• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo switch UK price £279.99

SuperSah

Banned
Well we don't know initial stock levels and Game will get the most stock of any retailer. I know there were reports of low stock, but it seems the "insiders" got a lot wrong.

I see. Do you reckon Amazon will cut off orders when the limit is met or just let them all roll in?

BahamutPT

If it's really 329€ I'l probably just wait until El Corte Inglés here in Portugal has its usual deal of 50% store credit with every toy and/or videogame purchase.

krae_man

what? i'm saying that sony didn't bother adjusting their exchange rate while other companies (like apple) did.

the ps4 pro launched 3 years after the og ps4 at the same price in both the us and the uk. they obviously disregarded the tanking pound. it's just a shame nintendo didn't do the same.

When the PS4 launched on Nov 29th 2013, 1 pound was worth 1.64US

350-20%VATx1.64=$478US

You're arguing like the launch price was an exact exchange rate swap when it wasn't.

Sony was able to keep the Pro price the same in the UK despite the pound tanking because they ripped you off to start with.

You guys seriously need to do some better math before you complain.

Robin64

I'll preorder on Amazon, I guess, then when I get some time to think about it a more I can decide to cancel or not. Better that than missing a slot.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow. Amazon UK sold fast.

I feel bad for ordering one now since I'm still on the fence and just put in the order as a just in case measure.

Semajer

Got a preorder in from Shopto and Amazon. I'll see if the Official UK Store has any bonuses when that goes up, but hopefully I should have mine set for launch.

mrbaba

I got the link to pre order by searching and then going through the "used and new" link on the search page.
It doesn't show on the actual page for me...

javac

Got my order in. Was hoping for a similar situation to the Wii U Deluxe Pre-orders where it went to £199 for a brief second but I'm fine with the price.

Top Bottom