• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Fancolors
Member
(10-12-2017, 10:53 PM)
Fancolors's Avatar
Trail of Blood 15
Yup, it's going there
Voror
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:31 PM)
Voror's Avatar

Originally Posted by casiopao

Mahou Yome 41

Nooo Chise. Stop with the goreee.

Originally Posted by Zweizer

Mahou Tsukai no Yome ch41

It's getting pretty gory there. On the bright side heterochromia is pretty cool.

.

Oh this isn't going to end well.

Has Cartaphilus had one example in this manga where his experiments turned out well? More likely it'll just get worse from here somehow.

Kind of glad we're finally looking to be getting more details on her mother. Hopefully this leads to some sort of closure, though perhaps not.
Angry Grimace
Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
(10-13-2017, 12:06 AM)
Angry Grimace's Avatar

Originally Posted by bobohoro

I was reading that comment thinking it can't be real.
But it is, right?

Nachi invites Iwami to a restaurant with the intent of complaining to her that she's using too much of their toilet paper. He says that he "has to get serious as a man to tell her this." Naturally, she assumes he's confessing. (Note: it was obvious it would eventually happen, it's been belligerent sexual tension for 150 chapters or something)

For some reason, the entire conversation progresses such that he believes she is talking about the length and quality of her poop. What is actually happening is that she likes Nachi but she wants to explain to him how she's gotten over Yuu (the MC) because while her feelings for Yuu have been around "longer," they're not as "heavy" as Aoi's feelings. Nachi believes that Iwami is literally comparing her feces to Aoi's and that she's trying to tell him that Aoi has a problem with constipation. When she says she's talked about Yuu on Twitter before, he somehow believes that she names her shits and and posts photographs of all of her bowel movements on Twitter.

Then, he asks her about Aoi being constipated, and she just thinks it's a weird metaphor and that he knows what's happening. Eventually, she says that she accepts his confession and he figures out what's going on and begins to take it back, but she makes a bunch of cutesy faces and he realizes she's hot and decides he'd rather have a hot girlfriend than clarify the toilet paper issue. (Apparently he's supposed to be really fucking stupid for both the shit conversation and also for not noticing the girl was hot (which is a trope I hate)).

Originally Posted by balgajo

Wtf!? I had to read the chapter after your comment....XD
I dropped Fuuka a long time ago, some months after she died...but I remember Nachi being gay. Wtf happened?

He, erm, got over (?) being gay and is dating his (female) homeroom teacher who is also the keyboardist from the Hedgehogs.
Last edited by Angry Grimace; 10-13-2017 at 12:09 AM.
Thud
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:25 AM)
Thud's Avatar
Magi - END

So yeah it finished... I do like how it ends on nonsensical Alibaba tone.

Then again this is another series that broke down after a while. Ever since Magnostadt it tried to go dark. I never felt it justified that transition. Bits and pieces were enjoyable, most of it was Alibab. This last year it was a mess. Should've ended way sooner.

It started as a whimsical adventure with an Arabian Nights vibe. The dungeons were great. Then it had be more battle manga with all kinds of conflicts.

At one point this was a 9 and it's a 6 now after finishing.
Stone Ocean
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:25 AM)
Stone Ocean's Avatar

Originally Posted by Angry Grimace

Nachi invites Iwami to a restaurant with the intent of complaining to her that she's using too much of their toilet paper. He says that he "has to get serious as a man to tell her this." Naturally, she assumes he's confessing. (Note: it was obvious it would eventually happen, it's been belligerent sexual tension for 150 chapters or something)

For some reason, the entire conversation progresses such that he believes she is talking about the length and quality of her poop. What is actually happening is that she likes Nachi but she wants to explain to him how she's gotten over Yuu (the MC) because while her feelings for Yuu have been around "longer," they're not as "heavy" as Aoi's feelings. Nachi believes that Iwami is literally comparing her feces to Aoi's and that she's trying to tell him that Aoi has a problem with constipation. When she says she's talked about Yuu on Twitter before, he somehow believes that she names her shits and and posts photographs of all of her bowel movements on Twitter.

Then, he asks her about Aoi being constipated, and she just thinks it's a weird metaphor and that he knows what's happening. Eventually, she says that she accepts his confession and he figures out what's going on and begins to take it back, but she makes a bunch of cutesy faces and he realizes she's hot and decides he'd rather have a hot girlfriend than clarify the toilet paper issue. (Apparently he's supposed to be really fucking stupid for both the shit conversation and also for not noticing the girl was hot (which is a trope I hate)).

Ok, I'm fully convinced that Fuuka is some sort of twisted social experiment now. There is no way an actual human being wrote this and had another human being approve this for printing.
remz
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:51 AM)
remz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Thud

Magi - END

So yeah it finished... I do like how it ends on nonsensical Alibaba tone.

Then again this is another series that broke down after a while. Ever since Magnostadt it tried to go dark. I never felt it justified that transition. Bits and pieces were enjoyable, most of it was Alibab. This last year it was a mess. Should've ended way sooner.

It started as a whimsical adventure with an Arabian Nights vibe. The dungeons were great. Then it had be more battle manga with all kinds of conflicts.

At one point this was a 9 and it's a 6 now after finishing.

Yeah I love the initial parts and felt the setting and main 3 characters were the strongest part. It started to lose me around the time of the first big war when people were floating in the sky nuking each other with Extreme magic. the scale was cooler when it was alibaba fencing not nuke wars
BassForever
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:02 AM)
BassForever's Avatar
Its not that magi went magical nukes, it's that it went from fairly small scale to magical nukes in one short arc and never backed down from it. The magnostadt war is what the scale of the final battle should have been, not the ending of a training arc.
B-Dubs
No Scrubs
(10-13-2017, 02:05 AM)
B-Dubs's Avatar
Maou-jou de Oyasumi 45

So, the Devil King (inadvertently) pawned off his problem on his brother Hades.

Being Hades is suffering.
casiopao
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:06 AM)
casiopao's Avatar
Chi no Wadachi 15

Well.... we now Hentai???

Ane Naru Mono 14

How to groom demon into our waifu lol. And whats with drawing becoming alive lol

3D kanojo 36

Tsuitsui finally grow some damn balls mrgrgrgrgr

Cross Account 6

Uukhhh. We know that it is 100% not going to be childhood friend ending but that blush still makes me tingle lol.

Hachi Ichi 75

Thats hot lol.

Nonbiri Vrmmo 1-2

Loli imoutos..... and many lolicons lol.
Last edited by casiopao; 10-13-2017 at 03:12 AM.
Cess007
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:59 AM)
Cess007's Avatar
Trail of Blood 15

Yeaaaaah. No
Quasar
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:00 AM)
Quasar's Avatar

Originally Posted by B-Dubs

What? Noooooooo

Kind of surprised. It seemed like it was unending. Ending better be happy. Of course I am way way behind where japan is up to.
casiopao
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:08 AM)
casiopao's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cess007

Trail of Blood 15

Yeaaaaah. No

Hahaha......the girl who confess is soo much going to get boat scene huh.
wamberz1
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:23 AM)
wamberz1's Avatar
OPM 123

What an incredible fucking chapter. Nonstop intense action with 0 downtime - everyone gets their moment, Garou beasting it up and taking them down one by one. Legitimately heart pounding which is something not often triggered by manga for me. The art was superb and the way movements were illustrated continued to be incredible. I think this and the last chapter might be my favorites in the whole series so far.
diaspora
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:40 AM)
diaspora's Avatar
A Trail of Blood 1-15

It's too early in the damn morning for this.

Originally Posted by casiopao

Hahaha......the girl who confess is soo much going to get boat scene huh.

I feel like I recognize this reference but I can't remember from where.
InfiniDragon
Member
(10-13-2017, 07:45 AM)
InfiniDragon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cess007

Trail of Blood 15

Yeaaaaah. No

This lady is off her rocker. Like, I really want to know what caused her to get this way.
casiopao
Member
(10-13-2017, 07:50 AM)
casiopao's Avatar

Originally Posted by diaspora

A Trail of Blood 1-15

It's too early in the damn morning for this.

I feel like I recognize this reference but I can't remember from where.

How can u forget da best anime ..... days.^_^
nelsonroyale
Member
(10-13-2017, 09:11 AM)
nelsonroyale's Avatar

Originally Posted by wamberz1

OPM 123

What an incredible fucking chapter. Nonstop intense action with 0 downtime - everyone gets their moment, Garou beasting it up and taking them down one by one. Legitimately heart pounding which is something not often triggered by manga for me. The art was superb and the way movements were illustrated continued to be incredible. I think this and the last chapter might be my favorites in the whole series so far.

Yeah it was absolutely superb! Genos is there though...? It would be ridiculous if Garou beat him in the state he is in now...
A Huge Battleship
Member
(10-13-2017, 09:54 AM)
A Huge Battleship's Avatar
Maou-jou de Oyasumi 45

Our princess is in another castle. I'm sure the demon king (v1) will immediately set out to re-kidnap the kidnapped princess, so that his castle can return to its daily state of abject fear and torment. Yep. Immediately.

The Duke of Death and his Black Maid 2

If this manga's theme is 'being duke is suffering', I suspect his meeting with his potential friend will go less successfully than he's hoping. With or without the interference of his maid.
Sandfox
Member
(10-13-2017, 10:52 AM)
Sandfox's Avatar
It's nice that Yankee-Kun to Megane-Chan finally got a real conclusion.
LeleSocho
Member
(10-13-2017, 11:07 AM)
LeleSocho's Avatar



It costed me an arm and a leg for being a phone cover but i'm so happy about it!
Usobuko
Member
(10-13-2017, 11:28 AM)
Usobuko's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sandfox

It's nice that Yankee-Kun to Megane-Chan finally got a real conclusion.

What do you mean?
Sandfox
Member
(10-13-2017, 11:32 AM)
Sandfox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Usobuko

What do you mean?

An epilogue chapter was released that gives a better ending to the series.
DNAbro
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:07 PM)
DNAbro's Avatar
My Hero Academia 156

I like this very very angry Deku.


I'm very wary of Eri's quirk because of the implications of what it can do. Introducing a dues ex machina device like this seems like the worst thing you could do. Maybe it's not as BS as it sounds or maybe the it will be dealt with in a different way( like letting her die) but this is the first time in this series where I'm thinking that this is a really bad idea.

Promised Neverland 59

Love the panel of Emma holding the bazooka. Can't wait to see where the series goes from here.
Thud
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:15 PM)
Thud's Avatar

Originally Posted by LeleSocho

It costed me an arm and a leg for being a phone cover but i'm so happy about it!

Well Yotsuba did save the world.
zroid
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:41 PM)
zroid's Avatar

Originally Posted by LeleSocho



It costed me an arm and a leg for being a phone cover but i'm so happy about it!

please tell me that it's actually a fuzzy texture, and not just a printing effect
Mendrox
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:51 PM)
Mendrox's Avatar
Soma 235

That reaction of the female judge. Lord and I was reading the chapter at work. :3
Usobuko
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:10 PM)
Usobuko's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sandfox

An epilogue chapter was released that gives a better ending to the series.

Man, I'm kinda doubt it after that ending but I'll read it later.
LeleSocho
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:15 PM)
LeleSocho's Avatar

Originally Posted by zroid

please tell me that it's actually a fuzzy texture, and not just a printing effect

It is!
zroid
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:59 PM)
zroid's Avatar

Originally Posted by LeleSocho

It is!

😍
casiopao
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:06 PM)
casiopao's Avatar
Emma holding bazooka indeed is soo cute lol.^_^
Thud
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:24 PM)
Thud's Avatar
Dr. Stone 31

Dying for science. Death Flag lowered.

My Hero Academia 156

I'm not sure if I read the previous one lol. They're outside again. Kinda glad this arc seems to be finished, dragged a bit. Mirio and Nighthawke did their awesome part.
BassForever
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:26 PM)
BassForever's Avatar

Originally Posted by Thud

Dr. Stone 31

Dying for science. Death Flag lowered.

My Hero Academia 156

I'm not sure if I read the previous one lol. They're outside again. Kinda glad this arc seems to be finished, dragged a bit. Mirio and Nighthawke did their awesome part.

The first part was a flash back to explain how the girls got to the chisaki battle.
Zweizer
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:27 PM)
Zweizer's Avatar
Dungeon Meshi ch38

I appreciate the way Kui Ryoko manages to keep an atmosphere that's not too heavy after such a devastating encounter. Poor Marcille keeps getting bullied though.

lmao

Futari Monologue ch2

Informal speech is an improtant step towards becoming friends (again (eventually)) after all!

Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch45

It was time for a change of scenery. Let's see how long this other guy last.

Joshikausei ch66

That's one way to do fitness, AKA the win-win solution. I approve.

One Punch-Man ch82

What a turnaround. Kinda bullshit that he went from almost no stamina left to being all springy, but figures he wouldn't be defeated there.

Hatarakanai Futari ch190.3

Such prejudice towards fat people.

Beastars ch54

Legosi sure has a knack for attracting trouble, despite wanting to live a plain and boring life.

Wisdom always comes from the most uenxpected places!

Shokugeki no Soma ch235

It's been a long since we had such a kinky foodgasm.

My Hero Academia ch156

That's a pretty powerful power to have. Guess that's a possible way for Mirio to get back his quirk.

Myuu & I ch8

It's kind of amazing nobody questioned them perpetually wearing a scarf during the contest. On the bright side, they improved someone's day.

Hozuki-san Chi no Aneki + Imouto ch16

It's 6 pages of him spouting nonsense, but that beats him being gratuitously bullied I guess.
Cess007
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:29 PM)
Cess007's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sandfox

It's nice that Yankee-Kun to Megane-Chan finally got a real conclusion.

Originally Posted by Sandfox

An epilogue chapter was released that gives a better ending to the series.

Damn, I remember being so pissed at the ending that I can barely remember. Didn't the guy become a teacher in the same school hoping she appears again, and she did? I hope the epilogue is way better.
Stone Ocean
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:50 PM)
Stone Ocean's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cess007

Damn, I remember being so pissed at the ending that I can barely remember. Didn't the guy become a teacher in the same school hoping she appears again, and she did? I hope the epilogue is way better.

That was essentially the ending, yes
Shengar
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:58 PM)
Shengar's Avatar

Anyone knows where's this coming from?
Ray Down
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:07 PM)
Ray Down's Avatar
OP Vol 87
Last edited by Ray Down; 10-13-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Thud
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:13 PM)
Thud's Avatar
That's pretty rad.
Chase17
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:32 PM)
Chase17's Avatar
Shudan 15
Already at the all-youth tournament and playing the Daigo/Ritsu team huh.
spiritfox
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:39 PM)
spiritfox's Avatar
Dungeon Meshi 38

The last few chapters have been pretty dark, but man the whole stabbing and blood and cut throat thing is pretty gory. But we're finished with basically the first chapter of this story. I wonder what they're gonna see in the next stratum.
Semblance
shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
(10-13-2017, 06:28 PM)
Semblance's Avatar
Dungeon Meshi ch. 38

Kabru can jump on a chimera and slash her up no problem, but can't handle Laius' omelette? My dude Kuro was ready to man up to that challenge though.

The Promised Neverland ch. 59

I can respect going for a weapon with four barrels, but c'mon now. The bazooka was clearly the correct choice.

I do like Gilda putting her foot down at the end though.
dramatis
Member
(10-13-2017, 06:32 PM)
dramatis's Avatar

Originally Posted by LeleSocho

It costed me an arm and a leg for being a phone cover but i'm so happy about it!

Doesn't look like it's for an Essential to me

Still, A+
Thud
Member
(10-13-2017, 06:46 PM)
Thud's Avatar
Robot x Laserbeam 29

The Prince of Golf did not disappoint.

Promised Neverland 59

Great, now one of them has to die. Thanks Gilda.
Sandfox
Member
(10-13-2017, 06:48 PM)
Sandfox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Usobuko

Man, I'm kinda doubt it after that ending but I'll read it later.

Don't expect anything amazing, but it's better than what we got before.
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(10-13-2017, 06:49 PM)
Haly's Avatar
Seems like Kabru has some monster-related trauma, which is why he's such a psychopath.

Fantastic chapter by the way, one of the most well balanced chapters in terms of comedy/drama/action I've ever seen.
FlowersisBritish
fleurs n'est pas britannique
(10-13-2017, 06:52 PM)
FlowersisBritish's Avatar
MHA This constant narration trying to tell me how to feel is really starting to annoy me. It detracts from the moments a lot more than it adds. Also "Reverse" what? How does that make sense? How does "reverse" erase quirks?

Black Clover Magic circles on your body was kinda cool. Also Ice guy from forever ago was a huge dick. This is what I think the manga does best tbh, it takes small elements you forget about in the beginning of the arc and brings them back. This thing is one of the most Chekov's Gun things I've read in awhile.

Promised Neverland Glad for the smaller cast again. Honestly, I don't give half a shit about any of these other kids. They're all kinda bland and personality-less.

Dr. Stone Those gas masks look pretty cool.
Ascheroth
Member
(10-13-2017, 06:54 PM)
Ascheroth's Avatar

Originally Posted by FlowersisBritish

MHA This constant narration trying to tell me how to feel is really starting to annoy me. It detracts from the moments a lot more than it adds. Also "Reverse" what? How does that make sense? How does "reverse" erase quirks?

Shit translation, as usual.
LeleSocho
Member
(10-13-2017, 06:57 PM)
LeleSocho's Avatar

Originally Posted by dramatis

Doesn't look like it's for an Essential to me

Still, A+

It's for my future iPhone 8, this purchase seals the deal on what phone i'm getting.

---

Dungeon Meshi - 38

Originally Posted by Haly

Fantastic chapter by the way, one of the most well balanced chapters in terms of comedy/drama/action I've ever seen.

It surely is the best balanced manga i've read regarding those terms.
Saudades
Member
(10-13-2017, 07:08 PM)
Saudades's Avatar
OPM 123
So GAR I had to read it to a Masaaki Endoh song. And it was fucking glorious.
Whoever is animating this part in the future, I hope it's not fucking JC Staff.
Sibersk Esto
Member
(10-13-2017, 07:31 PM)
Sibersk Esto's Avatar

Originally Posted by Saudades

OPM 123
So GAR I had to read it to a Masaaki Endoh song. And it was fucking glorious.
Whoever is animating this part in the future, I hope it's not fucking JC Staff.

It would be pretty dire if Season 2 is just everything between the end of last season and this fight.

Thread Tools