• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 4S |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRidge52 said:
Oh yeah! As of 1:36am my iPhone is in Baltimore, MD!
You know what? Maybe that's not such a good thing....
This dude has your phone.
larrygillardjr-425x265.jpg

3N16MA

Banned
Not sure if this was already posted but this is what ifixit got before they did their 4S teardown.

iFixit: "Siri, may we disassemble you for all to see?"

iPhone 4S (Siri): "42"

iFixit: "I didn't ask for the meaning of life, Siri..."

iPhone 4S (Siri): "42 is the number of seconds you have left until I initiate the self-destruct sequence..."

I'd file that one under common sense since having your phone announce it's going to self-destruct, even in jest, is the kind of thing that would get Apple sued by some idiot.

3N16MA

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
I'd file that one under common sense since having your phone announce it's going to self-destruct, even in jest, is the kind of thing that would get Apple sued by some idiot.

True. I can see someone throwing it out their window. I will chalk it up to a brain fart on my end.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
So what are the most graphically impressive games on iPhone today? I really want to test out the power of the A5 processor.

Infinity Blade, of course..... and?

Blackhead

Redarse
AlphaTwo00 said:
I'm ok for now. Got an umbrella. Posting on the MBP in the rain is difficult. I find breaks in the whether to do so.

The line is now 150+. Line has mostly self organized, the only issue right now seems to be the lack of washroom close by.

As for the whole 3G->4S discussion, yup, that's me. Keeping the 3G for dev purposes though.

Looking at this line, 90%+ are definitely scalping. I swear I'm the only sucker buying just one.
Do you think they'll sell out from just the guys in line? How big is that store?

QualityPixel said:
Wait, Woz said he has been using Siri for a year?! That means he must have an iPhone 5 prototype! GET HIM!

Lol
Haha. Maybe he just meant the Siri app that was previously available

Greyface said:
Do you think they'll sell out from just the guys in line? How big is that store?

Haha. Maybe he just meant the Siri app that was previously available
No idea. I briefly saw the indoor queue, and it should fit everyone here now. However, if everyone gets two, who knows.

It's not the main downtown store, but it's a decent size.

Fjordson

One of the coolest things to happen to me in a long time:

Have my iPhone coming tomorrow from Apple, but I know some people waiting in line at a local Apple store. Went to check in with them for a little, and as I'm walking up I see they're a ways behind bloody Steve Wozniak! First in line, chilling on his iPad. Got to shake his hand and a friend snapped a photo. What an incredibly nice guy. Saw a lot people come up to him while I was there, but he was totally happy to interact with everyone who approached him.

He's at the store here in Los Gatos, California. So wild.

Edit: Oops, beaten badly. Awesome video, haha.

My phone is in Kentucky now.

Arrived there 3 hours ago. Estimated arrival of Monday is gone now :eek:

Hoping for a miracle arrival tomorrow!

Kentucky is only a 10 hour drive from toronto! 1 hour flight!

COME ON!!

criesofthepast said:
My phone is in Kentucky now.

Arrived there 3 hours ago. Estimated arrival of Monday is gone now :eek:

Hoping for a miracle arrival tomorrow!

Kentucky is only a 10 hour drive from toronto! 1 hour flight!

COME ON!!
It may be raining and cold outside, but I'll beat you to it.

border

Raide said:
Anyone else crazy and still holding on to a 1st GEN Iphone? :D

Maybe just me. :p
My girlfriend would still have my iPhone 2G if she hadn't left it in a bathroom a couple months ago.

I honestly feel like it felt way more solid and sturdy and reliable than the 3G or 3GS. The heaviness and aluminum back had a lot to do with that. I have no empirical or experimental data to back me up, but I'd be a lot more confident about dropping a 2G model on the ground than I would any of the later ones. I liked my 2G a lot, but it's crazy to think that people once paid $600 MSRP for it (INCLUDING A 2 YEAR CONTRACT!).

After jailbreak and unlocking, I still think the 2G ran just as well as the 3G. It's not fun going without GPS and 3G data, but since I always had it on T-Mobile I couldn't get 3G and the location services on the 2G model were "good enough" if you just wanted to map a route or something.

sfedai0

Banned
I really only care about this Siri biz. If it really is hands off as it seems to be, this could be my second apple product ever....after my first gen Ipod touch.

BLagiver

Banned
criesofthepast said:
Watch your back leaving the parking lot this morning.

510999861_f7b233bd4a_o.gif

Hahaha so true snatch and grab. I can see people just ripping bags out of peoples hands and running. I remember some guys finger got ripped off when someone stole his iPad or something.

Blackhead

Redarse
200th in line. A small consolation is I don't have to wait until 5 pm as made us do at ipad 2. Still undecided on applecare+. Punking out on the bookbook case though

Xater

Apple website tells me my iPhone should arrive today, but when I put in the UPS tracking number on the UPS website it say Monday. I don't like this at all...

Even worse, I know where the phone is and could pick it up myself in just 20 minutes...

Shearie

My 4S will be here sometime today since it already departed from Phoenix which is pretty close to me. About time too since I've been iThing deprived since I sold my iPod Touch last week and I need my music when I drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom