• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Launches Early 2018 (PS4)

Exentryk

Announced at E3.

Trailer: (Running on base PS4 as per developer Corey Barlog)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOE2BVRCUkM

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/god-of-war-ps4/

Boxart:
GlSvesM.jpg

Overview:
bscx3Tp.png

Lost Pages:
VoAbpxO.jpg

Screenshots:
god-of-war-screen-01-ps4-us-12jun17

god-of-war-screen-03-ps4-us-12jun17

god-of-war-screen-06-ps4-us-12jun17

god-of-war-screen-07-ps4-us-12jun17

god-of-war-screen-11-ps4-us-12jun17

Dre3001

Game looks amazing graphically but ehh. One of the biggest things that made God of War for me was tackling a setting rarely seen in video games (Greek Mythology).

Gonna have to wait for more previews before I write it off.

Loudninja

Game looks amazing graphically but ehh. One of the biggest things that made God of War for me was tackling a setting rarely seen in video games (Greek Mythology).

Gonna have to wait for more previews before I write it off.
We he so many games in that setting though.

might be my game of the show. so stoked. not sure yet if i love how bright the neon is or not yet. but its a great visual for sure

I'm guessing march release.

Pooya

The game looks ridiculous. The animation is outstanding, I wasn't expecting to give a shit about God of War, holy shit.

vivekTO

Amazing!! Hopefully its march and not longer than that. Really ggod stroy and gameplay trailer . lots of tease for bosses.

jph139

So, legitimate question here: is this what God of War fans were hoping for? I've never really played the series but I was surprised to see how big a departure it seemed. The hyper-macho tone and snappy beat-'em-up gameplay, with big cool setpieces, always seemed like the main appeal to me. And a more standard, third-person action game with a quiet father/son story looks like a HUGE departure.

Looks good and all, but not at all what I expected when I saw Kratos pop up.

Bishop89

The combat doesnt look as good as the other titles, and im worried about the spectacle of it not being there as much..

The boxart is pretty boring.

But still the highlight from the sony presser, loved it.

Asriel

Looks great visually. The combat though . . . sigh.

I'm all ready for a change in terms of story, tone and character. But why such a huge gameplay departure?

I can't udnerstand why GOW, Detroit and Spider-Man look so much better this year than when shwon last year. They look excatly like CGI from post-process and details. Those must be made from the groudn up on PS4 PRO.

That trailer was downright incredible. The highlight of the conference by a freaking mile. How the hell did a God of War game end up looking so good.

Top Bottom