• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm pretty sure I just had the shittiest party experience

M52B28

Banned
To keep it short, some club mates, classmates, "friends" decided to get together for a house party.

Mind you, this is an African American History Club and it has a lot to do with my experience.

Disclaimer: I'm black

Anyways, all starts off good. I get​ the house, and it's owned by an African woman and some European guy. They host a few of our Congolese African classmates. The house is big and by the beach, just beautiful.

I get there and start having drinks with a guy named, let's just say, Jonathan. We were classmates and he is club organizer. We drink a bit before the party really starts to ramp up, literally starts to tell people I'm quirky. I am, but I understand why I am. Things get annoying after that, but I'm still drinking and having a good time.

After​ everything moves to the basement, the club President, let's say, Danny, comes in and starts drinking with us guys and girls. We are all in the basement dancing, etc.

After a while, Danny and Jonathan come together and start talking about me and how I'm not really black because I'm​ proper speaking and pretty logical. This pretty much ruins my vibe and I stay to get really sober.

A girl in my club that remembered me really well starts to dance with me after flirting. She tells me how much she loves me, tries to get her arm between mine, but I block it, then she grabs my crotch, realized I wasn't interested and walked away really frustrated. I played it off. I didn't want my night to end with sex.

Danny and Jonathan pick up on what happened and start spreading the narrative that I'm gay, really white, that I don't like black people, then they Danny comes up to me while I'm laying down on couch and kept yelling "fuck your life". I ignored it the whole time. Later on, he throws a metal lined bottle cap at my head full force.

I'm just annoyed by all of this. I was rejected bécasse I'm not black enough for them or some shit, but they don't even know that, apart from my voice and way of doing things, our experiences in life are almost the same. I don't act like I'm better than other black people, but for some reason, these folks just couldn't understand that.

For the record, Jonathan rolled his Ford Explorer into the European guy's​ Infinity G35 and did a hit and run. Danny was drinking and driving and I don't know what happened to him.

I'm not even sure what I did wrong here.

Jintor

yeah that sounds like bullshit. fuck those people

the "you're not really [racial group]" thing some people talk about can go get fucked

joe2187

Banned
Those dont sound like "Friends" to me.

Or were these just classmates who you only interacted with based on your class/club and nothing else? because those arent "friends"

This feels like a scenario in a Hemingway book. In other words, racist, sexist, petty insecure drunks that take out their anger on you.

Fuck em.

Upinsmoke

I wouldn't worry about that man, they killed your vibe but fuck them, just some ignorant arseholes by the sounds of things.

M52B28

Banned
Yeah dude, if everything happened just like you said it did, then you don't need them as friends.
Pretty much happened like I described. For after that, some of the folks were asking if I was alright. I told them I was, which was true. To be honest, I've been through stuff like this, but that was in grade school, not college.

The two guys are 25 and 35 years old. I didn't even know what to say after hearing all of this. I wasn't mad, just questioning them in my head.

The majority of the experience wasn't fun. I had fun talking with the people outside the class and club and a few that were in it. The majority of people there were women. They picked up on the whole way they were treating me and felt pretty bad, I could tell by the way they looked towards me, especially some of the African women that I speaking a bit of French to and flirting with.

A lot of the men were just sitting around yelling "I'm trying to get some pussy" to each other and groping some of the women and telling all of them how beautiful they were. They were just trying to get laid.

I just sat back, watched them get rejected by them and laughed. One of the guys swooped up the girl I was dancing with. Funnily enough, he had the same name as me.

Oh well, right? I'm going to sift some of them out of my life.

iavi

The leader and organizer of a nerdy ass sounding African American Fucking History Club were getting on you for being 'to proper to be black' which aside from reeking of self-hate, is just raw ironic.

Op, there's more to it that those dudes are going through. Sounds like a little bit of self-hate, jealousy (for getting some play and maybe other factors) and the need to project all that.

Charge it to the game and keep it pushing. They're not your friends though

Two questions..
How do you know they say your not black cause your logical? These black ppl said " hey that guys logical!! Not like us illogical blacks! ?? Kinda makes me feel like you do act like your superior. Plus is this college? I'm sure a ton of them speak "proper"... but ok. Just doesn't add up. Maybe your oblivious to it so you fill in the blanks.

Also did you say anything about any of this? You just ignored it all? If ppl are being dicks you gotta say something breh or it won't stop.

Actually third + fourth questions.. was leaving not an option? As soon as it got weird you should have dipped. Lastly why didnt you want your night to end with sex? That's usually a good way to end the night In my experience.

M52B28

Banned
Two questions..
How do you know they say your not black cause your logical? These black ppl said " hey that guys logical!! Not like us illogical blacks! ?? Kinda makes me feel like you do act like your superior. Plus is this college? I'm sure a ton of them speak "proper"... but ok. Just doesn't add up. Maybe your oblivious to it so you fill in the blanks.

Also did you say anything about any of this? You just ignored it all? If ppl are being dicks you gotta say something breh or it won't stop.

Actually third + fourth questions.. was leaving not an option? As soon as it got weird you should have dipped. Lastly why didnt you want your night to end with sex? That's usually a good way to end the night In my experience.

No, I'm not acting like I'm superior, or whichever. Jonathan explicitly told me that I like to explain everything that I'm trying to do when I went with him to get more drinks. I guess I'm a bit too pragmatic? I'm not sure?

How the hell does this not add up? Of course I'm speaking from my perspective, but they have openly mocked the way that I speak, act and go along as a person. I'm not saying that they are stupid or lesser of a person than me, I'm explaining how they were acting towards me and what they were saying about me.

I don't like confrontation. I like to keep my head down. To start an argument with a bunch of drunk morons would not have been a good idea. It's not that I didn't want to, I didn't want to flip a party on it's head because a couple people didn't like me.

I didn't leave because I really wanted to be with some people there.

I was drunk and really high, plus I'm not really a fan of one night stands.

jesu

I get there and start having drinks with a guy named, let's just say, Jonathan. We were classmates and he is club organizer. We drink a bit before the party really starts to ramp up, literally starts to tell people I'm quirky. I am, but I understand why I am.

What does this bit mean?

Machina

Banned
You made two mistakes OP, giving a shit what the two morons thought and turning down free sex when it's offered

Violet_0

Banned
that seems to have escalated rather quickly

you've known these people for some time, right? Is it the first time they acted so hostile towards you?
Lastly why didnt you want your night to end with sex? That's usually a good way to end the night In my experience.
You made two mistakes OP, giving a shit what the two morons thought and turning down free sex when it's offered
damn, GAF is really thirsty

M52B28

Banned
What does this bit mean?
Yeah, I'm tired. I'm​ pretty much talking about when the party really started. He starts to tell the guys around me that I'm "Quirky", then he tells me a bunch of things that make me quirky while me and another person with him start to grab drinks.

Two Words

Yeah, I've dealt with my share of idiotic peoplrbyhat say I'm not "really black" because I don't act in a way that they think a black person needs to act or speak. It's best to leave ignorant idiots like them behind.

rainz

Are you Donald Glover?
For real this some possible Atlanta S2 stuff.. hah.

Seriously though, those people sound like pricks, they come in all shapes/sizes/colours all over the world wherever you go unfortunately.

Just ditch them or avoid them if you can from now on, don't waste your energy on that shit.

kyser73

So I'm confused as to whether Jonathan & Danny are PoC or not?

I mean either way they're douches, either for being racist af, or for thinking that the way they behave makes them black enough.

Also, no-one should be laughing at the OP being sexually assaulted. I vaguely remember everyone on here being outraged about Trump boasting about doing exactly the same thing as the girl.

ramparter

Banned
Sorry what? A black guy can't be logical or speaking properly? I'm really confused here. I thought black is just a race, a different skin, not a type of social behavior.

Danny and Jonathan are douchebags, and now you know that they're douchebags.

Also, some people when they say things about others being not black enough because they don't fit the stereotypes in their minds, etc, most likely don't know any better and don't realize how shitty they're being by saying it. Some of them will learn and grow out of it, others won't. It sucks. It's not your job to "educate" them though, and now you know who not to associate with.

Syncytia

Something is weird with those two guys. Are they good friends? I feel like one of them was jealous because of the girl that was into you and the other one went along with it or something.

Sorry what? A black guy can't be logical or speaking properly? I'm really confused here. I thought black is just a race, a different skin, not a type of social behavior.

Of course not, blackness is a state of mind.

I learned this from the new Ben Carson school of thought on socioeconomics and race in America 🤔

How bad the evening turned out is your fault for turning down the free sex when you had the opportunity.

Don't make this schoolboy error again OP.

After a while, Danny and Jonathan come together and start talking about me and how I'm not really black because I'm​ proper speaking and pretty logical
This is the part where I knew Danny and Jonathan are assholes.

Everything following it confirmed my hypothesis.

I get​ the house, and it's owned by an African woman and some European guy. They host a few of our Congolese African classmates. The house is big and by the beach, just beautiful.

For the record, Jonathan rolled his Ford Explorer into the European guy's​ Infinity G35 and did a hit and run. Danny was drinking and driving and I don't know what happened to him.

uh, I'm pretty sure you didn't have the shittiest party experience.

No, I'm not acting like I'm superior, or whichever. Jonathan explicitly told me that I like to explain everything that I'm trying to do when I went with him to get more drinks. I guess I'm a bit too pragmatic? I'm not sure?

How the hell does this not add up? Of course I'm speaking from my perspective, but they have openly mocked the way that I speak, act and go along as a person. I'm not saying that they are stupid or lesser of a person than me, I'm explaining how they were acting towards me and what they were saying about me.

I don't like confrontation. I like to keep my head down. To start an argument with a bunch of drunk morons would not have been a good idea. It's not that I didn't want to, I didn't want to flip a party on it's head because a couple people didn't like me.

I didn't leave because I really wanted to be with some people there.

I was drunk and really high, plus I'm not really a fan of one night stands.
I'm talking about the " your too logical to be black" I know no black person said this breh. Why do you believe you being " too logical " is part of the reason they hassle you? Like can u give some example? Like what's explaining everything your trying to do while getting drinks mean?

I know your saying what you feel from your perspective that's literally all anyone can do. I'm asking what things about you besides your speech( which is Fuckin stupid. I hate when black ppl say that nonsense) do they diss you over? I'm just tryna understand here. Like specific things you do.

Those people you wanted to be with didn't stick up for you either? Shit honestly it should be fuck them too. If they are your friends and know you are uncomfortable with confrontation they should help a brother out. Unless you aren't that close with them either. Either way telling ppl to stop jocking you isn't exactly starting arguments. Most parties don't flip on their heads from a guy telling two guys to chill out.
I sympathize with you OP I just want to get a better picture of things.

I was joking about the sex you don't have to hook up just cuz some one is throwing it at you. If you don't like her you don't like her.

Edit: and if you meant that Jon said that you over explain everything while you and him went to get drinks I got two questions. Why are you going to get drinks with that guy he is a idiot don't go places with him. And why do you think overexplaining= too logical to be black. Could just be hey stop over explaining in his mind. Not a slight at your blackness.

tumblr_ms7tjeRGqM1svt5w5o1_400.gif

tumblr_ms7tjeRGqM1svt5w5o3_400.gif

tumblr_ms7tjeRGqM1svt5w5o4_400.gif

tumblr_ms7tjeRGqM1svt5w5o5_400.gif

tumblr_ms7tjeRGqM1svt5w5o6_400.gif

tumblr_ms7tjeRGqM1svt5w5o7_400.gif

Top Bottom