• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Thread: Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo

That's just stupid. Wasn't Club Nintendo points good for at least 1 year?

Can't believe I'm already missing Club Nintendo. I just wanted a proper account, ffs, is that too much to ask.

Did people forget how shitty Club Nintendo was? You could NEVER get anything, and the moment you had enough points, it's too late to get what you wanted. It's shit.

My Nintendo? 6 months limit? That means within these 6 months it's possible to afford SOMETHING because you can get a lot of points per week. That's really different and people should think about that. You don't need to buy anything to get POINTS.

-shadow-

I don't get why Wario Ware Touched has to be a limited offer. Nintendo's weird when it comes to rewards like that. Four Swords Anniversary was also such a weird removal.

tebunker

Banned
Discounted games give you the FULL price credit for gold coins.

Example: I just bought Yoshi's Story. Normal price is $9.99, but since I'd bought it on Wii already, I only paid $2.00. I still got credit for paying $9.99 though because I have 10 gold coins now! Hurrah!
Uh oh, I have like 5 or 6 Nes/SNES upgrades available.... That's a solid amount of coins.

MLH

I hate how those discount rewards are advertised as "just for you", yet everyone in Europe gets the same. If they really were just for me then Nintendo would know I already own all of these game digitally. They might want to change that... or better yet make them tailored, I'm more likely to use them that way.

Kadin

Example: I just bought Yoshi's Story. Normal price is $9.99, but since I'd bought it on Wii already, I only paid $2.00. I still got credit for paying $9.99 though because I have 10 gold coins now! Hurrah!
I've got a handful of NES VC games that I haven't purchased which are only $1 because I have them on Wii, but since their normal price is $4.99, I still wouldn't get anything right? Looks like the lowest bracket starts at $5.

Griss

By the way, former Club Nintendo members get a free 200 Platinum Point code via email! Just got and used mine! :D

What region are you in? I was part of both US and UK Club Nintendo and haven't received anything like that.

And my UK account didn't receive the Miitomo prereg bonus either :(

tebunker

Banned
I hate how those discount rewards are advertised as "just for you", yet everyone in Europe gets the same. If they really were just for me then Nintendo would know I already own all of these game digitally. They might want to change that... or better yet make them tailored, I'm more likely to use them that way.

Pretty sure the just for you means it generates a code that only your NNID can use. Its not actually something tailored to you.

I got the email that said:

"And as a former member of Club Nintendo, you’ve qualified for bonus My Nintendo Platinum Points*."

Is there somewhere that I have to input the code? I went to the site but had trouble logging in due to an incorrect password that was saved in my browser. Once I'm logged in will the code apply automatically?

MLH

It's probably been said before but buying a digital code from a reseller will earn you gold points.

Did people forget how shitty Club Nintendo was? You could NEVER get anything, and the moment you had enough points, it's too late to get what you wanted. It's shit.

My Nintendo? 6 months limit? That means within these 6 months it's possible to afford SOMETHING because you can get a lot of points per week. That's really different and people should think about that. You don't need to buy anything to get POINTS.

I see you are from France. I am from the USA, and I thought Club Nintendo was great. I got a lot of good stuff from it. A t-shirt, a calendar, and a 3DS games case. I also got a few free downloadable games.

MyNintendo doesn't have physical rewards, and doesn't give you points from buying games or systems (at this point). It seems OK if you want to play Miitomo a lot and get Platinum points, which it seems what you are talking about - because Gold points are gotten only from buying games on the eShop.

I see you are from France. I am from the USA, and I thought Club Nintendo was great. I got a lot of good stuff from it. A t-shirt, a calendar, and a 3DS games case. I also got a few free downloadable games.

MyNintendo doesn't have physical rewards, and doesn't give you points from buying games or systems (at this point). It seems OK if you want to play Miitomo a lot and get Platinum points, which it seems what you are talking about - because Gold points are gotten only from buying games on the eShop.

I'm pretty much digital only on 3DS and Wii U, so it's great for me and everyone else who's the same. The best part is that it's available in more countries than CN was. Club Nintendo was completely pointless for us in Scandinavia for example.

Speak for yourself, I managed to get quite a lot of stuff that I wanted from CN. To me the 6 month limit is worse than what they had before.

What region are you in? I was part of both US and UK Club Nintendo and haven't received anything like that.

And my UK account didn't receive the Miitomo prereg bonus either :(

NA. Hope you get the email also!

Also, I got enough to grab WarioWare Touched! Here's the icon from the code redemption site:

WarioWare%2BTouched%2521%2BIcon.jpg

https://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem#/

The link above lets you redeem codes when logged into your NNID. :)

TheMoon

I get that, but do they have to remove this game with that. Giving people some more options wouldn't hurt them.

Who says it won't come back :) #stayfresh

edit: while I added the #stayfresh bit as a joke, it actually is quite fitting. all this does it it keeps you checking and coming back. see a discount. discount makes you spend money. see activities, get active, do stuff, buy stuff, tell others about stuff so they might end up buying stuff. engagement. #content #hashtag

PetrCobra

So lately I've been holding off from buying eShop stuff because I heard about the thing where you collect coins for the purchases. I've waited for My Nintendo to launch because of that. Now it did, and I started catching up, bought Zelda TP, Pokken and some discounted games. Problem is, now I can't buy any more. Virtue's Last Reward discount offer ends today but when I'm trying to buy it I just get an error message about having reached the maximum balance. Well, my balance is 0 and the game is 9.99, so that's clearly not true. According to the Internets I need to wait 24 hours, by then the offer will have ended. Strange error. I should have waited with the bigger purchases it seems.

Korosenai

So when making a my nintendo, should I make a new one, or base it off my wii u, or base it off my 3ds? Really confused because it lets me make a new account or log in using my nintendo id.

Velcro Fly

Yeah I got one of those codes for 200 coins. I'm up to 440 right now so I guess I could buy those themes if i wanted to. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with the 90 platinum coins per week I can get just by remembering to log in to Miiverse, the eShop, and MyNintendo.

So when making a my nintendo, should I make a new one, or base it off my wii u, or base it off my 3ds? Really confused because it lets me make a new account or log in using my nintendo id.

Aren't you using the same NNID on your 3DS and Wii U? I hope you are, and that's what you should log in with when you create a new account.

MK_768

Because there is no new physical release out today. And this thing just launched.

And they aren't. Chill.

Yeah I would say once NX comes they'll do it. Makes no sense to do it right away except for new releases like Star Fox, but I think they just want to have this as an extra goodie to announce alongside the NX.

Tomita

Can't play Mitomo, so it'll take forever to earn up points. And then expiring in six months is bullshit. :/ This should be better than Nintendo Club, not worse. (Didn't they previously take a year to expire?)

FYI: WarioWare Touched reward expires on July 1st. From now till July 1st you can get 780 Platinum points just from weekly check-ins on Miiverse and the eShop (60 x 13 weeks)

so the 220 more would have to be from daily Miitomo activities

Wow...that's just great. Wanted that one the most. Uuuuugh!

Maybe I can borrow my Mom's tablet when I go back home for break? ):

And I still haven't gotten the Club Nintendo email...sigh. I came to this with an open mind but I'm really freaking disappointed right now.

Skrams

Haven't gotten any email about preregistration. I would like those 200 extra coins.

All of this worked beautifully when doing it from my phone in bed though. It was pretty fucking magical how well it worked.

FYI: WarioWare Touched reward expires on July 1st. From now till July 1st you can get 780 Platinum points just from weekly check-ins on Miiverse and the eShop (60 x 13 weeks)

so the 220 more would have to be from daily Miitomo activities

I plan on doing a bunch of miitomo for the coins, but I assume I'm better off shooting for WarioWare Touched first instead of something like Picross since Picross last longer? I'm actually kind of bummed because I'd like to try and get most of the prizes on here if I can. The themes are cool since they have their own music, but I'll probably leave those for last considering they're likely to come back probably.

Time to cheat the system super hard with rebuying a bunch of games I haven't rebought yet.

Well some people are gonna make a fortune of Gold Coins on those Atlus sales. :D

Anywayz: I have nothing to run Miitomo, really wish they also made 3DS/WiiU version. Oh well. I guess 60 coins a week for logging in to eShop/Miiverse will have to do.

I agree...My iPhone won't install new apps right now, so I can't use it. It's weird that they are tying such a lot of coins to a non-Nintendo device.

KingBroly

Banned
The website currently has 2 easter eggs which give you Coins

1 - Click the Coin laying on the ground for 30

2 - Click the Block at the bottom right-hand corner of the page, which gives you a mini-game, which will give you 10

No idea if these are Daily or 1 time only.

Dr. Worm

Banned
The website currently has 2 easter eggs which give you Coins

1 - Click the Coin laying on the ground for 30

2 - Click the Block at the bottom right-hand corner of the page, which gives you a mini-game, which will give you 10

No idea if these are Daily or 1 time only.

#1 is weekly. No clue about #2.

Do I need to get the coin box? I.e. the first reward available?

Yes.

Top Bottom