• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Village

Due to the weekly shownen downfall thread I decided to check out boruto

Why is this man drawing an 11 year girl like that? Like actually wat

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Does anybody ever want to talk about the events in the manga or are just we going to cyclically discuss the Sarada outfit problem over and over again?

rrc1594

Let's talk about what's most important does Sarada get Chidori? Also does she get some new eye form? I'm just way more invested in her character then Boruto. You know what I like about Dragon Ball is we get too see the family grow. I mean why can't we Naruto become a grandfather like Goku. Does he need to die.

Fj0823

I mean if you're going to dress a pre pubescent girl like a slut one should be prepared for complaints about it.

I agree

I can´t think of a single Naruto fan I know happy with this change.

The author has to be confronted for his BS

And the anime guys commended for not doubling down and actually toning down that shit.

Her outfit works when you turn down the slutiness to 1 instead of 11

I agree

I can´t think of a single Naruto fan I know happy with this change.

The author has to be confronted for his BS

And the anime guys commended for not doubling down and actually toning down that shit.

Her outfit works when you turn down the slutiness to 1 instead of 11
Not to mention nothing in her personality in Boruto leads making her dress like that seem logical.

Fj0823

Not to mention nothing in her personality in Boruto leads making her dress like that seem logical.

Don't worry, Ikemoto is taking care of that pesky personality

d016.jpg

Amikami

Banned
Its unnecessary to use the word "slut" but I agree with the premise of the sentiment.i stop by in the thread occasionally but I can't convince myself to read the garbage nor do I want to. Really perverted sexualization.

Its unnecessary to use the word "slut" but I agree with the premise of the sentiment.i stop by in the thread occasionally but I can't convince myself to read the garbage nor do I want to. Really perverted sexualization.
The term might be a bit too strong, but Sarada should be wearing shorts.

Amikami

Banned
The term might be a bit too strong, but Sarada should be wearing shorts.

I agree with the ridiculousness of the sexualization and of course she should be wearing shorts! She's a ninja. Slut is not a little but a lot too strong. It's a pretty gendered slur so it's offensive. No "but" needed.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I guess the answer to my question is that no, very few people are interested in discussing the manga

I mean, yeah it's a problem, but what are you going to do about it by complaining in a compartmentalized thread on a mega-site for gaming?

I personally have been enjoying the manga, but not enough for it to merit its monthly status. I hope it manages to get to a point where it's as interesting as part I, since it has the potential for sure. The flash forward in the beginning was killer, and the anime only increased my hype for the story to actually get there. I have to wonder if they'll animate the Mitsuki short eventually, too.

Let's talk about what's most important does Sarada get Chidori? Also does she get some new eye form? I'm just way more invested in her character then Boruto. You know what I like about Dragon Ball is we get too see the family grow. I mean why can't we Naruto become a grandfather like Goku. Does he need to die.
Sarada is an excellent foil to Boruto, much like Sasuke was to Naruto before the Orochimaru stuff early in the series. I love the role reversal between generations, too. Sarada likely won't learn Chidori, I think - they seem to be making her more Sakura-like in her abilities (which is good, as Sakura had one amazing fight and then was sidelined) and Boruto the Sasuke-type.

Yado

I expect Sarada to have slightly altered ways of using her father's techniques. Would be great if she came up with her own stuff.

Sasuke teaching Sarada katon and chidori is just common sense. If we don't see that then I have no words.

Also having Naruto and Sasuke die, two most popular characters who we have followed for 15 years, to glorify an unpopular character like Boruto is perhaps one of the dumbest things I've heard.

Wouldn't put it past Ikemoto/Kodachi considering their writing talents (or lack of it).

SolVanderlyn

Does anybody ever want to talk about the events in the manga or are just we going to cyclically discuss the Sarada outfit problem over and over again?
I take back what I said, this chapter was objectively offensive. Read it and see what I mean.

Chapter itself was good otherwise though.

Really messed up villain though.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I take back what I said, this chapter was objectively offensive. Read it and see what I mean.

Chapter itself was good otherwise though.

Really messed up villain though.

Yeah, I usually don't care but everything about Sarada was disgusting this time around. Sigh.

Top Bottom