• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi's Land Wii U Listing up on Future Shop

...Launch Wii U worldwide...then have a Nintendo Direct to all the Wii Us/3DS's and PC viewers.

Iwata smarts. Will there be a Nintendo Direct Miiverse?

This could be a big spring title. If this a is a good feel game it has been in development for 2 whole years. Yoshi's Land, Pikmin, Wonderful 101 would be an amazing early year lineup from Nintendo.
oh please have Yoshi Island's amazing visuals in HD

oh please

If Good Feel is making it, it will probably be the best looking platformer ever made. Whatever shortcoming Epic Yarn had the game looked incredible.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
If I were to guess, if all those listings were correct they'd probably port RE:R like they are doing for 360/PS3 and RE6 gold edition.

Yes I would bet on those 2.

The interesting one is Metal Gear. Revengeance makes a lot of sense.

Phazon

I'm skeptical that there's a description already because there's no way this is releasing anytime soon. I know Nintendo likes stealth releases, but if it was this far along they might as well of shown it at E3.. but I guess on the other hand it could be good announcing it right after Wii U released for hype.

Nintendo likes to announce stuff on Nintendo Direct instead of E3 nowadays, so why not :)

Randdalf

As much as I'd like it to be real, I'm calling it fake. For one, how do you the the existence of this game to the online retailer wasn't simply originated from the thread on this forum? There was a certain amount of doubt as to whether that debug listing was a genuine game or something Nintendo had added to show off Miiverse at E3.

As much as I'd like it to be real, I'm calling it fake. For one, how do you the the existence of this game to the online retailer wasn't simply originated from the thread on this forum? There was a certain amount of doubt as to whether that debug listing was a genuine game or something Nintendo had added to show off Miiverse at E3.

Since when do retailers put up games listing based on forum posts? It could be a mistake

yesyes, mmmmm YES, these are the sort of warm feelings I knew I would be feeling owning a WiiU and learning about upcoming releases. NintenHDo!!!!!!!!

regardless of truth, I feel the warmth

Hell! I'll even take a remake of the original game. I still can't believe it has been 6 years since the last one released.

I'm okay with a remake if it's in full 3D. I love my 2D games, but Nintendo has shown me they can't really innovate in that arena anymore. The only developer I'd trust with that is most likely working on a new Metroid. Give us a 3D Yoshi game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That's, like, barely even music.

I'm okay with a remake if it's in full 3D. I love my 2D games, but Nintendo has shown me they can't really innovate in that arena anymore. The only developer I'd trust with that is most likely working on a new Metroid. Give us a 3D Yoshi game.
Eh, Nintendo's only attempted two Yoshi's Island successors in almost twenty years. I'd like them to get it another go.

Tyeforce

Why do people still believe this is real?? It was confirmed to be just part of a mockup. If I'm not mistaken, weren't there other unannounced games along with the Yoshi title in the Miiverse mockup, too? Games that surely aren't real? It was clearly an early mockup because they were even using fake celebrity Miis, and the UI wasn't final (for example, "Mii too" was in place of the current "Yeah" option). It's obvious that that listing was never for a real game, just a mockup used by Nintendo, which was likely used for the early Miiverse screenshots (remember the Yoshi icon in the WaraWara Plaza?).

Meelow

Banned
Why do people still believe this is real?? It was confirmed to be just part of a mockup. If I'm not mistaken, weren't there other unannounced games along with the Yoshi title in the Miiverse mockup, too? Games that surely aren't real? It was clearly an early mockup because they were even using fake celebrity Miis, and the UI wasn't final (for example, "Mii too" was in place of the current "Yeah" option). It's obvious that that listing was never for a real game, just a mockup used by Nintendo, which was likely used for the early Miiverse screenshots (remember the Yoshi icon in the WaraWara Plaza?).

That's what Nintendo wants you to think lol.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

I'm not convinced.

Pharros

I guess those PR statements are made for people like you. They're not going to come out and say, "oops you accessed something no one was supposed to see, our bad." Of course they're going to try and cover it up, even if it is just a load of bull. Sure it could be a mockup, but you have to keep an open mind.

Hiltz

Even if this were real, you know Nintendo's going to crush our fanboy souls when they reveal the game's art style is the same as New SMB !

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Man, the final Bowser battle from Yoshi's Island could be totally cool with the Wii U gamepad/TV integration.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Even if this were real, you know Nintendo's going to crush our fanboy souls when they reveal the game's art style is the same as New SMB !

LOL I'd almost pay to see that just for the meltdown that would result.

But if this is real, I doubt anyone has to worry about NSMB visuals; that's its own brand.

Really, Good Feel + Yoshi's Island would result in a universe made of platinum coated justice.

Join Yoshi in 12 exciting dual-screen activities as everyone's favorite dinosaur plays minigames that utilize the power of the Wii U!

GAMERG0D

So let's see

When Miiverse was hacked had a listing of Yoshi's Land Wii U
VGA is going to have a surprise for "old school" gamers
Canada gets a smaller Wii
Canadian retail sites put up Yoshi's Land Wii U listings

I think this is legit.

ChaosXVI

I don't want to buy the hype...but its hard not to...So I'm giving up and drinking the kool-aid with everyone else in believing that this game is indeed real, and will be announced very soon...Back in 2011 when Project Cafe was first leaked, one of the first rumors to come along with it was a new Yoshi's Island game, being developed for Cafe...BY RETRO!

As we all know, Retro has inflated in size during the past year, perhaps enough they can now work on 2 projects at once. Not to mention that Retro's past job postings have been for stylized 2D artwork and there were comments by someone recently hired acknowledging that...The signs to me are pointing to Retro being behind Yoshi's Land, and the fact that it's Land and not Island U makes me feel that it could be a 3D platformer, something Retro has lots of indirect experience with. I could be wrong, it could be EAD Tokyo or Good-Feel, but Retro just...smells right.

chrono01

That's what Nintendo wants you to think lol.
*chrono01 equips his tin-foil hat*

True or not, I'm still excited. It's been far too long since a TRUE Yoshi's Island game, although I'm probably one of the few who enjoyed Yoshi's Story. It was pathetically easy, and was in no way a successor to the original Yoshi's Island, but I still had fun with it. I can still hear the theme song in my head...

But a Yoshi's Island game styled in the way of the original, with enchancement on its gameplay, HD visuals, and Miiverse implementation? YES PLEASE!

If anything the fact that Nintendo commented on this rumor gives it more likelihood that it's real. Nintendo 90% of the time only denies rumors with some truth to it.

Lijik

I guess Nintendos "a user stumbled onto a mockup we made!" pr was so utterly nonsensical some people figured it had to be real.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If the mockup was truly a mockup would Nintendo simply overlook it? Commenting on it seems to imply there is some truth to it, but what part is truthful remains to be seen.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
To be honest, I am more exciting for Nintendo Direct than I'm for Yoshi's Land. I am afraid that they would screwed up with Yoshi's Land.

Join Yoshi in 12 exciting dual-screen activities as everyone's favorite dinosaur plays minigames that utilize the power of the Wii U!

The sequel to the hit launch title Nintendoland! Pre-Order now and get Star Fox Land DLC free! Help Team Star Fox save the Lylat System in 3 brand-new minigames, complete with GamePad functionality and all-new voice acting(brought to you by 4Kids)!

Good-Feel(logo).png

Please.

I think there's a small chance we could see this at the December Direct, but I'm not getting my hopes up for new game announcements before the end of the launch window.

Also, free Ace

Top Bottom