• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

YesNOnoNOYes
(08-20-2017, 02:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Deserted Maniac Island

I'm so sorry to hear that, sounds rough. I can't imagine how hard that must be to be away.

Kinda related story. As a kid we had got a third little cute kitten, Sophia, to our family. We were so happy to have Sophia, it was really comforting to have cats in the house, especially this one. But, one day, the wild cat that frequented our house killed Sophia, because we forgot to lock the backdoor. I remember hear Sophia scream. I couldn't handle it. I was really sad...

Btw, hi I'm Deserted Maniac Island (I'm a boy. I don't know I thought I should say that), nice to meet you people!

hi dessi :>

welcome o/

and very sorry to hear about how your cat went ; __ ;
weemadarthur
(08-20-2017, 02:55 AM)

nice to meet you people!

I like your middle name.
Deserted Maniac Island
(08-20-2017, 04:39 AM)

Originally Posted by YesNOnoNOYes

hi dessi :>

welcome o/

and very sorry to hear about how your cat went ; __ ;

Hi! Thanks, I'm still sad about losing that cat so early in it's life.

Originally Posted by weemadarthur

I like your middle name.

Thanks. Is my username "edgy." I don't know I just thought of it randomly.
StoneFox
(08-20-2017, 07:12 AM)
Having one of those weird weeks were I get period symptoms but no actual bleeding. Why you got to be like this body? :| Can I get the opposite where I bleed without the symtoms ugh

This must be my body's revenge for eating at Taco Bell two times a week for the past month. But it's so good ;_;
Leeness
(08-20-2017, 07:18 AM)

Originally Posted by StoneFox

Having one of those weird weeks were I get period symptoms but no actual bleeding. Why you got to be like this body? :| Can I get the opposite where I bleed without the symtoms ugh

This must be my body's revenge for eating at Taco Bell two times a week for the past month. But it's so good ;_;

Hate thaaaaat. Like...two weeks out from period and getting cramps and back ache and sore boobs like...that's fine. It's fine. Whatever. I'll just be constantly PMSing. It's fine.
Swamped
(08-20-2017, 11:35 AM)

Progesterone is a bitch
hey_monkey
(08-20-2017, 05:30 PM)
With my PhD exam stress, my last period lasted forever. I thought it would never end. And the cramps were so bad. Backpain can especially die in a fire.
weemadarthur
(08-20-2017, 06:16 PM)

Thanks. Is my username "edgy." I don't know I just thought of it randomly.

Edgy? I doubt it.
Did you look at MY middle name?
Deserted Maniac Island
(08-20-2017, 06:33 PM)

Originally Posted by weemadarthur

Edgy? I doubt it.
Did you look at MY middle name?

Oh! Now I get it!

It took me like 5 minutes looking at it to see "mad."
EverythingShiny
(08-21-2017, 02:34 PM)

This is me right now, too! It's probably my Mirena making things weird. I've had it for 2.5 years and still have a period most of the time except random months like this where I have the cramping but no actual bleeding. Blech.
Media
(08-21-2017, 08:09 PM)

Originally Posted by EverythingShiny

This is me right now, too! It's probably my Mirena making things weird. I've had it for 2.5 years and still have a period most of the time except random months like this where I have the cramping but no actual bleeding. Blech.

Never had PMS, just bled like fucking crazy due to a weird birth defect (double uterus, zero now yay). And of course crippling pain. Was never moody or anything
Morrigan Stark
Arrogant Smirk
(09-05-2017, 02:41 PM)
Amazing
http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/blet...11364209318611

But women are not biologically meant for tech amirite
hey_monkey
(09-05-2017, 03:10 PM)
GirlGAF folks who enjoy the makeup - I need a new foundation. Something that isn't too thick, as in thick consistency (thicker coverage is fine; I'll probably get a few different kinds for different days). Will consider any recommendations you have!
backslashbunny
(09-06-2017, 01:24 AM)
Well, I use BB cream.

Aside from that, I have a thicker foundation I use (Kat Von D).

TBH I like BB creams since they all have SPF in them, and are very sheer.
hey_monkey
(09-06-2017, 06:15 AM)
I have a couple BB creams I like but I need something with a little more coverage at times.
backslashbunny
(09-06-2017, 04:41 PM)
Mmm, maybe you could blend the two together? Otherwise, not sure-- I generally hate foundation, even though my skin sucks. Sorry :(
shiba5
(09-07-2017, 03:17 AM)
Anyone playing Destiny 2 besides me? I didn't like the first one, but this one is really fun so far.
hey_monkey
(09-07-2017, 03:26 AM)
Is it? I had some fun with the first, but mostly with friends, though I didn't feel it was worth the money. You like this one, though?
shiba5
(09-07-2017, 03:40 AM)

Originally Posted by hey_monkey

Is it? I had some fun with the first, but mostly with friends, though I didn't feel it was worth the money. You like this one, though?

Yes, it reminds me of Halo Bungie and not shitty Activision Bungie. It actually has a campaign with a story and some really fun level design. I've just been running through solo and having a blast. I thought the first game was a complete snore fest.
timetokill
I call 'em "death hugs"
(09-07-2017, 07:28 AM)

Originally Posted by shiba5

Anyone playing Destiny 2 besides me? I didn't like the first one, but this one is really fun so far.

Maybe when it comes out on PC! Is there cross-play? Or are you on Playstation?
shiba5
(09-07-2017, 10:16 AM)

Originally Posted by timetokill

Maybe when it comes out on PC! Is there cross-play? Or are you on Playstation?

PS4
Brian Griffin
(09-07-2017, 06:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Morrigan Stark

Amazing
http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/blet...11364209318611

But women are not biologically meant for tech amirite

FUUUUUUCK that's so cool.
timetokill
I call 'em "death hugs"
(09-07-2017, 07:22 PM)

PS4

Bummer :(
shiba5
(09-08-2017, 03:24 AM)

Originally Posted by timetokill

Bummer :(

I might get it for PC too.
Deserted Maniac Island
(09-08-2017, 04:02 AM)
As someone who spent 100 hours in non-expansion Destiny... I'm loving the second one at lot. Problem is the group I played with on the first are busy and have other things to do, so I'm just enjoying solo.
shiba5
(09-08-2017, 04:21 AM)

As someone who spent 100 hours in non-expansion Destiny... I'm loving the second one at lot. Problem is the group I played with on the first are busy and have other things to do, so I'm just enjoying solo.

If you're on PS4, I can pretty much play whenever. I'm EST.
I've been running through solo and doing a lot of the public events so far.
QuantumSquid
(09-08-2017, 05:09 AM)
Why do women's clothing manufacturers torture their customers by not including pockets on their pants?
hey_monkey
(09-08-2017, 05:20 AM)

Originally Posted by QuantumSquid

Why do women's clothing manufacturers torture their customers by not including pockets on their pants?

patriarchy
Deserted Maniac Island
(09-08-2017, 03:17 PM)

If you're on PS4, I can pretty much play whenever. I'm EST.
I've been running through solo and doing a lot of the public events so far.

Yeah sounds good. Feel free to add me, my PSN is Truth-Ray. (I'm a guy btw, thought I should say that).
StoneFox
(09-10-2017, 05:54 PM)

Just think, pockets on clothing weren't even invented until the 19th century so we live in the rare era of pants pockets and we can't even properly use them. :(
Morrigan Stark
Arrogant Smirk
(09-10-2017, 05:57 PM)

Because women are valued for their looks and pants with proper pockets would mean less tight, less form-fitting, less sexy pants and women in practical clothing? pfft we can't have that.

Or:

patriarchy

backslashbunny
(09-11-2017, 02:21 AM)
I found a line of super cheap, super comfortable dresses on Amazon.. with pockets. DEEP pockets.

The only problem is that they're almost too fancy for me. I'm not sure if it's too bright for work.. but omigod I love them.
NipplesAndToes23
Banned
(09-11-2017, 02:32 AM)

I got the first a while ago, but haven't played it yet.
backslashbunny
(09-13-2017, 01:37 AM)
Ugh the oblivious effects of sexism whenever goddamn Hillary threads pop up is just... infuriating.
Leeness
(09-13-2017, 01:40 AM)

Originally Posted by backslashbunny

Ugh the oblivious effects of sexism whenever goddamn Hillary threads pop up is just... infuriating.

Hillary threads are so tiring. :/ I miss when the board generally liked her.
shiba5
(09-13-2017, 03:36 PM)

Yeah sounds good. Feel free to add me, my PSN is Truth-Ray. (I'm a guy btw, thought I should say that).

Sorry, just saw this. I've been away and not checking GAF much. I'll add you today.
hey_monkey
(09-13-2017, 03:45 PM)
People have almost worn me down over Destiny 2, but I'm a filthy Xboxer, alas.
gaiages
Banned
(09-13-2017, 04:04 PM)

Originally Posted by backslashbunny

I found a line of super cheap, super comfortable dresses on Amazon.. with pockets. DEEP pockets.

The only problem is that they're almost too fancy for me. I'm not sure if it's too bright for work.. but omigod I love them.

Link plz I want to try and wear dresses more often but $$

People have almost worn me down over Destiny 2, but I'm a filthy Xboxer, alas.

Hey I have a XBO too, I'm excited for all the backwards compatible stuff

I haven't turned it on in weeks though, no time
backslashbunny
(09-14-2017, 12:45 AM)

Originally Posted by gaiages

Link plz I want to try and wear dresses more often but $$

Hey I have a XBO too, I'm excited for all the backwards compatible stuff

I haven't turned it on in weeks though, no time

https://www.amazon.com/KIRA-Womens-V.../dp/B01MR4L003

I have three dresses from them :D
MsKrisp
(09-14-2017, 04:09 AM)
You know I've always complained about pockets and stuff, never realizing how deep the history goes, or that I wasn't alone in my disgust over them. There's so many articles about the history of women's pockets:

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...ockets/380935/

https://mic.com/articles/133948/the-...ets#.fGNH2ZMsD

https://www.racked.com/2016/9/19/128...ragettes-women

That's just a few of them
NipplesAndToes23
Banned
(09-14-2017, 04:31 AM)

Originally Posted by MsKrisp

You know I've always complained about pockets and stuff, never realizing how deep the history goes, or that I wasn't alone in my disgust over them. There's so many articles about the history of women's pockets:

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...ockets/380935/

https://mic.com/articles/133948/the-...ets#.fGNH2ZMsD

https://www.racked.com/2016/9/19/128...ragettes-women

That's just a few of them

I'm going to read these when I get off work tomorrow.
ShyMel
(09-17-2017, 02:59 AM)
*Goes into the Travis thread* Yes, how dare a woman be offended by some guy talking about boobs on an unrelated topoc. This is why Trump won. /s

Ugh why do people not get that there is a time and place for saying things like that. It's not in the workplace though.
Leeness
(09-17-2017, 05:23 AM)

Originally Posted by ShyMel

*Goes into the Travis thread* Yes, how dare a woman be offended by some guy talking about boobs on an unrelated topoc. This is why Trump won. /s

Ugh why do people not get that there is a time and place for saying things like that. It's not in the workplace though.

My mind is a little blown at that topic 😑

I mean, kind of...maybe not really lol. Maybe I'm naive but I didn't think it would turn into a shitty "well boobs vs asses let's objectify women!!" thread. I thought it would at least be somewhat civil lol
Last edited by Leeness; 09-17-2017 at 05:26 AM.
Media
(09-17-2017, 07:32 AM)
Thread made me mad, had to post. Oops.
shiba5
(09-17-2017, 06:31 PM)
That thread was gross, but unsurprising. It's the reason it's so hard to get people to take sexual harassment seriously. "HUR HUR boys will be boys!"
StoneFox
(09-17-2017, 07:20 PM)
I don't know how more men don't get offended by "boys will be boys." Doesn't it imply that they have low standards and that their attraction towards others haven't matured since they hit puberty? Not to mention reinforcing sexist stereotypes that creates bias that men MUST find tits and asses attractive or else there's something wrong with them.
Leeness
(09-17-2017, 08:38 PM)

I don't know how more men don't get offended by "boys will be boys." Doesn't it imply that they have low standards and that their attraction towards others haven't matured since they hit puberty? Not to mention reinforcing sexist stereotypes that creates bias that men MUST find tits and asses attractive or else there's something wrong with them.

But...but...we must all know which part of a woman they enjoy more--the butt or the boobs!!! If we don't know, how will we, as women, know that they have no respect for us???

HOW.
hey_monkey
(09-17-2017, 08:45 PM)

It also means they have no self control and are inherently inclined to objectify women. But this is supported from so many cultural angles that men internalize it (in many ways), even if the think they don't.

What thread was this?
YesNOnoNOYes
(09-17-2017, 09:18 PM)

It also means they have no self control and are inherently inclined to objectify women. But this is supported from so many cultural angles that men internalize it (in many ways), even if the think they don't.

What thread was this?

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1433732

It was like entitlement central when I went in there.
Morrigan Stark
Arrogant Smirk
(09-17-2017, 10:10 PM)
I see your thread, and raise you this dumpster fire:

This Russian stripper, whom I paid $300 to spread her ass cheeks, is totally into me, you guys!