• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wolverine Trailer tweeted by Jackman

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one? IGN had this in their tweet.

C2ipgTCW8AA5vfT.jpg:large
Yeah, that's the newest(for now before the one I got is posted in a few days). Guess enough people said it looked too dark or grimy.

"A little girl with knives in her hands and a healing factor running around killing trained men is pretty unrealistic."

...well, yeah. It is.

It's a fuckin' X-Men movie.

Richard E Grant is (probably) not Mr Sinister.

He's also fairly irregular looking.
In Apocalypse the guy in the stinger was played by James Malloch but I'm unsure if we were supposed to think he's Essex or just someone who works for him. It sounds like the next X-Men movie after New Mutants is going to start a trilogy/duology for the Dark Phoenix Saga.

Looks great.

Though I feel that this movie should have been made a lot sooner. With Wolverine's history, a good movie centered around him basically writes itself. I liked The Wolverine, but it could have been better and that first one(besides the first sequence) didn't need to exist at all.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Wow. The first trailer left me a bit cold, but this was fantastic. This film is looking really good.

The opening scene in the supermarket instantly reminded me of this:

eleven-and-eggo-waffles-stranger-things-netflix-millie-bobby-brown.jpeg

"Hey! You have to pay for those!"

Also, interesting to see that X-Men comics apparently exist in-universe. I hope they'll managed to sneak in a joke at the expense of Wolverine's classic comic costume.

Logan: (Flicking Through Comic-Book) What the hell is this? What the hell am I wearing?
Girl: That was your costume!
Logan: (Bewildered) My costume?
Girl: Yeah, like...the outfit you wore when you were with the X-Men!
Logan: Yellow spandex? What's with the ears?
Girl: (Shrugs)

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
"A little girl with knives in her hands and a healing factor running around killing trained men is pretty unrealistic."

...well, yeah. It is.

It's a fuckin' X-Men movie.

I'm bothered by her age more than anything. Kids being violent killers is always dumb to me (other than Kick-Ass, which was a parody). Its why I've never liked Damian Wayne.

I know that The Last of Us takes some cues from a few different movies, but there is just no way that the game wasn't at least partly an inspiration for this movie, right?

Tangentially related, I love the vibe of this part in the trailer:

CloudWolf

The last two Wolverine films were trash, but I've got a good feeling about this one. Please don't let me be wrong about this.

Been a while since we had a kid killing dudes left and right in a movie.

Did anyone else think Laura was carrying that guy's severed head and not the handcuffs?

Because it still looks like she's carrying his severed head and then it cuts to handcuffs.
Yeah, I thought head too and wouldn't be surprised if the handcuffs are replaced with a CGI head when the movie comes out.

EDIT: Actually, yeah, it looks like she has a head under her arm, the camera cuts away and then back and she's only holding those cuffs.

On the budget, watching an interview with James Mangold he says they told the studio they weren't aiming to make a movie for everyone and got less money to work with. His head is in the right place.

Didn't Jackman also take a pay cut for the R rating?

SpaceWolf

Banned
Was I the only one who thought the little girl would take out a head from her backpack and throw in on the ground?

This is clearly what's going to happen in the film. She's blatantly carrying something like that before it's edited out in the next shot.

EDIT: Beaten like a dozen times, haha.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
The X-23 actress seems mediocre. Not a fan.

Couldn't disagree more. Child actors trying to look and act tough is not an easy thing to pull off but from what I've seen she's doing a hell of a job with it. I hope they let this girl continue playing X-23 in future movies and not recast the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom