• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

Havok

Just got this from a rental place a few hours ago, got started with the Reapahs as quickly as possible. Obviously, its the only real choice.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I have a love/hate relationship going on with the Roach boss. He's so annoying, but how he words everything.. Fuck him.

EvaPlusMinus said:
best sandbox ever

It really, truly is. Avalanche took the core concept and just handed it to the player. Everything in the world is a giant, destructable toy for us to have fun and fuck around with, and that's all there is to it.

:lol

My demo glitched out.

Not sure what I did but I've got access to the entire demo island. I haven't been able to leave the island yet, but it's all open. Every gray area is still gray, but I'm still there.

disappeared said:
It really, truly is. Avalanche took the core concept and just handed it to the player. Everything in the world is a giant, destructable toy for us to have fun and fuck around with, and that's all there is to it.

I truly hope this game sells well for them. They deserve much success.

Stahsky

reposting this on new page. My one and probably only contribution to the pics/videos request

Click

I'm really not sure how I pulled that off, but it was damn funny.

One minute mark for the lazy.

Stahsky

Chrange said:
You might have to link using the full URL - the ... doesn't work well :lol

Oh snap. Didn't even notice that. I fixed it.

Click

Edit: Been streaming for a friend, so I haven't bothered using fraps. I know this livestream shit isn't all that great, but I figured I'd at least toss the link to the few videos I had up.

UFRA

LovingSteam said:
LOL!!!! As of now you will probably win the contest by default since no one else is putting up stuff, however, that is one awesome video!

lol my favorite part is when he says "Damn you, get me dow-- *snap* Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!" :lol

EvaPlusMinus said:
Contest? Wtf, guess I should finish reading the OP.

Winner of best video gets a $10 game on Steam or the money straight to his/her Pay Pal. Its voted on by the folks in this thread. You have until March 31st to offer up videos.

UFRA said:
lol my favorite part is when he says "Damn you, get me dow-- *snap* Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!" :lol

LOL Yup! I love how his voice carries as he falls lol. So awesome.

disappeared said:

Yep - I have a feeling that this game is going to spoil me for other future open world games. I just love it so much. :D

UFRA

How many submissions can we make for the contest?

If it's only 1, I'm trying to decide whether my base jump fail or the skyscraper kill is better. :/

And that's just what I have so far, still a few days to go, so who knows what will happen yet. :D

reetva

Banned
Gather 'round, friends, for I tell of a foreign sport, originating miles from my home in the US of A. Down in this "Panau" place, they like to have competitions. The most prevalent of 'em all is the weekly Colonel Snipe. They get out their trusty sniper rifles, and try to win favor with a panel of judges by sniping so-called "Colonels." Points are awarded for style and range, with bonuses added as the judges see fit. When a Colonel is sniped, the last thirty seconds of the assassination are committed to memory and replayed through a special contraption called "YouTube." When the week is finished, the points for each individual are tallied up, and the top three have their incredible shots put up for all to see. It is a wondrous sport, and I aim to bring it to the masses.

So get sniping, friends! Those Colonels won't kill themselves!

UFRA said:
How many submissions can we make for the contest?

If it's only 1, I'm trying to decide whether my base jump fail or the skyscraper kill is better. :/

And that's just what I have so far, still a few days to go, so who knows what will happen yet. :D

As of now, as many as you want but try to make sure they are good. Don't need anyone submitting them on top of the car just cruising since everyone does that anyway.

I was swimming in the ocean in the middle of a mountain and got catapulted to my death.:lol

I broke that demo really good. Funny watching the AI drive straight off a cliff because the bridge that's supposed to be there wasn't. :lol

If I can get a fraction of the fun out of the full game that I've gotten from the demo, this game will be one of my most played of the generation.

UFRA

reetva said:
Gather 'round, friends, for I tell of a foreign sport, originating miles from my home in the US of A. Down in this "Panau" place, they like to have competitions. The most prevalent of 'em all is the weekly Colonel Snipe. They get out their trusty sniper rifles, and try to win favor with a panel of judges by sniping so-called "Colonels." Points are awarded for style and range, with bonuses added as the judges see fit. When a Colonel is sniped, the last thirty seconds of the assassination are committed to memory and replayed through a special contraption called "YouTube." When the week is finished, the points for each individual are tallied up, and the top three have their incredible shots put up for all to see. It is a wondrous sport, and I aim to bring it to the masses.

TWO contests!??!?!! lol

Jaroof

Here is my entry (for now):
Car Flip

That was completely on accident, but damn was it awesome :lol

The best part was that I got to keep driving and doing my mission :D
I thought I was going to fall of the bridge for sure :O

Edit: Here's another. I just named it "LOL" because of what happens..

And one more, Bombs

UFRA

LovingSteam said:
As of now, as many as you want but try to make sure they are good. Don't need anyone submitting them on top of the car just cruising since everyone does that anyway.

Ok cool. I'd like to submit my base jump fail video too for now then. If I come up with better stuff I'll replace one of the 2 I have submitted currently to be fair.

Here's the link to that one again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSHhch3FEfQ

UFRA

Jaroof said:
Here is my entry (for now):
Car Flip

That was completely on accident, but damn was it awesome :lol

The best part was that I got to keep driving and doing my mission :D
I thought I was going to fall of the bridge for sure :O

LOL nice. That's funny because I was driving that exact same car on the exact same bridge, but a little further ahead I think, and hit one of those stupid dividers when I was looking behind me and had a crazy crash too.

I thought you were going off the bridge too, that light pole saved you. :D

reetva said:

Fuckin' 360 i gotta dig up my digital camera somewhere..

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Every now and then my game wilds out and says i ran out of recording space but im not recording? I did turn on autorecord but i thought you had to do that to do the 30 second thing? Is this not correct?

darkwings

Banned
wow this game is amazing! it is pure fun playing around in this sandbox. I definitely think it deserves better reviews :/

the avalanche 2.0 engine is impressive.

UFRA

MThanded said:
Every now and then my game wilds out and says i ran out of recording space but im not recording? I did turn on autorecord but i thought you had to do that to do the 30 second thing? Is this not correct?

Yeah autorecord should be "on" if you want to use the 30 second feature.

I've run into this too, I think it's another bug to add to the list lol.

2-3 times now I've suddenly run out of recording space and then it asks me to save my video, but I never even started a capture in the first place, so apparently the "start new capture" command is starting by itself.

Because the point of the game is the fun factor and craziness. That's what this thread is for. This game isn't like Mass Effect with story or BFBC2 with multi. The official thread is to show off the craziness and fun.

Jaroof

LovingSteam said:
Because the point of the game is the fun factor and craziness. That's what this thread is for. This game isn't like Mass Effect with story or BFBC2 with multi. The official thread is to show off the craziness and fun.

.....................................................Oh. lol
My bad?
I'll post everything here, from now on. :p

Jaroof said:
.....................................................Oh. lol
My bad?
I'll post everything here, from now on. :p
It's all good. I didn't mean any harm. Plus if you post here you can take part in some contests with prizes for the best videos.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
UFRA said:
Yeah autorecord should be "on" if you want to use the 30 second feature.

I've run into this too, I think it's another bug to add to the list lol.

2-3 times now I've suddenly run out of recording space and then it asks me to save my video, but I never even started a capture in the first place, so apparently the "start new capture" command is starting by itself.
Once this happened and it set all the options in all the menus to the lowest possible value.... Had to set everything back to defaults. Ultra wierd bug. They must have some memory issues because it seemed like the settings all were written to the same value.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm having so much fun with this game, I did not expect to like it this much. I'm only 8 or so hours in but this will probably be one of my favorite games this gen. I've always been a fan of sandbox games and this just flat out embarrasses all the others, it's not even close.

reetva

Banned
I've really been liking the driving and seafaring in this game. I love how you go slower when driving up hills and when boating against the current. I'll try and show an example of a good Colonel snipe tomorrow, by the way. :D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Consider this my first attempt, I posted this in the youtube thread.
Drop 'n' Pop - deserves bonus points for Rico's "hahahaha"
It was a close up snipe but not only was I undetected but I also dropped off of a fucking skyscraper and landed directly onto the roof. I'll try to top it next time I play the game.

P.S. I don't know if I mentioned it yet but this game is awesome.

In like a week or so when these current contests are over I'll probably do one of my own and give away a XBLA or PSN game.

Snuggler said:
Drop 'n' Pop
It was a close up snipe but not only was I undetected but I also dropped off of a fucking skyscraped and landed directly onto the roof. I'll try to top it next time I play the game.

In like a week or so when these current contests are over I'll probably do one of my own and give away a XBLA or PSN game.
That is just too cool!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, after the current contests I think I'll do a craziest crash competition or something like that.
I had a couple good ones tonight.
This is why you don't drive a truck off a cliff.

Jaroof

Snuggler said:
Drop 'n' Pop - deserves bonus points for Rico's "hahahaha"
It was a close up snipe but not only was I undetected but I also dropped off of a fucking skyscraper and landed directly onto the roof. I'll try to top it next time I play the game.

Nice.

I love this game!!!!!
7 hours in already, but only 9% complete. This game is ridiculously fucking huge, and I love it.

Drewsky said:
Just spent about an hour at that military base in the center of the map just blowing the shit out of everything with a helicopter.

Really love this game.

I was doing that too with the eclipse, I got a nice little chuckle when I climbed straight up, put the camera in reverse and saw that the geographic features at the top of the atoll
made a jolly-roger skull.

Stahsky

Anyone else find those random plane crashes next to you fucking funny?

I've seen like 5 of them. One just slammed into a window next to me once.

Pudding Tame said:
I was doing that too with the eclipse, I got a nice little chuckle when I climbed straight up, put the camera in reverse and saw that the geographic features at the top of the atoll
made a jolly-roger skull.

I was just at that island as well. I'm stuck at 97% completion on the thing. I've been around it 4 or 5 times and can't figure out what that 3% could be, any ideas?

JMizzlin

I hadn't actually realised the size of the island until an hour ago.

I was just playing the demo for the fourth time, and doing as much as I could. After it had finished, I decided to watch the outro video for the first time.

I watched as the scope of the island zoomed out once, then twice, thinking 'yeah, that's as big as I thought it would be. Good thing I'm only going to rent this ga-' just as it scoped out a THIRD time. My jaw dropped at the size of the island. That's when I knew...

Day. One.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Eye Drop said:
I hadn't actually realised the size of the island until an hour ago.

I was just playing the demo for the fourth time, and doing as much as I could. After it had finished, I decided to watch the outro video for the first time.

I watched as the scope of the island zoomed out once, then twice, thinking 'yeah, that's as big as I thought it would be. Good thing I'm only going to rent this ga-' just as it scoped out a THIRD time. My jaw dropped at the size of the island. That's when I knew...

Day. One.

Day one was 2 days ago.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I was just at that island as well. I'm stuck at 97% completion on the thing. I've been around it 4 or 5 times and can't figure out what that 3% could be, any ideas?

'Fraid not. I only did a few strafing runs. Looks like you made need to do a little legwork.

EvaPlusMinus said:
Anyone else find those random plane crashes next to you fucking funny?

I've seen like 5 of them. One just slammed into a window next to me once.

That's never happened to me, though funny story, after discovering the Eclipse and trying time and time again to take off from that northern airbase with the runway that's almost too short for it, I finally do it on like my tenth attempt only to crash into one of those Cessna type planes when I started to get some altitude. I don't think I yelled ,"Sonofabitch!" louder in life.

Top Bottom