• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

BassForever
Member
(10-11-2017, 06:01 AM)
BassForever's Avatar
Pimp my arkham horror with plenty of room for the rest of the series

Also got my Marvel Legendary in the mail

Gonna have to crack into that this weekend
NuffDREW4two
Member
(10-11-2017, 06:29 AM)
NuffDREW4two's Avatar

Originally Posted by TerminalDogma

So, that sounds really awesome. Definitely put it towards the top of my "next game to get" list.

Be forewarned that it can be stressful. The game has timed card buying/deck construction phases which means that you're rushing to parse through a lot of information in the different cards to make the best "deck" you can. I enjoyed it, but my two gaming buds were a little lukewarm on that aspect and would rather play something less stressful. The theme however, is superb.
EYEL1NER
Member
(10-11-2017, 07:04 AM)
EYEL1NER's Avatar

Originally Posted by BassForever

Also got my Marvel Legendary in the mail



Gonna have to crack into that this weekend

Nice. I really need to break into mine sometime soon. I received a copy from BGG Secret Santa two years ago. I was sent a copy of the game, sleeved and organized, the original playmat, Dark Cities, the Fantastic Four expansion, the Spider-Man expansion, and the old BGG promos. I've since bought the GotG expansion and plan to eventually get Captain America and the Secret Wars boxes, but figure I should play it at some point. I feel bad too that the person who sent it really hooked me up, and put a lot of thought into what he sent me (he sent me a couple other things, including an Upper Deck cape that he got from their booth at GenCon or something while buying Legendary stuff). I would rather try it out with other people though, I've yet to play a deckbuilder by myself (I don't think, but I could be forgetting something. It isn't common if I have done it before) and would rather play in a group. The opportunity hasn't presented itself yet though.
-tetsuo-
Unlimited Capacity
(10-11-2017, 07:29 AM)
-tetsuo-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by NuffDREW4two

Be forewarned that it can be stressful. The game has timed card buying/deck construction phases which means that you're rushing to parse through a lot of information in the different cards to make the best "deck" you can. I enjoyed it, but my two gaming buds were a little lukewarm on that aspect and would rather play something less stressful. The theme however, is superb.

Dreavus
Member
(10-11-2017, 08:12 AM)
Dreavus's Avatar

Originally Posted by -tetsuo-

Oh my God.

There are multiple levels here and I love all of it.
EYEL1NER
Member
(10-11-2017, 08:46 AM)
EYEL1NER's Avatar

Originally Posted by -tetsuo-

lol, that's pretty good. I haven't looked through all of the Millennium Blades cards yet, so I hadn't seen that.
KJ869
Member
(10-11-2017, 09:38 AM)
KJ869's Avatar
Finally arrived to the point with Steam Forged Games and Dark Souls Kickstarter where Im looking up my legal options for minor fraud (In finland there is 430e limit for minor fraud). Still no game, stil no communication. Thankfully Finnish police earlier decided that kickstarter is pre-sale (why kickstarter still dos not allow start project from finland) so its seen as sale agreement and if they dont give refund and dont deliver then it turns in to fraud. Usually this does not help, but in this case they are located in EU and they actively sell game to local stores so If I ever manage to get them convicted Finnish Police has opportunity to pursue the damages.
Snakethesniper
Member
(10-11-2017, 09:54 AM)
Snakethesniper's Avatar

Originally Posted by witchedwiz

i red some lukewarm review for gloom of kilforth, but i'll be biting the bullet here :P

Yeah, that's my worry. Seems something I could enjoy but I keep getting stopped reading about people that wanted to love it but found it average.

Speaking of something else, how's Tiny Epic Quests? Seems a little good game! Are there strategic elements on how to optimize your moves/actions?
Blizzard
Banned
(10-11-2017, 10:35 AM)
Blizzard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Snakethesniper

Yeah, that's my worry. Seems something I could enjoy but I keep getting stopped reading about people that wanted to love it but found it average.

Speaking of something else, how's Tiny Epic Quests? Seems a little good game! Are there strategic elements on how to optimize your moves/actions?

I like it. It's more push to luck than strategy, but setting up moves is a bit unique since you choose a move type which everyone does, but then you know what move types other players could choose that would affect you. You might also consider which items you assign to which meeple, and whether other players are likely to choose certain temples due to their requirements.

I like it better with a variant that active quests don't get bumped off, since that just seems mean.
Snakethesniper
Member
(10-11-2017, 11:56 AM)
Snakethesniper's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blizzard

I like it. It's more push to luck than strategy, but setting up moves is a bit unique since you choose a move type which everyone does, but then you know what move types other players could choose that would affect you. You might also consider which items you assign to which meeple, and whether other players are likely to choose certain temples due to their requirements.

I like it better with a variant that active quests don't get bumped off, since that just seems mean.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.
Speaking of workers placement/strategy, since a user suggested me I'd like this genre, I see there's Agricola and Caverna, which is best? I like the idea of managing food,animals and stuff, and I'd like something I can play solo too
Blizzard
Banned
(10-11-2017, 12:11 PM)
Blizzard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Snakethesniper

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.
Speaking of workers placement/strategy, since a user suggested me I'd like this genre, I see there's Agricola and Caverna, which is best? I like the idea of managing food,animals and stuff, and I'd like something I can play solo too

I've only tried Agricola but I find it super dry. I'm the wrong person to ask since I'll just say Feast for Odin anyway, good strategy and management and solo play. :P
AbsolutBro
Member
(10-11-2017, 03:01 PM)
AbsolutBro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Snakethesniper

Another thing, speaking of reprinted games/editions, how are Gloom Of Kilforth and Fireteam Zero? I see there's kickstarters for both

Dunno about Gloom of Kilforth, but I backed the original Fireteam Zero KS with all the expacs.

I enjoy the game, but my friends weren't as big on it. It's a co-op vs the board setup that scales to the number of players. There are 4 characters to play, but sometimes one or more is required. An interesting mechanic is that your attack cards double as your health, so you have to be careful when and how many cards to play.

There's a series of campaigns, and the expansions (Africa and Europe cycles) add more campaigns, more monsters and more ability cards.

It's not an easy game. Despite trying five or six times I have not gotten past the second mission of the first campaign. Your attacks spend health but also require dice rolls, so sometimes you spend health and do nothing to the enemy minions on the board. So it's heavy, heavy amerithrash, if that's your thing. Managing your cards (which can also be spent to assist or react to enemy actions), controlling the enemy attacks and targets. If you have cards in your hands when it comes time to redraw, you probably missed something you could have done.

I am looking forward to sorting the new actions/attacks into the player options and trying again.
Z3M0G
Member
(10-11-2017, 04:15 PM)
Z3M0G's Avatar

Originally Posted by -tetsuo-

Looked interesting, but not digging the "20 min limited draft phase" that is designed into the game.

If the gameplay is fun enough without that, I guess you could do the draft however you like...

Hey, anyone here play Ashes - Rise of the Phoenixborn? That game had a lot of promise, and seemed to have an active deck building community with some nice online tools, but if a game doesn't feel balanced with the base decks, I don't typically care to go any deeper with it...

What is a really good themed battled card game with balanced base decks?

Edit: I see Ashes is still getting new expansion decks...

https://www.plaidhatgames.com/store/1206
https://www.plaidhatgames.com/store/1205

But my friends really don't find it balanced and are pretty much done with it...

I should pick up more expansions and try to introduce it in our gaming nights again... But when you have a game as easy and fun to play as Hero Realms... it's kind of hard to swap that out with something else...

Edit: Eh... the more I think about how Ashes plays, the less I really want to get back into it... Sad...

Berserk is another one that was a huge disappointment...

WTF is that Grid-based battle game with the really balanced decks... trying to find it... Edit: Summoner Wars!! Edit: ehhh.. there's a reason I didn't bother with it years ago...

So yah, seriously, if anyone has suggestions for a battle card game in a box with balanced base decks, I'm all ears!!
Karkador
Banned
(10-11-2017, 04:31 PM)
Karkador's Avatar
Summoner Wars? edit: late
Snakethesniper
Member
(10-11-2017, 05:13 PM)
Snakethesniper's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blizzard

I like it. It's more push to luck than strategy, but setting up moves is a bit unique since you choose a move type which everyone does, but then you know what move types other players could choose that would affect you. You might also consider which items you assign to which meeple, and whether other players are likely to choose certain temples due to their requirements.

I like it better with a variant that active quests don't get bumped off, since that just seems mean.

I saw Tiny Epic Galaxies too, you have experience with that too?
-tetsuo-
Unlimited Capacity
(10-11-2017, 06:01 PM)
-tetsuo-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Z3M0G

Looked interesting, but not digging the "20 min limited draft phase" that is designed into the game.

The deckbuilding phase is actually the best part lol. It is 15 minutes of madness usually until everyone gets their deck and collection somewhat locked down. I should also mention that in true Lvl99 games fashion, there is a shitload on content in the box. We have played close to 10 times using less than half of the available cards and it is still incredibly fresh from a deckbuilding standpoint. We have used hardly any of the variants and not once used the "Venue" variant which puts you in an actual store to play in. Each store has a different effect on how you build and play tournaments. I have the expansion as well which adds a cooperative mode.
antiquegamer
Member
(10-11-2017, 06:44 PM)
antiquegamer's Avatar

Originally Posted by SapphiCine

Are any of the Zombicide games really good for solo? I was looking at Black Plague but you have to control 6 characters. Also Kickstarter shannanigans are a usual deterrent.

I've been eyeing this but the reviews seem mixed. Also the graphic design is very mediocre with the character and monster tiles not contrasting enough with the tiles which don't have much variety.

I occasionally play Zombicide solo and Black Plague is for me the best variant. Controlling multiple char is not hard in Zombicide since you don't really have a lot of choices. My problem with the game is that it never scale well and by the end it became just too boring. Also it really meant to be play as a group beer & pretzel game where you can just sit around with friends and family eat drinks and not taking it too seriously. I have yet to try Massive Darkness which is the latest incarnation of Zombicide game.

Shadowsape is trying to be small box portable card games and I think it actually suffer from that. The monsters tiles and card are small and their choice of colors and fonts are terrible. They re-use the artwork and assets from Mistfall which I found $40 MSRP to be a bit steep when I saw how small the box is. You can probably get it for around $30 or less however if you shop on-line. That said the game is pretty good and the variety is not on the monsters but the boss you face at the end and the options you have (because the rest of the dungeons tiles and upgrade cards are randomize each game). Below I used the stand from FFG for the enemy tiles.

https://imgur.com/a/TxSGd

Sorry for the link, I have no idea how to post picture from imgur since they keep changing their UI.


Originally Posted by witchedwiz

i red some lukewarm review for gloom of kilforth, but i'll be biting the bullet here :P

Honestly I backed this back in the day when I was discovering solo co-op board gaming and backed it mainly for the artwork. The game actually is pretty good. It is similar to Arkham Horror / Eldritch Horror mechanic where you move and then flip over the encounter card and overcome the test with dice. You level up by obtaining cards which can also be spend or take to certain locations to be play to your tableau. I think it's fun and there are several bad guys and like Shadowscape above the map tiles get randomize because it is just deck of cards. I was surprise that the game is pretty decent consider I only back it for the art.


Originally Posted by KJ869

Finally arrived to the point with Steam Forged Games and Dark Souls Kickstarter where Im looking up my legal options for minor fraud (In finland there is 430e limit for minor fraud). Still no game, stil no communication. Thankfully Finnish police earlier decided that kickstarter is pre-sale (why kickstarter still dos not allow start project from finland) so its seen as sale agreement and if they dont give refund and dont deliver then it turns in to fraud. Usually this does not help, but in this case they are located in EU and they actively sell game to local stores so If I ever manage to get them convicted Finnish Police has opportunity to pursue the damages.

Good luck and keep us inform what happen. They just (as expected) announced on KS that they are delaying the 2nd Wave with no new promise date because they don't want to set unrealistic expectation. LOL.
witchedwiz
Member
(10-11-2017, 06:52 PM)
witchedwiz's Avatar
Apart from imbalance, my gripe with ashes is the lack of any community..
I managed to find 2 players in fucking lumbardy.. in the whole lumbardy..
Like... wtf...
The game is even fun, dunno about balanced as I've played too little, but not enough players = dead game


So gloom over kilforth is decent as a solo game?
Good to know, might as well pledge then
Bii
Member
(10-11-2017, 07:07 PM)
Bii's Avatar

Originally Posted by KJ869

Finally arrived to the point with Steam Forged Games and Dark Souls Kickstarter where Im looking up my legal options for minor fraud (In finland there is 430e limit for minor fraud). Still no game, stil no communication. Thankfully Finnish police earlier decided that kickstarter is pre-sale (why kickstarter still dos not allow start project from finland) so its seen as sale agreement and if they dont give refund and dont deliver then it turns in to fraud. Usually this does not help, but in this case they are located in EU and they actively sell game to local stores so If I ever manage to get them convicted Finnish Police has opportunity to pursue the damages.

Wow, that sucks. Keep us updated.
I'm in the US and have been fortunate enough to receive my Dark Souls board game extremely early. My game didn't come with the rotating dials and I had sent Steam Forged Games an e-mail way back when and they replied but never sent anything out. *sigh*

I don't have high hopes for when they start sending out the stretch goals. Good thing I only opted for the base game and no additional boss add-ons.
AstroLad
Hail to the KING baby
(10-11-2017, 07:18 PM)
AstroLad's Avatar

Originally Posted by witchedwiz

Apart from imbalance, my gripe with ashes is the lack of any community..
I managed to find 2 players in fucking lumbardy.. in the whole lumbardy..
Like... wtf...
The game is even fun, dunno about balanced as I've played too little, but not enough players = dead game


So gloom over kilforth is decent as a solo game?
Good to know, might as well pledge then

the harsh reality for any competitive lcg/ccg. usu not a great idea to get into the niche ones unless you KNOW there's an established community that will stick around for a while, unless you're ok with just playing pre-made stuff on the kitchen table
witchedwiz
Member
(10-11-2017, 07:37 PM)
witchedwiz's Avatar

Originally Posted by AstroLad

the harsh reality for any competitive lcg/ccg. usu not a great idea to get into the niche ones unless you KNOW there's an established community that will stick around for a while, unless you're ok with just playing pre-made stuff on the kitchen table

Technically android netrunner has a similar (at a very lesser extent) problem, but there's jinteki so I can survive
EYEL1NER
Member
(10-11-2017, 07:53 PM)
EYEL1NER's Avatar

Originally Posted by KJ869

Finally arrived to the point with Steam Forged Games and Dark Souls Kickstarter where Im looking up my legal options for minor fraud (In finland there is 430e limit for minor fraud). Still no game, stil no communication. Thankfully Finnish police earlier decided that kickstarter is pre-sale (why kickstarter still dos not allow start project from finland) so its seen as sale agreement and if they dont give refund and dont deliver then it turns in to fraud. Usually this does not help, but in this case they are located in EU and they actively sell game to local stores so If I ever manage to get them convicted Finnish Police has opportunity to pursue the damages.

That's pretty cool that Finland has taken some kind of stance against Kickstarter projects/creators that fail to deliver or under-deliver. I'm not sure if treating every project across the board as a pre-order works, because there are projects outside of the board game category that are actually ideas that a creator wants to crowdfund in the spirit of Kickstarter. It's a start though, I guess. Here's hoping you get something out of it.
Snakethesniper
Member
(10-11-2017, 07:59 PM)
Snakethesniper's Avatar

Originally Posted by antiquegamer



Honestly I backed this back in the day when I was discovering solo co-op board gaming and backed it mainly for the artwork. The game actually is pretty good. It is similar to Arkham Horror / Eldritch Horror mechanic where you move and then flip over the encounter card and overcome the test with dice. You level up by obtaining cards which can also be spend or take to certain locations to be play to your tableau. I think it's fun and there are several bad guys and like Shadowscape above the map tiles get randomize because it is just deck of cards. I was surprise that the game is pretty decent consider I only back it for the art.

Seeing the gameplay I too made the comparison to EH, even the 5-6 rolls for success are identical, but I don't understand why if they're really similar, EH is considered good and gloom in considered "ok"
SapphiCine
Member
(10-11-2017, 08:05 PM)
SapphiCine's Avatar

Originally Posted by antiquegamer

Shadowsape is trying to be small box portable card games and I think it actually suffer from that. The monsters tiles and card are small and their choice of colors and fonts are terrible. They re-use the artwork and assets from Mistfall which I found $40 MSRP to be a bit steep when I saw how small the box is. You can probably get it for around $30 or less however if you shop on-line. That said the game is pretty good and the variety is not on the monsters but the boss you face at the end and the options you have (because the rest of the dungeons tiles and upgrade cards are randomize each game). Below I used the stand from FFG for the enemy tiles.

https://imgur.com/a/TxSGd

Sorry for the link, I have no idea how to post picture from imgur since they keep changing their UI.

Do you have the Kickstarter version by chance? Trying to decide if it is worth getting for the expansion.
antiquegamer
Member
(10-11-2017, 11:29 PM)
antiquegamer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Snakethesniper

Seeing the gameplay I too made the comparison to EH, even the 5-6 rolls for success are identical, but I don't understand why if they're really similar, EH is considered good and gloom in considered "ok"

Lack the polish and production value of FFG games. Art is beautiful but there are no story to read just small snippet so have to use your imagination and construct story around d it. Again not a bad game but all thing being equal you would get more from EH. I do enjoy the game so that's a plus.

Originally Posted by SapphiCine

Do you have the Kickstarter version by chance? Trying to decide if it is worth getting for the expansion.

No I didn't back this, I missed the KS but you can get expansion later. They don't do exclusive everything can be found on BGG. I would get core game and try it out first. I got it for $32 and it was OK at that price point I see it for less on line. Ant Lab game has a really good play through if you curious on how the game play.
sasimirobot
Junior Member
(10-12-2017, 02:41 AM)
sasimirobot's Avatar

Originally Posted by TerminalDogma

Ok folks, what are your favorite card drafting games? Me and my play group used to be BIG into Magic and we especially loved drafting. I'm kind of looking for a game that will give a similar feel to drafting Magic.

I know I mention this often but Netrunner is a great game, I just finished the campaign "Terminal Directive" and had a great time.

If you just buy the base game (Core set 2.0) and Terminal Directive you are looking at least 5/6 hours of good fun. After that with just those 2 boxes, you will be kitchen table deckbuilding for quite some time even with that limited card pool.
Orayn
Member
(10-12-2017, 06:08 AM)
Orayn's Avatar
Does anyone want to help me with an OT for Legend of the Five Rings LCG? I got way into it recently and I was thinking of making one.
TerminalDogma
Member
(10-12-2017, 08:07 AM)
TerminalDogma's Avatar

Originally Posted by sasimirobot

I know I mention this often but Netrunner is a great game, I just finished the campaign "Terminal Directive" and had a great time.

If you just buy the base game (Core set 2.0) and Terminal Directive you are looking at least 5/6 hours of good fun. After that with just those 2 boxes, you will be kitchen table deckbuilding for quite some time even with that limited card pool.

Is Netrunner a drafting game? I have always assumed it was just a card game, and not one that could really be drafted considering it's just two players that , from what I'm aware of, have very different decks. It's also a LCG, which I'm a little wary of mostly because I'm already all in on the Arkham LCG, and my friend just picked up the Game of Thrones LCG so I think with that we've got our "competitive card game" fix. But if Netrunner has some drafting component, I'd certainly be interested.
Karkador
Banned
(10-12-2017, 08:11 AM)
Karkador's Avatar

Originally Posted by TerminalDogma

Is Netrunner a drafting game? I have always assumed it was just a card game, and not one that could really be drafted considering it's just two players that , from what I'm aware of, have very different decks. It's also a LCG, which I'm a little wary of mostly because I'm already all in on the Arkham LCG, and my friend just picked up the Game of Thrones LCG so I think with that we've got our "competitive card game" fix. But if Netrunner has some drafting component, I'd certainly be interested.

It is an LCG, but they also sell draft packs for the game. You draft two decks, one for Corp and one for Runner. I imagine someone has figured out a "cube" for it with the lcg sets, too.

FWIW, Netrunner is an excellent competitive card game. The gameplay is really good.
TerminalDogma
Member
(10-12-2017, 08:25 AM)
TerminalDogma's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karkador

It is an LCG, but they also sell draft packs for the game. You draft two decks, one for Corp and one for Runner. I imagine someone has figured out a "cube" for it with the lcg sets, too.

FWIW, Netrunner is an excellent competitive card game. The gameplay is really good.

Draft packs you say? That does sound pretty cool. I'll have to look into it.
Snakethesniper
Member
(10-12-2017, 09:26 AM)
Snakethesniper's Avatar

Originally Posted by antiquegamer

Lack the polish and production value of FFG games. Art is beautiful but there are no story to read just small snippet so have to use your imagination and construct story around d it. Again not a bad game but all thing being equal you would get more from EH. I do enjoy the game so that's a plus.



No I didn't back this, I missed the KS but you can get expansion later. They don't do exclusive everything can be found on BGG. I would get core game and try it out first. I got it for $32 and it was OK at that price point I see it for less on line. Ant Lab game has a really good play through if you curious on how the game play.

So you would describe it as a more "abstract" fantasy version of EH?
-tetsuo-
Unlimited Capacity
(10-12-2017, 04:59 PM)
-tetsuo-'s Avatar
A game that I really enjoy that features drafting is Blood Rage. It is an area control game, so dudes on map trying to lock down territories, but each of the three rounds starts with a draft. Each player gets 8 cards and they draft 6 that represent the monsters, upgrades and quests that they can play that round. The area control stuff is important but the drafting makes or breaks your strategy and the game.
antiquegamer
Member
(10-12-2017, 06:08 PM)
antiquegamer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Snakethesniper

So you would describe it as a more "abstract" fantasy version of EH?

I am not sure if abstract is the right word. Gloom of Kilforth is may be more "distilled" and refine version of that type of games (move and flip cards). I like several things that the game does like your health and damage determine how many actions you get per round. There are sort of "active quest" which I guess is akin to Eldritch "Mystery" that when accomplish let you level up and go to the next quest.

You can see in picture below the standee is your character and the map tile card is location you go to. There is a timer event deck (Mythos Deck) that flip each night and it will turn the map card to the gloom side which will hinder you when you move and rest at gloom location. Your character race determined your basic stats (4 stats on the left side of the race card - in picture below it's the first card next to the mini-card).

Your profession then modify the stat, below I played Vampire Priest so I get bonus for "wisdom". You go to various place which earn you card and gold (which go to your hand as "rumor") then you can go to location specify on the card in order to play the card. You can also buy items from the main city by spending gold but golds also use to level up and advance the active quest so you have to weight the option. When level up you get your profession perk (the mini-card which I don't know why these are not not full size, I guess to keep it distinct from the class cards) - the perk also level up. So there are a lot of variable to keep the game fresh. The game end when all the land turned gloom (which happen when you flip the last event deck (the event deck by the way is fixed deck you don't construct it, however the deck is randomize so you won't know what event will flip each night).

Again, I didn't expect much from this game and it did surprise me that it was pretty good. If Arkham Horror style game is your thing then you might enjoy this game. I like that it easy to set up and don't require a lot of table space. The cards are beautiful and all have distinct art on them (only the class cards use duplicate art). There are more to the game, I think there is a play through by Box of Delight couple years back when the game was just a print and play prototype.



(Ok, finally figure out how to get the image from Imgur)
shindoku21
Member
(10-12-2017, 07:09 PM)
shindoku21's Avatar
Need to fill out an order for free shipping. Here's what I got so far:

Cosmic Incursion
Tiny Epic Quest
Splendor Expansion

Debating on:
TIME Stories Expansion (Next for my group is the dragon one?)
Burgle Bros.
Santorini (heard the latest edition is missing the ocean board. I know it's not necessary...)
Terraforming Mars (hear it's good, but I can wait)

Any suggestions? Trying to look for a co-op game that can play up to 4, preferably 6. Or something light. Or some worker placement.
Blizzard
Banned
(10-12-2017, 07:13 PM)
Blizzard's Avatar

Originally Posted by shindoku21

Need to fill out an order for free shipping. Here's what I got so far:

Cosmic Incursion
Tiny Epic Quest
Splendor Expansion

Debating on:
TIME Stories Expansion (Next for my group is the dragon one?)
Burgle Bros.
Santorini (heard the latest edition is missing the ocean board. I know it's not necessary...)
Terraforming Mars (hear it's good, but I can wait)

Any suggestions? Trying to look for a co-op game that can play up to 4, preferably 6. Or something light. Or some worker placement.

Burgle Bros is solid, cute, comes in a tiny box, and does 4-player co-op.
BigBeauford
Member
(10-12-2017, 07:19 PM)
BigBeauford's Avatar

Originally Posted by Snakethesniper

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.
Speaking of workers placement/strategy, since a user suggested me I'd like this genre, I see there's Agricola and Caverna, which is best? I like the idea of managing food,animals and stuff, and I'd like something I can play solo too

Agricola is the better game, but Caverna has less tension/stress and plays up to 7. However the cards make Agricola more replayable as opposed to the open information that Caverna represents.
EYEL1NER
Member
(10-12-2017, 08:08 PM)
EYEL1NER's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blizzard

Burgle Bros is solid, cute, comes in a tiny box, and does 4-player co-op.

Yep, it'd be between Santorini or Burgle Bros for me on that list, and if he needs a game that plays with four minimum, Burgle Bros is the easy choice.
KJ869
Member
(10-12-2017, 10:57 PM)
KJ869's Avatar

Originally Posted by shindoku21

Need to fill out an order for free shipping. Here's what
Santorini (heard the latest edition is missing the ocean board. I know it's not necessary....

Verygood for 2, 3 player is decent but its best at 2 players. Excellent little brainburner and the powercards really make the difference. Love it.
shindoku21
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:19 PM)
shindoku21's Avatar
Might just double dip on Santorini and Burgle Bros then, haha. Golden Fleece expansion worth it?

Edit: I didn't even check if they had burgle Bros in stock. Looks like its not available. Looking at miniature market and cool stuff Inc.
Blizzard
Banned
(10-12-2017, 11:20 PM)
Blizzard's Avatar

Originally Posted by KJ869

Verygood for 2, 3 player is decent but its best at 2 players. Excellent little brainburner and the powercards really make the difference. Love it.

Isn't the mass market (Target?) version missing the power cards? Or am I imagining things? I heard it removed some stuff.
BassForever
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:39 PM)
BassForever's Avatar
So how does one organize Legendary Marvel? Before I dive into dark city ir the 4 mini expansions I have I want to figure out how best to organize the base box :X
EYEL1NER
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:14 AM)
EYEL1NER's Avatar

Originally Posted by shindoku21

Might just double dip on Santorini and Burgle Bros then, haha. Golden Fleece expansion worth it?

Edit: I didn't even check if they had burgle Bros in stock. Looks like its not available. Looking at miniature market and cool stuff Inc.

I get that you wanted Burgle Bros for free shipping on an order you are looking at placing online but if it is something you do want soon in the future, it is available from the Fowers webstore: https://www.fowers.games/collections/direct-price
It isn't hard to find discount codes on BGG either, if you wanted to order with a slight percentage off.

Originally Posted by Blizzard

Isn't the mass market (Target?) version missing the power cards? Or am I imagining things? I heard it removed some stuff.

The Target version is missing the ocean board and does not contain the Golden Fleece expansion, which does have a bunch of god cards in it. The base game should still have the base set of god cards, I believe.

Originally Posted by BassForever

So how does one organize Legendary Marvel? Before I dive into dark city ir the 4 mini expansions I have I want to figure out how best to organize the base box :X

Are there no organizer cards in the box? I legitimately do not know if it comes with them or not; the copy I mentioned I got has dividers that separate all cards by hero and stuff, but I suppose they could have been homemade from a file on BGG or something?
BassForever
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:06 AM)
BassForever's Avatar

Originally Posted by EYEL1NER

I get that you wanted Burgle Bros for free shipping on an order you are looking at placing online but if it is something you do want soon in the future, it is available from the Fowers webstore: https://www.fowers.games/collections/direct-price
It isn't hard to find discount codes on BGG either, if you wanted to order with a slight percentage off.

The Target version is missing the ocean board and does not contain the Golden Fleece expansion, which does have a bunch of god cards in it. The base game should still have the base set of god cards, I believe.


Are there no organizer cards in the box? I legitimately do not know if it comes with them or not; the copy I mentioned I got has dividers that separate all cards by hero and stuff, but I suppose they could have been homemade from a file on BGG or something?

The game comes with 60 generic dividers which is no where near enough when I opened all my expansions.

What I currently did is

Base box: 95% of my heroes, my 5 starter decks, all schemes, wounds, and pedestrians.

Dark city box: 5% of my villains, all master minds, all henchmen, all villains.

I have villains, henchmen, and master minds all separated into unique dividers. I thought about putting masterminds together with their specific henchmen or villain but decided to keep them separate in case I want doom bots with magneto or something :P
Affeinvasion
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:19 AM)
Affeinvasion's Avatar

Originally Posted by BassForever

The game comes with 60 generic dividers which is no where near enough when I opened all my expansions.

What I currently did is

Base box: 95% of my heroes, my 5 starter decks, all schemes, wounds, and pedestrians.

Dark city box: 5% of my villains, all master minds, all henchmen, all villains.

I have villains, henchmen, and master minds all separated into unique dividers. I thought about putting masterminds together with their specific henchmen or villain but decided to keep them separate in case I want doom bots with magneto or something :P

I use the fan made dividers on BBG that I printed out onto card stock. They work really great especially since the heroes have their team and power icons on the cards.
joelseph
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:44 AM)
joelseph's Avatar
My dog is in MB

joelseph
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:45 AM)
joelseph's Avatar
I need to get me some of those Arkham Horror token holders..
BassForever
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:16 PM)
BassForever's Avatar

Originally Posted by Affeinvasion

I use the fan made dividers on BBG that I printed out onto card stock. They work really great especially since the heroes have their team and power icons on the cards.

Sounds like a plan I might do that today can you get good quality card stock at staples or should I go to like a crafts store?
RelentlessRolento
Member
(10-13-2017, 06:22 PM)
RelentlessRolento's Avatar
Is there any affordable way to get Death Angel? It's the one FF Warhammer game I want and because of the drop of the license it's near impossible for me to find for a decent price.
XShagrath
Member
(10-13-2017, 06:43 PM)
XShagrath's Avatar

Originally Posted by RelentlessRolento

Is there any affordable way to get Death Angel? It's the one FF Warhammer game I want and because of the drop of the license it's near impossible for me to find for a decent price.

What is an affordable price? I see quite a few completed listings on eBay that ended at around $30. I know that's like twice MSRP, but it is OOP, so that's to be expected.
BassForever
Member
(10-13-2017, 07:48 PM)
BassForever's Avatar
Played my first game of Legendary Marvel

Absolutely loved it

I like how its a deceptively simple game to play, and looking at some of the stronger master minds and schemes I realize how much this game can scale. I also enjoy how thematic it is, you really feel like you're playing a crossover event comic.

Thread Tools