• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaffers with children do you give them nonsensical nicknames?

Right now my two year old son and four month old daughter are Bubba Chunk and Baby Chunk. They are both in the 90+ percentile for height and 80-90 for weight lol

Clearos

I call my 2 year old chunk for no reason at all. We also call him dumbass when he trips on something. (Don't worry I'm dad of the year 2 years running )

Media

Yeeep. My 14 year now hates his Ashy nickname and I'm afraid to call him Ashybear lol. My middle son is Liam, and I still call him LeeLum. My daughter is Serenity and she gets Nitty, Nittybear, Sissy, Skittles, and Niblet lol
I call my 2 year old chunk for no reason at all. We also call him dumbass when he trips on something. (Don't worry I'm dad of the year 2 years running )

Where I grew up (New Mexico) nearly every ninos nickname is Gordo, which means fat lol

Helznicht

Daughter is Pooky (bear)
308353-39796-pooky.PNG

Son: Buster (brown)
Buster_Brown_and_Tige.jpg

Beth Cyra

Sure do.

My 5 year old Layla goes by Piglets or Pig-O-Latte.

8 Year old Chikane is known as Chi Chi or NiNi.

12 year old Cloud is know as Dudder/Dudder Bear/Little Penguin.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Oldest son is Danbo, youngest son is Sambo, youngest daughter is Nana Goose. Love that nickname, adore it. She'll probably hate it so I'll enjoy it while I can, she's two.

I call my baby boy Dribbles because he liked the noise of basketball when it was on the TV and he drools a lot. He's also The Muffin Man since he's kinda chunky and he likes when we sing that nursery rhyme.

3 year old i call cool dr money from the famed Nickelodeon show my brother and me . 1 year old i call easy e, cause he has a jerri curl and the first two letters of his name are e and z.

Taramoor

You can't really help it. There's a weird intimacy there that calling them by the same name everyone else will just doesn't seem to match.

There are probably ten or twelve different things that we call our 3 year-old daughter that nobody else is allowed to or knows about and each of the triplets are gradually accumulating nicknames as their personalities form.

Patrick S.

Banned
My son's nickname is Schnippi, which is a diminutive based on our surname.

When I'm making fun of him, I call him mono (monkey) or Mowgli.

I have 27 month old twin girls and I nicknamed them Pumpkin and Peanut. Because one has a tiny head and the other has a huge head. My wife doesn't like it.

Top Bottom