• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

Yeah, I'm not worried about the 99 catchers as much as I was about the 3rd basemen with fielding better than 70 to get Brooks Robinson.

Although I do regret eating so many so I could max out my CAP...but with the way things are, I'll be able to keep my CAP in my rotation. Yippee.

Apparently they're giving out free packs everyday for a week starting tomorrow.

Of course they do this the week I go on vacation.

Are you sure you have to login from your PS4 to claim them? Maybe you can just grab them from TSN?

I think they show up in the time limited mission screen, so I think you have to log in ps4.

This Mauer looks to be a bit of a grind, but at least we don't have to manifest destiny it.

Whoa, my Chris Sale sold at 175k, and that was a "I'm not ready to sell you yet but if someone wants you at this price, take it" kind of price tag.....now I'm kind of worried I could have had more. Hmmmmm.

Got 300k at least now, and still haven't sold Kiner+other spare golds. No idea what to do with it lol

The Molina market went back up...to newer heights...wtf

And Chris Sale keeps rising...wtf

I thought I done played the market well. The market played me :(

oh yeah, that makes sense. i just realized everything spiked.

wait, so the prices for buying stubs got cut in half too? since challenge rewards and stuff like that don't give double, that seems kind of shitty. it means people who spend actual money on stubs are going to see an increased advantage.

How is it something funny?

People are buying double the stubs and the supply of diamonds on sale has gone down

Seager is also almost at 100k

okay now i'm thinking this was just a brilliant move to emphasize microtransactions while giving the other people reason to believe they're getting double of something. double stubs doesn't even mean anything when you realize that everything you spend stubs on is in the market, which means prices will just go up to reflect the new earn rates. and since you aren't getting double for challenge rewards, the gain you'll see on stubs in the first place is tiny compared to people who buy stubs with real money.

the support for this game is great, so i'm not even going to cpmplain. it seems pretty smart.

So uh

Wow

WTF happened to the market lol. This is crazier than I could have thought

There is literally no Mike Trout on the market. Someone has an order of 499,999 for him

I'm 4-1 in the new season. Havnt played in awhile though because all hell broke loose in my house. Pipe broke, flooded basement and took out the HVAC system. Living in a hotel right now.

@.@

Sorry to hear about that!

Wow.

I was going to get Mauer before diving into the season.

Yeah this is nuts, sold Kiner for 77 and he's going for 80 now.

So many prices are nuts. If I had held onto Molina and Sale a day or two longer I'd probably have made 20-30k more.

Well now I have 383k sitting around. I guess I'll just save it until a new set of guys come out because Brooks Robinson is pretty damn good and I'm mostly happy with what I got. And I'm not paying 300k for Luis Tiant.

Yeah this is nuts, sold Kiner for 77 and he's going for 80 now.

So many prices are nuts. If I had held onto Molina and Sale a day or two longer I'd probably have made 20-30k more.

Well now I have 383k sitting around. I guess I'll just save it until a new set of guys come out because Brooks Robinson is pretty damn good and I'm mostly happy with what I got. And I'm not paying 300k for Luis Tiant.

Why not, how much longer are you going to play?

Why not, how much longer are you going to play?

TBH as long as they keep seasons coming out, I'll probably keep playing just to hit WS

This was my list from last page of the 99s that I'm guessing they'll still release, players who might be sexy to go after:

Verlander
Jim Palmer
Bench
Seaver
Morgan
Schmidt
Scott
Rollins
Mauer
Lincecum
Donaldson
Kershaw
Trout
Beltran

We already know Seaver, Mauer, Schmidt are out/coming out. Still got hardware and postseason programs. My guess is:

Hardware: 1970 Johnny Bench, 1986 Mike Scott
Postseason: 1977 Reggie Jackson, 1989 Orel Hershiser

Passed out early. Just got up, decided to open my free pack since I go on vacation until Tuesday.

What a fucking great feeling it was to see that diamond border peeking out....except it was Britton lol

Free 30k!!!

Anybody want to do me a huge favor and log in for me on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, so I get my packs and login card while I'm gone? Lol

Passed out early. Just got up, decided to open my free pack since I go on vacation until Tuesday.

What a fucking great feeling it was to see that diamond border peeking out....except it was Britton lol

Free 30k!!!

Anybody want to do me a huge favor and log in for me on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, so I get my packs and login card while I'm gone? Lol

I would but I won't be reliable in my situation. I did get in some games and I'm now 6-1 and I'm at 812. Best start to a season yet.

I would but I won't be reliable in my situation. I did get in some games and I'm now 6-1 and I'm at 812. Best start to a season yet.
Nice!

I'm going to get Mauer in a hurry when I get back and then try to blast through RS.

I think Jonsson might have me taken care of Saturday/Sunday morning but not Tuesday/Monday. Either way it's no biggie any help is appreciated. Pulling a Britton in early morning tricked me into thinking I can get a Trout lol

These new packs....zzzzzz. Skipping out on these.

Is that part of a new mission? That's what I was doing before I left lol

Kind of want to open packs while I'm on a plane...might be really lit...

Is that part of a new mission? That's what I was doing before I left lol

Kind of want to open packs while I'm on a plane...might be really lit...

Yea, there is a Harper program and you need to collect 100 minor league stadiums, they were selling for 150ish stubs
Also need to collect 1st overall picks and prospects, several commons, bronzes and silvers going for 500+ stubs........

I bought a lot of packs and got nadda lol

And before you freak out that there is a Harper program, it's an 84 Harper which you need to unlock the 96 Moncada program

Rommel

Got Glasgow from the future stars packs. Working on a lot of programs at once, kind of hard lol. Just finished the Harper program.

Yep. This is officially the first event I give absolutely zero fucks about!

When I return tomorrow it's a grind for Mauer and then onto getting back to the WS.

If they put a limit on it, I would have bought packs. But at 15k a pack, shit too risky lol

Don't want to jinx it, but Bob Feller is my most untouchable pitcher? I can't explain
Yeah I jinxed it

was doing hot. 5-0. headed to 6-0 in my last game, up 5-1 in the 8th

until he scored 2 in the 8th...2 in the 9th...and then beat me in extras. FU Jansen and Rivero. Worthless.

fuck lol

Chapman to 90, moved to RP
Cano to 88 (downgrade from diamond to gold)
Knebel to 85 (gold)
Judge to 87 (downgrade)
Upton to 87 (gold)
Moustakas to 86 (gold)
Hosmer to 86 (gold)
Andrus to 86 (gold)
Kinsler to 86 (downgrade)
Crawford to 85 (downgrade)
Stroman to 84
Chris Taylor to 83
Bellinger still 83 (WTF)
Archie Bradley to 83
Cam Bedrosian to 83
Jay Bruce to 82
Howie Kendrick to 82

Yes! Got a bunch of Knebels, Andruses, and Hosmers.

anyways time to open some MOTHERFUCKING PACKS IN A PACK!!! my favorite shit in MLB

This is the latest into the season I've played, is this about the time most people bail to Madden? SDS needs to load up the ticket store, I have 39k

This is the latest into the season I've played, is this about the time most people bail to Madden? SDS needs to load up the ticket store, I have 39k

I'm guessing they'll start putting 12-0 and 12-1 rewards in the ticket store after real baseball is over....or the 2 special cards in each pack set. I think they already said no LS players will be in the store this year.

Oh shit, I got a 20 pack in one of them!

So that's like...35 packs in total.

Just pulled LS Mookie Betts from one of the Bases Loaded packs. Earlier this week, I pulled LS Carlos Correa from a standard pack.

Definitely Madden time.

And last night, I got my first 12-win Battle Royale (not undefeated, I lost game #3) and got 2006 HS 94 Ryan Howard.

Top Bottom