• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Swamped
(10-09-2017, 07:32 PM)

Originally Posted by backslashbunny

My mango pops are striped, but that's about the only success. I hated the taste.

I used Greek yogurt, almond milk, maple syrup, sugar, and fresh mango. The mango puree wasn't sweet enough, the Greek yogurt sourness still came through and isn't taste nice, and the whole thing was icy!!!

Next time I'm going to try with more sugar.

I mean, those ingredients sound extremely appetizing, my mouth is watering right now. I'm sure you'll get it right next time.

This is totally not what you asked for, but since I love mango and I love desserts, I'm sharing one of my favorite recipes XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl532yGfItI
backslashbunny
(10-10-2017, 12:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Swamped

I mean, those ingredients sound extremely appetizing, my mouth is watering right now. I'm sure you'll get it right next time.

This is totally not what you asked for, but since I love mango and I love desserts, I'm sharing one of my favorite recipes XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl532yGfItI

I'll check this out when I get home, thanks!

Side note rant: I'm miserableeeeeeee. Most of y'all know my work schedule (80 hours a week, for the past eight weeks), but today my period is just killing me. I'm tired AF, I feel like my uterus is an angry pufferfish, and I keep getting hot and cold flashes.

fuckkkkk meeeeeeeeeeee
Morrigan Stark
Arrogant Smirk
(10-10-2017, 08:25 PM)
The thread about long-haired men in the workplace is depressing. So much conservative garbage, and so much prejudice too. You'd think that for once, when it's actually dudes who get discriminated against, they'd find common ground and go "yeah this is bullshit and totally sexist against men" and for once they'd be right, but only a few acknowledge that and the rest defend the status quo. WTF??

Even more infuriating, however, is the latest thread about Harvey Weinstein where, somehow, on page 2 or so, someone managed to derail the entire thread about a powerful Hollywood producer being a serial rapist and sexual harasser to make it about HILLARY CLINTON BECAUSE OF COURSE
backslashbunny
(10-10-2017, 08:37 PM)
What do people have against powerful women.
Professor Beef
holds a doctorate in beef
(10-10-2017, 09:23 PM)

What do people have against powerful women.

those powerful women prolly won't fuck them
WaffleTaco
Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
(10-11-2017, 02:37 AM)
I treated the hair thread as a joke thread tbh, and am quite surprised at the responses. I mean personally I don't care if a guy has long hair, but having short hair on men in the professional world is just the way it is. It might change eventually, but that is probably around 20-30 years from now, and by then we might feel similar to how older people. . . although I really hope not.
Morrigan Stark
Arrogant Smirk
(10-11-2017, 06:00 AM)

Originally Posted by WaffleTaco

I treated the hair thread as a joke thread tbh, and am quite surprised at the responses. I mean personally I don't care if a guy has long hair, but having short hair on men in the professional world is just the way it is. It might change eventually, but that is probably around 20-30 years from now, and by then we might feel similar to how older people. . . although I really hope not.

"It's just the way it is"
"It might change in ___ years"
"In the meantime accept it and shut up"

Now where have I heard this before... 🤔
Misha
(10-11-2017, 06:32 AM)

Originally Posted by WaffleTaco

Previous generations probably had more guys with long hair. Hippies and also the 80s. I'm sure they were in the minority and weren't able to dictate business practices going forward. Probably doesn't help that I'm sure a lot of people dont care and get taught the traditional way as they work their way up an organization
H.Protagonist
[-_-]/
(10-11-2017, 04:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Morrigan Stark

The thread about long-haired men in the workplace is depressing. So much conservative garbage, and so much prejudice too. You'd think that for once, when it's actually dudes who get discriminated against, they'd find common ground and go "yeah this is bullshit and totally sexist against men" and for once they'd be right, but only a few acknowledge that and the rest defend the status quo. WTF??

Even more infuriating, however, is the latest thread about Harvey Weinstein where, somehow, on page 2 or so, someone managed to derail the entire thread about a powerful Hollywood producer being a serial rapist and sexual harasser to make it about HILLARY CLINTON BECAUSE OF COURSE

It was a bit surprising that so many seem hell bent on arguing against more rights for themselves. Like, even if that's the way it currently is because of old values, surely they'd see that moving forward instead of just accepting it would be better, right? But they didn't/don't... It's bizarre.
WaffleTaco
(10-11-2017, 04:42 PM)

"It's just the way it is"
"It might change in ___ years"
"In the meantime accept it and shut up"

Now where have I heard this before... 🤔

Oh! I am not telling people to shut up about it, nah I ain't about that. I mean I can see how it can be easily constituted though. Definitely poor wording on my part.

Originally Posted by Misha

Previous generations probably had more guys with long hair. Hippies and also the 80s. I'm sure they were in the minority and weren't able to dictate business practices going forward. Probably doesn't help that I'm sure a lot of people dont care and get taught the traditional way as they work their way up an organization

You are definitely right on this point. I do wonder with longer hair being "in" if this traditional mentality with hair might stop.
YesNOnoNOYes
(10-12-2017, 07:37 AM)
thankfully, we hire men and women with long hair or no hair or some hair at my current workplace. cuz we hire based on skills not hair..................................... breaking news???

:thinking emoji:

on another news, i saw blade runner 2049 and it was gorgeous but it made me uncomfortable throughout as i sat there in the theatre watching it as if there was a glaring and pervasive message oozing from the screen, that it was made for straight men by men.

still, it was a very competently put together flick. very beautiful.
Morrigan Stark
Arrogant Smirk
(10-12-2017, 07:30 PM)
Oh? I wanted to go see Blade Runner too but now I'm wary...

Can you elaborate?
Last edited by Morrigan Stark; 10-12-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Pau
(10-12-2017, 07:53 PM)

Originally Posted by YesNOnoNOYes

on another news, i saw blade runner 2049 and it was gorgeous but it made me uncomfortable throughout as i sat there in the theatre watching it as if there was a glaring and pervasive message oozing from the screen, that it was made for straight men by men.

Yeah, Kark bought tickets for opening day but canceled once he saw some reviews mention this. Will probably be a Netflix watch for us. Shame.
Misha
(10-12-2017, 09:58 PM)

Originally Posted by YesNOnoNOYes

Originally Posted by Pau

Yeah, Kark bought tickets for opening day but canceled once he saw some reviews mention this. Will probably be a Netflix watch for us. Shame.

That sucks to hear :/
A couple friends and I were planning on watching the first movie and then the sequel in theaters on the same day. Will still probably do it but hopefully its not too bad in that way :/
hey_monkey
(10-12-2017, 10:40 PM)
Relevant: http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/why-d...in-sci-fi.html
YesNOnoNOYes
(10-12-2017, 11:50 PM)

Oh? I wanted to go see Blade Runner too but now I'm wary...

Can you elaborate?

i cant elaborate without spoiling the movie

if you like the first one, i can say that this one is a faithful sequel to the themes presented in the first one, and that it is very pretty.
backslashbunny
(10-15-2017, 10:55 PM)
I was reading the article about toxic fandom and I think the rise of women fans makes some of the male fans pissed because those men are aren't used to seeing women as anything other than sexual beings. The thought of a fellow woman who is asserting herself as an independent person with agency and opinions and thoughts, and not as a sexual companion who is pleasant and amenable to all the dude's thoughts, scares, confuses, and downright angers some of them.
StoneFox
(10-16-2017, 12:51 AM)
Kinda reminds me of the other night when a male friend and I were hanging out on Skype looking at Link fan art and he suddenly goes, "You know how I know when a fanart was done by a woman?"

Me: "Does he have bedroom eyes?"

Him: "I guess?"

He posts this in the chat and I chuckled pretty hard. The artist is male, by the way. xD

He finds fanart like that sort of uncomfortable to look at, so maybe some guys feel same and go off on the extreme end to think women are ruining things by "diluting" with their female-perpective fan works.
backslashbunny
(10-16-2017, 01:29 AM)

Originally Posted by StoneFox

Kinda reminds me of the other night when a male friend and I were hanging out on Skype looking at Link fan art and he suddenly goes, "You know how I know when a fanart was done by a woman?"

Me: "Does he have bedroom eyes?"

Him: "I guess?"

He posts this in the chat and I chuckled pretty hard. The artist is male, by the way. xD

He finds fanart like that sort of uncomfortable to look at, so maybe some guys feel same and go off on the extreme end to think women are ruining things by "diluting" with their female-perpective fan works.

"Shouldn't you be flattered women find men attractive? It's just biology."
NipplesAndToes23
Banned
(10-16-2017, 02:45 AM)
Random thought: how come you don't see any women with Jr or III's in their name?
Misha
(10-16-2017, 08:00 AM)

Originally Posted by NipplesAndToes23

Random thought: how come you don't see any women with Jr or III's in their name?

According to Wikipedia its cause women are less likely to have the exact same name down to the middle name and cause of marriage losing the last name https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffix...ational_titles
I would assume the only cases why people give their kids the exact same name is so they have a legacy name and since women wouldn't likely retain their last name theres no reason to make sure that happens

(get well from whatever ban that is soon!)
YesNOnoNOYes
(10-16-2017, 11:28 AM)

I was reading the article about toxic fandom and I think the rise of women fans makes some of the male fans pissed because those men are aren't used to seeing women as anything other than sexual beings. The thought of a fellow woman who is asserting herself as an independent person with agency and opinions and thoughts, and not as a sexual companion who is pleasant and amenable to all the dude's thoughts, scares, confuses, and downright angers some of them.

damn us women

always ruining things

>:3
WaffleTaco
(10-16-2017, 12:53 PM)
My fiancťe isnít a direct junior, but she does share the same name as her aunt, with the same spelling. Of course they have different last names because of patriarchy, but thatís one of the few times Iíve ever seen this happen.

Hope your ban isnít too long =( NipplesAndToes
Linkura
(Yesterday, 11:48 PM)
My mom has the same first name as her mom, but a different middle name. Close enough. I have the same middle name as that first name.

My dad is a junior.
Soulfire
(Today, 12:33 AM)
My mom and grandmother have middle names that start with the letter 'K' so my middle name does as well and I picked one for my daughter too. I like that better than doing a junior, when I worked with a credit card company I saw too many instances where people that were Jr's or Sr's got their credit screwed up by one or the other. Credit agencies have issues differentiating between them, even when the SSN are different and the addresses are too.
Media
(Today, 01:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Soulfire

My mom and grandmother have middle names that start with the letter 'K' so my middle name does as well and I picked one for my daughter too. I like that better than doing a junior, when I worked with a credit card company I saw too many instances where people that were Jr's or Sr's got their credit screwed up by one or the other. Credit agencies have issues differentiating between them, even when the SSN are different and the addresses are too.

Me and my three siblings all start with K. So my middle child got a K name as tribute