• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes II |OT| Alas, Thou Art getting a Switch Port Hero

Cornbread78

1hggcke.png

General Info:
Release date(s):
NA: 4/25
EU: 4/28
Publisher: Square Enix
Series: Dragon Quest
Platforms: PS4, PC
- Switch (TBD)
Developers: Koei Tecmo, Omega Force
Genres: Action role-playing game, Hack and slash (Open World)

Pre-Order Bonus/Box Art:
pi1SFaD.jpg

Steam Store Link

PC System Requirements:

Minimum:
Processor: Core i7 870 2.8GHz or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 or AMD Radeon HD 5770
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 30 GB available space

Recommended:
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or AMD Radeon HD 7870
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 30 GB available space

Features:
(Dragon Quest Heroes II Explorer's Edition contains 15 downloadable bonus weapons)*
•Save Data Import Bonuses:
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below – Luceus and Aurora costumes.
Dragon Quest Builders – “Builders’ Mallet” weapon.
•Co-Op Multiplayer (Up to Four Players)
- You can cooperatively play “Story Battles” with friends.
- There is a multiplayer exclusive dungeon called the “Space-Time Labyrinth.”
- no local/couch co-op
•Game flow consists of town, field, and battle stages.
•There are various terrains, including grasslands, forests, deserts, and snow fields. When you enter the field, you’ll move towards a destination.
•The concept of weather exists. Enemies may change based on the weather, and magic may be more or less powerful.
•There are field quests that can suddenly occur.
•Able to find Items and Resources on the maps
•Monster Coins return and this time have 3 categories.
- Transform - Transform into a monster and gain their abilities.
- Support - Summons a monster to fight alongside you in battle.
- Assist - Summons a monster who performs a specific ability which harms enemies or assists the player.
• Change classes to create your own hero!
- The protagonists, different from the other heroes, have a special ability. They can both change their class and the types of weapons they use. Each class has attribute values and learnable skills, as well as different weapons that can be equipped and significant differences in how they fight. You can be a powerful, sword-wielding Warrior; or you can be a Priest who heals their allies; create your own kind of hero.
•Use weapons to increase your Proficiency and awaken new powers!
- By damaging the enemy, the “Proficiency” of your equipped weapon class will increase. When Proficiency increases, different from the Skill Points you acquire, you can learn the magic, skills, and special effects available when a weapon of that class is equipped.
•Change classes to create your own hero!
- The protagonists, different from the other heroes, have a special ability. They can both change their class and the types of weapons they use. Each class has attribute values and learnable skills, as well as different weapons that can be equipped and significant differences in how they fight. You can be a powerful, sword-wielding Warrior; or you can be a Priest who heals their allies; create your own kind of hero.
•“Advanced classes” that let you obtain even greater power and learn various skills.
- In order to change to an advanced class, you must first gain experience in the basic classes. If you gain experience as a Warrior or Fighter, you’ll be able to change to the “Battle Master” class. Or if you gain experience as a Priest or Mage, you’ll be able to change to the “Sage” class. However, in order to change to an advanced class, you must first complete the quest handed out by the priest at the class change office.
•Giant Monster vs. Giant Monster fights.

*pre-order required

Story
After a 1000 years of peace, the Seven Realms suddenly fall into conflict as if guided by a mysterious and malicious force. Now, you must lead a band of powerful heroes in a quest to defeat evil and save the war-torn world.

Characters:
CVDBach.png

Original Characters
Razel, Tereshia, Cesare, Orneze

New Dragon Quest Characters
Meena, Torneko, Carver, Gabo, Maribel, Angelo

Returning Dragon Quest Characters
Alena, Kiryl, Maya, Terry, Jessica

Screenshots (PS4):

Official Media:
Overview Trailer
Gameplay Preview
Opening Movie (JPN)
1st Trailer (JPN)
2nd Trailer(JPN)

Meet the Hereos Videos:
Lazarel, Teresa and Healix
https://youtu.be/Jc4WM61QLPY

Desdemona and Cesar
https://youtu.be/heZ_3Xl9Ih8

Maribel and Ruff
https://youtu.be/sGm2XK0l4TM

Terry and Carver
https://youtu.be/SgVpqTX1gyk

Meena and May
https://youtu.be/Y6ol22lVD60

Angelo and Jessica
https://youtu.be/aYRqZMWEWfE

Torneko, Kiryl and Alena
https://youtu.be/p8PgOdH5Z9s

Other Videos:
DF- Switch vs. PS4

Trophy List <*Spoilers*>
PlaystationTrophies.org

Reviews:
Metacritic Reviews

Other Related Threads:
Import OT
NA Demo Thread

Nintendo Switch Port Q & A
0x2xNxW.jpg

Switch I & II Trailer

Q: Is it coming to Switch in NA?
A: YES

Q: When is it coming to NA?
A:THERE IS NO ANNOUNCED RELEASE DATE YET

Q:What will be different about the Switch Version
A: Outside of performance, the Switch version will have both DQH I & II included (more info coming in the future as it is announced)

86Bzp5r.jpg

Thanks Parakeetman for letting me steal a lot of your hard work from the Import OT to put this together on the fly! This OT is for the community to share and since nobody signed up to make, yet another, OT, if anything above needs to be updated/changed/ added/removed let me know and I will fix what I can.

Linkura

Thanks for the great OT. Just finished Persona 5 yesterday, so I'm ready to dive in tomorrow. My husband played the import- it's good.

alemmon

I am so excited to play this. I loved the first one and it was a fun platinum. Cant wait to take the dive for this one!..... After Persona 5 is done of course.

alf717

Well that is cool to see this coming to NA on the Switch. Wonder if the "T" will remain a sword. =P Thanks for the info on this OP.

kromeo

Going to wait a few weeks until the usual problems with the PC version get sorted, but looking forward to this

Lren

Was about ready to import this just before the announcement of the US release. Glad I waited, haha. Got my psn preorder all sorted out last night, preloaded and ready!

I'm hoping the quest system is a bit improved this time. I also like that they have the weapon proficiency mechanic now. I never finished the first one because it became such a grind that I literally didn't have time to continue.

Chase17

Had a lot of fun with the first game (though it got a bit tedious towards the end). I'll be picking this up at some point.

JohnTonne

I loved the first one and would have been all over this except my man Ragnar is going to be in the Switch version, unless they announce him as DLC for the PS4 version I can wait.

My wild hope is that the us version is being delayed for a big switch performance patch and improved version for na.. but its probably just being cancelled at this point.

Effect

If and when the Switch version gets released outside of Japan I hope they put up new footage from the retail game and not footage from the demo. From what I understand performance of the retail game is not the same as the demo performance. The retail game is suppose to run better. The only footage we have is of the demo footage (frame rate issues) and the live stream before launch (which runs better).

Arkeband

Banned
I'm probably skipping pre-ordering this - thinking there might be physical first shipment Explorer Editions on shelves for a while after launch though.

The weapons they gave for DQH1 were only useful for a minute, after that if you re-equipped them for fun, you were severely gimping your damage. The SQEX store Erdrick costumes were a better incentive.

Oh, lawdy, this is tomorrow?!

I fell in love with DQH last year when I played it and I could see myself getting just as lost in the sequel... but I've no time for it in my life right now. /sobs

Ridley327

Is it still full on Musou? I heard that it's abit more like a standard ARPG now with towns and world map and what not.

Yeah, this is more of an actual ARPG than the first one was.

So the Switch port is definitely coming to the West?

Gamestop has yet to take down its listing for it, and lists Nintendo as the publisher, to no one's surprise. The question is when, since I imagine that Nintendo doesn't want to overload on Musou this year with Fire Emblem Warriors being set for the fall.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Original story? I never did finish the first game and have been meaning to revisit it ahead of this game. Just not sure if there are any hooks or if this is kind of a separate thing.

jonno394

Yeah, this is more of an actual ARPG than the first one was.

Gamestop has yet to take down its listing for it, and lists Nintendo as the publisher, to no one's surprise. The question is when, since I imagine that Nintendo doesn't want to overload on Musou this year with Fire Emblem Warriors being set for the fall.

Ah ok, so not "confirmed", but most likely happening.

Einhandr

I heard the coop is like Nioh, where the other player has to have beaten the mission in order for them to play with you. Can anyone confirm? If so, that's seriously disappointing.

Shahed

What's it like compared to the first? Because I wasn't a fan of that at all. Once the initial Dragon quest charm wore off, I found it boring, tiresome, repetitive and uninspired.

Ridley327

Nintendo should do the decent thing and publish DQXI on the PS4 for us :p

You know things are bad when Nintendo would be a better publisher for a PS4 game than Squenix would be.

But yeah, the continued lack of a western announcement for XI is as hilarious as it is aggravating.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This series could really benefit from letting me make my own character instead of the completely forgettable "DQH Protagonists"

BigEmil

Note that the preorder items become useless and redundant very quickly, I'll be picking this up in a sale or something

Cornbread78

What's it like compared to the first? Because I wasn't a fan of that at all. Once the initial Dragon quest charm wore off, I found it boring, tiresome, repetitive and uninspired.

From the Import thread it sounds like it's much more like a traditional ARPG rather than a straight musou...

Bog

Junior Ace
I bought two copies to play online at home on our two PS4s. Please tell me the co-op is worth it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I pre-ordered this (on PS4) the day it was announced. I loved the first one, and I'm really looking forward to diving into this game.

Raw64life

Just getting the PS4 version as I already played through 1 and it's clearly the better version of 2.

I hope it sells on Switch though. Maybe some advertising perhaps? I know I'm asking for too much from S-E.

Top Bottom