• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

DoctorFling
(10-10-2017, 12:09 AM)
When's the next commentary track, I swear sometimes I feel like these guys just sit around making stupid video content without regard for audio-only lovers
Ether_Snake
安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
(10-10-2017, 01:10 AM)

Originally Posted by jett

There's a lot of wrong information in their Re:view of Blade Runner. Harrison Ford also didn't purposefully tank the narration.

Harrison hated thoroughly the whole idea of the narration. When they did it over a third time, he was really pissed and thought it was just getting worst. A quote from Katy Haber who was there for Ford’s third recodring:

“By now I think he was sick of the whole movie anyway, didn’t like what Kibbee had come up with, so he purposely, I think, recited the narration badly. I think he was hoping they wouldn’t use it.”

Considering that comes from her, it’s pretty likely.

There’s a whole chapter on the narration in Future Noir that clears up everything about it, including how it was always expected to have a narration and Scott wanted it too, it just got rewritten badly.
Schlorgan
(10-10-2017, 01:13 AM)
So that Justice League trailer looks pretty terrible, huh?
jett
D-Member
(10-10-2017, 01:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Ether_Snake

Harrison hated thoroughly the whole idea of the narration. When they did it over a third time, he was really pissed and thought it was just getting worst. A quote from Katy Haber who was there for Ford’s third recodring:

“By now I think he was sick of the whole movie anyway, didn’t like what Kibbee had come up with, so he purposely, I think, recited the narration badly. I think he was hoping they wouldn’t use it.”

Considering that comes from her, it’s pretty likely.

There’s a whole chapter on the narration in Future Noir that clears up everything about it, including how it was always expected to have a narration and Scott wanted it too, it just got rewritten badly.

I think Ford himself had said he didn't narrate like shit on purpose, I read that somewhere sometime.

Some time ago I took a look at the shooting script (by Fancher and Peoples) and was surprised to find narration in there. It's completely different from the movie, since in the end those bits were added by somebody else.
Admiral Woofington
m'Souls, m'lady
(10-10-2017, 05:32 AM)
cant wait for the new nerd crew.
Hjod
(10-10-2017, 09:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Schlorgan

So that Justice League trailer looks pretty terrible, huh?

Haha, yes. And I was entertained by BvS, and even I thought the trailer made JL look like garbage, hot garbage.

Originally Posted by Admiral Woofington

cant wait for the new nerd crew.

Yes please! I love how the story speculation has begun again in the trailer thread haha.

Rockk
(10-10-2017, 06:40 PM)
I hope the Nerd Crew episode happens but I also hope Rich and Mike do a predictions video. There Force Awakens predictions were spot on and their Han Solo Solo predictions were funny.

Or just read more Wookiepedia articles.
Rydeen
(10-11-2017, 01:05 AM)

I think Ford himself had said he didn't narrate like shit on purpose, I read that somewhere sometime.

Some time ago I took a look at the shooting script (by Fancher and Peoples) and was surprised to find narration in there. It's completely different from the movie, since in the end those bits were added by somebody else.

Some of the original narration before Ridley Scott and Michael Deeley were fired and the studio re-wrote the narration can be heard on the Blade Runner five disc set on the alternate and deleted scenes section. It's nearly as long as the final movie, and the narration is much better, Ford is clearly more into it, and it's more of an internal monologue Deckard is having and less expository for the audience.

Even Deckard's original narration during the "tears in rain" scene is rather touching and elegant compared to the "I DON'T KNOW WHY HE SAVED MY LIFE..." from the theatrical cut.
Ether_Snake
安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
(10-11-2017, 01:53 AM)

The narration was there from the start yeah, it was always planned to be there because they wanted that Humphrey Bogart detective noir flick feel. Scott wanted it too, no one was opposing the idea. Eventually they decided to hold on it, because the script kept changing, and they knew the movie was going through various edits so there was no point trying to keep up, they'd do it after. They really wanted a narration that added to the movie, not one that described what the movie was already showing, so they wanted to wait after it was essentially done, a sort of polish that would add emotion, not clarify the plot or say what we saw. But then the studio got all the narration rewritten by Roland Kibbee, who was a TV writer connected to some higher up who tasked him with it, because the executives panicked from previews where a few people said they didn't understand anything.

When Hampton and Peoples watched the final edit with the finished narration, both were sitting next to each other and didn't say anything about it, thinking both had been tasked to rewrite it and thought they had done what they could under the conditions they were in. It's only a while later that they were talking about the movie to each other and found out neither of them had written those.
Last edited by Ether_Snake; 10-11-2017 at 02:10 AM.
jviggy43
(10-12-2017, 12:51 AM)
Its been two days, where is the nerd crew episode you hacks
Fat4all
(10-12-2017, 01:06 AM)
these hack fucks cant do nothin right
kevin1025
(10-12-2017, 01:09 AM)

Originally Posted by jviggy43

Its been two days, where is the nerd crew episode you hacks

Originally Posted by Fat4all

these hack fucks cant do nothin right

There's a Boo! post on their Patreon page, maybe we're getting the spooky Best of the Worst first!
Geeky
(10-12-2017, 01:16 AM)

Originally Posted by kevin1025

There's a Boo! post on their Patreon page, maybe we're getting the spooky Best of the Worst first!

I hope it doubles as a Rich Evans birthday video. He turns 40 this month. I can just see Mike giving him all kinds of shit.
BassForever
(10-12-2017, 02:19 AM)

I can't wait to watch the Madea best of the worst
kevin1025
(10-12-2017, 02:24 AM)

Originally Posted by BassForever

I can't wait to watch the Madea best of the worst

That would be deserving of a Spotlight episode.
BassForever
(10-12-2017, 02:25 AM)

That would be deserving of a Spotlight episode.

Wheel of the worst, theres enough madea films to fill both it and the plinketto board
kevin1025
(10-12-2017, 02:30 AM)

Wheel of the worst, theres enough madea films to fill both it and the plinketto board

Haha, that's actually a great call. A whole Plinketto board full of the Madea cinematic universe would be amazing.
TAJ
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
(10-12-2017, 03:47 AM)

Cruel and unusual punishment.
Real Hero
(10-12-2017, 04:17 PM)
why have they changed the format of pre rec?
davepoobond
you can't put a price on sparks
(10-12-2017, 04:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Real Hero

why have they changed the format of pre rec?

I don't listen to the streams anymore so I may be wrong. This last game might have been more important to show continuous video of the instead of them talking on the couch so they changed the style of the video to compensate.

Production-wise, It still sounds like they were in the same room talking since the quality of the mics didn't sound like they were over skype. So maybe they did it how they usually did and then cut up all of the audio.

Or maybe they just had some sort of terrible technical issue they couldn't use the video anymore and this is how they fixed it instead?
plasmawave
(10-12-2017, 11:53 PM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7TxylhyW1Y

Plinketto #4.
Fersis
It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
(10-12-2017, 11:55 PM)

Originally Posted by plasmawave

Plinketto #4.

Consider me hyped good sir.
Fat4all
(10-12-2017, 11:57 PM)

Plinketto #4.

fuck yeah, boi
MrCunningham
(10-12-2017, 11:57 PM)

Plinketto #4.

Will have to watch this later.
Sanjuro
Inside Man
(10-13-2017, 12:07 AM)

Plinketto #4.

Are you telling me I get to come home to this?!
kevin1025
(10-13-2017, 12:08 AM)

Plinketto #4.

I love movies!
Majine
(10-13-2017, 12:13 AM)
"Some people grew up playing Nintendo, I grew up playing flight simulators"
"FUCK YOU!"

Euphony
(10-13-2017, 12:22 AM)
Whoa new couch camera angle. I like it!

Edit: Poor Jack
Last edited by Euphony; 10-13-2017 at 12:25 AM.
JoeInky
(10-13-2017, 12:34 AM)
ESPECIALLY if it's a man that looks like this
jman2050
(10-13-2017, 12:53 AM)
So how long until some 20-something living near Milwaukee finds that time capsule?
kevin1025
(10-13-2017, 12:56 AM)
Oh my god, I remember seeing Little Bigfoot when I was a kid! It was during that glorious time of movie rentals and going with cool box art over anything else.
Fat4all
(10-13-2017, 01:21 AM)
Rich Evans is Unimpressed

Rich Evans is Impressed
Arkkoran
(10-13-2017, 06:38 PM)

Plinketto #4.

Last edited by Arkkoran; 10-13-2017 at 06:47 PM.
BoogieWoogie
(10-13-2017, 06:47 PM)
I love how angry Mike got at Jay for talking about what a testament to 90s shot on video Feeders was.
StopMakingSense
(10-13-2017, 07:35 PM)

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie

I love how angry Mike got at Jay for talking about what a testament to 90s shot on video Feeders was.

I also loved the bit about how it was a reminder of the 90s in the midwest being a holdover of 80s style.
BorkBork
The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
(10-13-2017, 09:19 PM)
Mama Bigfoot falling with the collapsing log was amazing.
daviyoung
aka Theakins Buttleworth
(10-13-2017, 10:06 PM)
I've never laughed at someone falling over as much as that one
imBask
(10-13-2017, 10:57 PM)
this thread is going off the rails

Freeza Under The Shower
(10-13-2017, 11:02 PM)
what's weird is that I have this nagging feeling that I've seen that movie, but don't remember ever watching it. It's easy to blame cable-tv for that one though. Probably saw it for five minutes while zapping or something.
D4Danger
(10-13-2017, 11:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Arkkoran

davepoobond
you can't put a price on sparks
(10-13-2017, 11:42 PM)
Turbulence 3 was on repeat on cable channels back in high school

Must have been cheap as fuck to license

Mama big foot falling was hilarious
Chocoboko
(10-14-2017, 12:42 AM)

Originally Posted by D4Danger

Yes! I'm glad someone made a gif of this. I lost it when that guy smiles at the end.

Like, what else could little big foot possibly be doing?
Admiral Woofington
m'Souls, m'lady
(10-14-2017, 12:51 AM)
im sorry but they cant keep getting away with this

jack deserves better
kevin1025
(10-14-2017, 12:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Admiral Woofington

im sorry but they cant keep getting away with this

jack deserves better

He will get his chance on the Nukie-only Plinketto episode.
firehawk12
Subete no aware
(10-14-2017, 03:20 AM)
He got to spin the wheel, that's enough!
Admiral Woofington
m'Souls, m'lady
(10-14-2017, 03:25 AM)
I was eating when they showed the scene of big foot and the log and I had to cough for 5 minutes over how much I started laughing.

Fucking A.
Forkball
(10-14-2017, 07:02 AM)
Rich Evans is my secret friend.

Mama Bigfoot falling on that log killed me.
Geeky
(10-14-2017, 01:56 PM)
NERD CREW!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3K44GQwxbA

I was hoping that parody channel was real.
Mr. Pointy
(10-14-2017, 02:00 PM)
Don't tell me Andy sent awkward texts to Jay as well?

It wouldn't surprise me. I'd creep on him as well.
Spinx
(10-14-2017, 02:29 PM)
I haven't seen the trailer.

But Rey/Ray TURNS TO THE DARK SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?