• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural: Season 13 |OT| Lucky Number 13

I finally watched this preview and I shouldn't have cause I would have screamed and I still will:

MISSOURI OMG OMG
Fuck I'm on the same boat now. So much hype for what's to come!!!! I should've waited. Hopefully my terrible memory will forget about certain things before the episodes air.

RAWi

Supernatural is the world of warcraft of tv shows. The stakes become crazier and crazier each season with the threat of the world being consumed/destroyed/enslaved.

And I love this! How everything keeps on escalating, with no end. We have come really far from hunting Shapeshifters and Wendigos.

Also, gotta say that the "Supernatural" name intro is great this season.

Platy

Have they introduced...

giphyjdxpo.gif

...yet?

Dean is playing good guy to Damien who does not know that Dean wants to kill him.

So it is different secrets but still secrets.

I guess is one way to make Damien feel family =P

Media

Finally watched, balled like a baby...

ALSO HOW THE FUCK IS JENSEN STILL JUST A CW ACTOR.

He looked so fucking dead inside on that funeral scene my God. He is so fucking underrated as an actor.

He looked so fucking dead inside on that funeral scene my God. He is so fucking underrated as an actor.

Because he lost the role of Cap to Chris Evans (sorry Jensen, but Chris IS Cap).
But I woulda killed for Jensen as Hawkeye.

But he is obviously happy with the steady paycheck and work.

Funny story, my brother has served him at a restaurant several times. He says he is super nice and polite in person, but also about ten times prettier than the TV makes you believe. Actually made my brother question things.

Media

Because he lost the role of Cap to Chris Evans (sorry Jensen, but Chris IS Cap).
But I woulda killed for Jensen as Hawkeye.

But he is obviously happy with the steady paycheck and work.

Funny story, my brother has served him at a restaurant several times. He says he is super nice and polite in person, but also about ten times prettier than the TV makes you believe. Actually made my brother question things.

He would have killed it as Hawkeye and Hawkeye would have his own movie now lol.

And I can believe that of Jensen and his perfect fucking face

Edit : how could I forget fucking nothing else matters that was so perfect

He would have killed it as Hawkeye and Hawkeye would have his own movie now lol.

And I can believe that of Jensen and his perfect fucking face

Edit : how could I forget fucking nothing else matters that was so perfect

If you believe in the multiverse theory than there is a universe where he is Hawkeye! We must find out how to travel to that universe!

And yea that song omg, I head the first few seconds and was like omg yesssss it suits the scenes so well AND it's the music that made me fall in love with the show!

He is freaking amazing, like honestly I don't know how he's not getting picked up by major movies. Maybe he just loves The CW family too much to just turn his back on em. Loyal to the very end, just like Dean.

Joni

Jensen has done movies in the past. Maybe he just didn't like it or he just prefers to work on a show where he gets to hang out with friends.

Because he lost the role of Cap to Chris Evans (sorry Jensen, but Chris IS Cap)
In a perfect world Chris is the human torch in a marvel movie. He is way better as the semi douche.

Bishop89

Jensen has done movies in the past. Maybe he just didn't like it or he just prefers to work on a show where he gets to hang out with friends.

In a perfect world Chris is the human torch in a marvel movie. He is way better as the semi douche.

19532515.gif

agreed

His second best comic role.
But Evans has the difficult job of being so earnest and believable with Cap.
And really, his twitter feed just shows he is Cap for real which makes my man crush stronger.

And this pic from a few months ago did make me question my sexuality a bit.
rs-239346-evans-vert.jpg

ZeoVGM

Banned
Look at my post on page 1 for how they handle Cas, the clue is on the poster.

Poster shows the alt rift with Sam and Dean on one side and Cas on the other, the Cas we know isn’t coming back

You're incorrect.

It's confirmed that the Cas we know is the one coming back. Not an alternate reality, nothing like that. My guess is that he's in The Empty.

Kevin

You're incorrect.

It's confirmed that the Cas we know is the one coming back. Not an alternate reality, nothing like that. My guess is that he's in The Empty.

to add some more details...

They recently confirmed that Castiel is in a very lonely place that we have not seen yet. It's almost certainly The Empty. I also have a feeling Death is going to be coming back sometime this season. I mainly think this because of the tarot card of the grim reaper of death cutting the impala in half at the end of the Comic Con trailer.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I just watched the premier. Damn that was quite the great first ep into S13. One of the best season starters in a long time honestly. Very promising for the rest of the season.

Kevin

I just watched the premier. Damn that was quite the great first ep into S13. One of the best season starters in a long time honestly. Very promising for the rest of the season.

Yeah I felt this way too. It just felt better produced. I don't know. It was good though. Not entirely sold on the Jack storyline but we'll see how it develops.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Yeah, that was the best premiere in a while. Despite how great 11 and 12 were, I don't think the premieres were amazing or anything, especially 11.

I am trying to remember when it dawned on many of us that we were in for something special with season 11. Maybe around Baby time or something?

EDIT: And FYI, all past seasons are $20 on iTunes right now in HD.

EDIT 2: Yeah, seems like around Baby was when most of us realized that season 11 was on a roll.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1118630&page=5

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183339065&postcount=388

EDIT 3: Had to go back and see reactions when God was revealed.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1118630&page=20
Post 1958 is where it started. Yeah, that episode came out of fucking nowhere, which helps elevate its status for me. There was no hype or anything for it, they just casually dropped a nuke on everything.

BlueSnowboarder

Neo Member
You live in Austin?

You should visit Jensens family Brewery @_@ Or is it a bar...report back! Tell Jensen neogaf loves him.

Uuuggghhh I'd love to go to The Family Business Brewery :( On an unrelated note....

How come Cas killed that Nephilim with an angel blade in Season 8 with Metatron but Jack didn't get affected at all........?

My theory is cause he's the child of an Archangel....what you guys think?

Media

I am trying to remember when it dawned on many of us that we were in for something special with season 11. Maybe around Baby time or something?

EDIT: And FYI, all past seasons are $20 on iTunes right now in HD.

EDIT 2: Yeah, seems like around Baby was when most of us realized that season 11 was on a roll.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1118630&page=5

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183339065&postcount=388

EDIT 3: Had to go back and see reactions when God was revealed.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1118630&page=20
Post 1958 is where it started. Yeah, that episode came out of fucking nowhere, which helps elevate its status for me. There was no hype or anything for it, they just casually dropped a nuke on everything.

Yep I was so skeptical about Baby and then promptly wrote a damn live essay about it when it aired.

I feel like all of season 11 was just like a nuke of "Shut the fuck up, we still got this." dropped out of nowhere lol

Kevin

Uuuggghhh I'd love to go to The Family Business Brewery :( On an unrelated note....

How come Cas killed that Nephilim with an angel blade in Season 8 with Metatron but Jack didn't get affected at all........?

The last line is more or less correct much in the way that Lucifer is more or less invincible. Jack is suppose to be even more powerful then Lucifer I think.

Media

Oh my God it's called the Family Business Brewery because of course it is.

I hate beer.

Imma buy a case

Edit: omg

https://familybusinessbeerco.com

"Serving people... Fermented things."

Oh my God it's called the Family Business Brewery because of course it is.

I hate beer.

Imma buy a case

Edit: omg

https://familybusinessbeerco.com

"Serving people... Fermented things."

Click no when it asks if you're 21 lol.

Bingo. Regular Angel blades cannot kill an Archangel, you need an Archangel's blade to kill em.

Media

Wanted to say I'm so glad the SPN family exists right now because there is no way they are involved in all the shady ass Hollywood shit that's being outed. They wouldn't be so tight otherwise.

Wanted to say I'm so glad the SPN family exists right now because there is no way they are involved in all the shady ass Hollywood shit that's being outed. They wouldn't be so tight otherwise.

Oh shit.

/knocks on wood

https://twitter.com/JensenAckles/status/920149248880009217

also there was a story that a writer posted about how she was sexually harassed, and Jensen Ackles offered to kick the asshole out and pretty much stood by her.

Jensen, Jared, Misha, the SPN family is good people.

ZeoVGM

Banned
DMXfJuRUEAAVl_P.jpg:large

Cast and crew photo. Some people are obviously missing such as Misha Collins, Samantha Smith and the actor playing Jack. Must not have been on set that day.

Richard Speight Jr. (Trickster) sighting though!

I wonder who they're covering up with the silhouette? (Mark Sheppard, please.)

Inukage

So keen back to this show, but does it get any better during season 12? I was 4 episodes in and the English dudes bored the heck out of me!

ZeoVGM

Banned
So keen back to this show, but does it get any better during season 12? I was 4 episodes in and the English dudes bored the heck out of me!

Reaction seems quite mixed. I think the first 8 episodes or so are a bit up and down but after that, I think the whole season is basically awesome. One of my favorite seasons and my fiancee's favorite.

The BMoL get a lot more interesting too. Ketch and Mick are good characters.

Media

https://twitter.com/JensenAckles/status/920149248880009217

also there was a story that a writer posted about how she was sexually harassed, and Jensen Ackles offered to kick the asshole out and pretty much stood by her.

Jensen, Jared, Misha, the SPN family is good people.

I knew it. Misha is a modern day hippy and Jenson I know wouldn't stand for that shit. Wasn't there a story from the first season where he and Jared got in a bar brawl cause a dude was creeping on a girl and that's how Jared broke his arm?

ZeoVGM

Banned
I knew it. Misha is a modern day hippy and Jenson I know wouldn't stand for that shit. Wasn't there a story from the first season where he and Jared got in a bar brawl cause a dude was creeping on a girl and that's how Jared broke his arm?

I believe when he broke his wrist in season 2, it was during one of the stunts on the show.

And when he was in a sling again in season 10, it was because he dislocated his shoulder while wrestling with Osric Chau (Kevin). Haha.

Media

I believe when he broke his wrist in season 2, it was during one of the stunts on the show.

And when he was in a sling again in season 10, it was because he dislocated his shoulder while wrestling with Osric Chau (Kevin). Haha.

I remember the sling, cause the story was hilarious. Apparently Jared figured little. Osric couldn't take him down so they play fought, and Osric being a trained martial artist accidentally hurt him. Towering Jared getting taken down by Osric has got to the butt ofany jokes on set now.

As a man that has been tossed/kicked around by women in martial arts classes over the years (I am one of the masochists that signed up to be Mr. Mugger in those classes), size don't mean shit with good training.
I have been thrown like a rag doll by a 12 year old girl, then launched in the air by a kick by a woman that was about 60 lbs lighter than me.

That's a great story, Moose was taken down by someone half his size.

Stiler

Loved this ep, excited where they are going to take the show.

Also hope that Mark Pellegrino still plays a big part, that actor is great at the role and it sucked to see him gone for so long, by far the best villain on the show imo (I don't count Crowley cause he's great at being a sort-of anti-hero, don't see him as a villain).

Really hope we get both Cass/Crowley back, I want to see them have more adventures together, Misha/Mark are just plain awesome when they are playing off each other in episodes.

The show was going down hill, with the Leviathan arc and then Amara (I couldn't stand either as the villains, both annoying as hell and so melodramatic/boring) but picked back up with this past season and starting off great so far.

Regarding Jensen, I still am bummed that no one at Sony thought of him for Uncharted.

I mean seriously,
5rBri77.gif

and
PajFTBJ.gif

Freaking PERFECT for Drake/Sully and it's like no one in Hollywood could see how obvious it is, instead we got Tom freaking Holland.

Stiler

For real, Jensen/Bruce would be great together, I've been saying for years they have such similar mannerisms/humor in their characters.

Either have Jensen on Ash Vs Evil Dead or Bruce on Supernatural, Bruce being a grizzled hunter or something would easily work, they could even make jokes at how similar Dean/Ash is.

Top Bottom