrug-

I remember after I saw BvS at the cinema on the way out I overheard two people talking about it, one person remarking "Ehhh, I think they flunked Superman" (or something like that) and the other one being "Yeah, not really looking forward to his next film". Would be really cool to walk out of Wonder Woman after its over and hear people/kids etc talk about "I can't wait for the next one/see what happens next" etc.

Edit: People could do a Mark Waid and make friendly jabs at Johns' slightly bizzare tendency to have dismemberment in his comics as some sign he's into uber gritty/grimdark comics but...he is the guy at DC who has a nerd-boner for Silver Age comics and loves the everlasting fuck out of LoSH/New Teen Titans etc...if there's a tone change then obviously Patty is a huge creative force behind the film but from WBs side, it's a lot of Johns (imo).

I remember walking out of my BvS IMAX day 1 7PM showing and there was this bearded scruffy dude in line waiting for the 10PM show and he asked me while scratching his arm in what I presume was a nervous tick "W-Was it good?"

And I said back to him "It was phenomenal"

Geoff Johns' return to comics kinda puzzles me. It probably doesn't take him all that long to write an issue at this point but still, I'd imagine that overseeing the DCEU would be a full time job.

As for Justice League, it's almost irrelevant at this point. Emphasis on almost. WB execs are probably bracing themselves for impact but it doesn't matter all that much since our Lord and Savior Aquaman will redeem it all next year. Well, hopefully.

But yeah, Sirens + Aquaman + Batgirl + Matt Reeves tell me that Justice League is not going to be that important in the grand scheme of things.

Geoff Johns' return to comics kinda puzzles me. It probably doesn't take him all that long to write an issue at this point but still, I'd imagine that overseeing the DCEU would be a full time job.

As for Justice League, it's almost irrelevant at this point. Emphasis on almost. WB execs are probably bracing themselves for impact but it doesn't matter all that much since our Lord and Savior Aquaman will redeem it all next year. Well, hopefully.

But yeah, Sirens + Aquaman + Batgirl + Matt Reeves tell me that Justice League is not going to be that important in the grand scheme of things.

Well considering how far in advance Rebirth comics are completed before print, I imagine Johns kinda binged Doomsday Clock out in downtime post WW + doing a bit now. Although maybe he works the Marvel Method. Also don't think its sure about what he does after Doomsday Clock (whether he writes the oft rumored JSA ongoing, or writes an opening arc for LoSH before someone like Hickman segue-ways into it), but he trained under Richard Donner etc...he's gonna be involved in the DCEU for a long time to come.

Ahasverus

I don't think Johns and Feige are comparable at all. Feige is both the lore guardian and the movie exec who negociates and stuff. Meanwhile Johns is only the lore guardian, while John Berg manages the business/movie side. Johns is far less busy than Feige in the movie stuff.

Is Wonder Woman immortal? I don't know that much about the character besides the Amazon thing and the weapons

Or is it a numenor situation where the amazons just live 200-300 years?

Is Wonder Woman immortal? I don't know that much about the character besides the Amazon thing and the weapons

Don't think it's defined anywhere. I guess she ages like Superman, maybe even slower because of her origin.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
This is gonna be hit and it pleases me greatly. 800 mil or bust! Come on world!

Ok, probably not but a guy can dream.

Shaanyboi

Banned

The Amazons can be killed, so it's more they live a long time. I don't know how many die from natural causes though.

She's atleast afew hundred years old.

ReiGun

Depends on the canon. In some, the Amazons are immortal. In others, they have prolonged lifespans. There are even stories where some Amazons are immortal but others are not (in "Legend of Wonder Woman," Diana is in the latter group).

Dierce

I think Snyder said she was 5000 years old in BvS and only came in contact with humans 100 years prior.

In the main comic continuity, WW is the only amazon who is not actually immortal. This sounds like a better idea to me but on the other hand, I do like seeing her in WW1. But whatever, it's too late to nitpick that aspect of the film at this point and it can always be retconned later on.

DrBo42

Some of the choreography is a bit meh but the most distracting thing I saw was when she's running down the street under MG fire. Her steps looked super short for someone with such long legs. Maybe she was months pregnant during that time in filming? Her dialogue was okay I guess. The Pine stuff was not so great.

Edit: On second thought it's probably impossible to run in those shoes they designed for her.

Top Bottom