• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MoviePass (Unlimited Films in Theaters) Drops to $9.95 a Month

Exis

I'm in D.C., anybody know of theaters in the area accepting it? Hesitant to use this without knowing which theaters offer. DC is a heavy reserved seating place.

I am in VA and use in DC a couple of time, best I can tell they have all the theaters.

kaskade

Hopefully they don't get back up sending the cards out now lol.

I wanted to see Dunkirk this week but I might as well hold off this point. Thankfully they are still showing it.

Linkura

AMC Assembly Row 12
AMC Loews Boston Common 19
AMC Burlington 10
AMC Loews Liberty Tree Mall 20
Thanks!!! Doesn't have the theater most convenient to me, unfortunately. If they had that one, I'd likely bite even though I don't really go to the theater anymore.

I'd review TOS very carefully... "other revenue streams" from the improved userbase sounds like it could be shady as fuck.

I already give all my personal data to google for nothing. I'm okay with these people tracking my movie going habits and selling it to studios for $10 a month of unlimited movies.

I'd appreciate if somebody could please do 32311

Theres only one good theater in town (AMC) and if it isnt on the list I wont waste my time.

Thank you in advance

Rvaan

Banned
If someone could do 11756. Just need to know if the Broadway Mall one is listed.

Also, since you can't book ahead of time, do you still get to pick your seats? All the theaters by me are reserved seating only.
The mall one is listed. No clue on the reserved seating thing.

Oh shit!

I just need to know if zip code 19505 has theatres?
Carmike 12 Stowe
Strand Theatre - Kutztown
AMC Tilghman Square 8
Fox East Theatre
Providence Town Center

I went ahead and signed up. All of the theaters near me accept the card, so it was almost a no brainer. Now, whether or not this ends up lasting/working.....we shall see.

Toothless

I think my post got lost, but can somebody check zipcode 49417 for me? 15 mile range is fine

Goodrcih Grand Haven 9
Cinema Carousel
AMC Star Holland 8
New Plaza 1+2
Knickerbocker Theatre

Sorry for the request again but can anyone check zip code 07803 in like a 15 mile range? Thanks.

Cinepolis Succasunna Cinema 10
AMC Rockaway 16
AMC Headquarters 10
Sparta Theatre
Bow Tie Cinemas Bernardsville Cinema 3
Cinepolis Parsippany Cinema 12
Robert Chatham Cinema
Bow Tie Cinemas Madison Cinema 4
AMC Loews East Hanover 12
Newton Tehatre
Cinepolis Mansfield Cinema 14
Kinnelon Cinemas
Bow Tie Cinemas Kinnelon 11

I would appreciate if someone checked 60431. Thanks.

Cinemark Louis Joliet Mall
Cinemark Movies 10 Joliet
AMC Showplace New Lenox 14

Ok, looks like the only theatres that show up right when I sign up allow for etickets?

It says get a moviepass card to show more theaters, so maybe when that comes in I could see more?

Yeah, in my hometown, only one theater does eTickets, but there's like four or five it works at. Be sure you don't fuck up on the eTicket purchase though, unlike the other theaters, they're not refundable.

Horizon Cinemas Fallston
Flagship Cinemas 7 Churchville
Regal Bel Air Cinema Stadium 14

Thanks Toothless!

If I can get my younger brother to sign up for this, I'll sign up as well. We usually go to at least one movie together a month and tickets here cost $12 a person now for new movies. So it's a no brainer.

$19.99 would have been a perfect price. Hell, even $24.99.

The hot movies buy themselves have gone between $12-$15 for a regular ticket. I might get one.

On break at work, but this has me interested. I really would've loved to see Baby Driver multiple times. Could anyone check area code 80919?

Roody

Neo Member
Would anyone be able to check 17601 for me? I'd probably sign up today if either the Penn Cinema or Regal near me took part in this. Thanks in advance!

gwarm01

I had this back in 2013 and it was kind of a scam. On top of the large cancellation fee and the app that barely worked, they would charge you the difference if you used more tickets than your monthly fee would cover.

BTA

If it works for the theater 3 minutes from my apartment (and I'm guessing it will), I'm probably in. Was already considering it after hearing about it on the Beastcast, and it being immediately worth it for a single movie makes it much easier to justify.

There's a ton within 5 miles. You can ask for a specific theater if you want but yeah it works a lot of places

It's a bit of a stretch, but does it work for a CGV Cinemas?

It's the only theater that would be in walking distance of my apartment. Everywhere else would force me to drive and give up my parking spot.

Z3M0G

What dark deeds are you concerned about here? Completely serious question, not trying to sound condescending.

Depends what personal info they collect through registration, I guess.

Maybe it is actually illegal to do certain things with personal info... unless all they need to do is state their intentions in TOS.

I don't usually dig into these matters... I could just be talking out of my ass... I just found that "other revenue streams" part a big of a chin-scratcher. And this deal sounds WAY too good to be true... that's the price of a single 2D movie ticket in most places.

meow

I don't see an iPic. Does it have a different name? It does work in a ton of Manhattan theaters tho.
Thank you, much appreciated! It probably isn't included, that's one of those super fancy theaters...tickets are like $25+ or something.

Nope, still all the same theaters in NYC are available. Like I said before, they are likely trying to incur a surge in their user base so they can sell this data to Hollywood for millions.
Yeah, I read the article, their chat is not responsive and they nuked their website. Thank you as always DP. Insane not to do this. One ticket in NYC is $16 and if I can hit up the Angelika and IFC Center in addition to almost any AMC?!

Just when I thought I was out... they pulled me back in.

Geist-

Signed up, even if there's a catch 9.95 isn't enough to make me worry. I hope the deal lasts for a while, it would be great if I could get some friends and family to sign up.

BTA

Oh, hmm. They just dumped me a list in the chat but they didn't make new lines so it's hard to parse.

I... don't think the theater by my apartment is there despite it being the same chain as several other eligible theaters? Shit.

Dante316

Just went on their mobile site. It showed me what theaters are accepted. They did have option to put zip code and check. Not sure if it functions well.

Top Bottom