• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lionhead Hiring For Next-Gen, Lists Some Graphics Tech They Want To Use

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
While we're on the topic of job postings, why don't we check out the people who absolutely, positively know what's up.

The most notable things are in bold.

Lionhead said:
Lead Programmer, Engine Job
Apply now »

Date: Feb 2, 2012

Job Category: Software Engineering: Development
Job ID: 784173-73765
Division: Interactive Entertainment Business

Sakary: competitive

Closing date: 2nd March 2012

Role Purpose

Lionhead Studios is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Lead Engine Programmer to be a key contributor on an unannounced title. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about games (and game development) and has significant experience leading teams designing and implementing modern rendering engines (DX11). The role will initially focus on working with the Art department and the Technical Director in order to define the rendering requirements for the game and helping to build and nurture an engine team to implement them in the context of an existing codebase. It will then focus on ensuring performance and rendering quality requirements are met.

Team/Department Mission

Are you a highly talented individual who enjoys a challenge and is brimming with drive and enthusiasm? Do you feel your skills and talents are waiting to find the right creative environment in which to thrive?

At Lionhead we strive to create successful, landmark games and to be one of the world’s most respected developers. To that end we are continually looking for bright, talented individuals to join our team. We are well aware that new employees and fresh ideas keep us the dynamic and creative Studio that we are!

Key Accountabilities:

-Work with the Art department and the Technical Director to establish rendering ambition

-Technical design, implementation and integration of the rendering features required by the game design

-Contribute to the recruitment of engine team members as required.

-Day to day management of engine team members.

-Work with the Art department towards ensuring the effectiveness of Art pipelines, tools and processes

-Work with the Art department in order to ensure rendering quality realises their vision

-Be a major stakeholder in the area of rendering performance

Key Success Criteria:

-The rendering pipeline is of high enough quality to support both the game design and the Art department’s ambitions

-Rendering performance is adequate throughout the game development

-The engine team has clearly defined work goals and performance feedback throughout development.

Knowledge, Skills and Experience

1) Essential Experience

-A minimum of 1 shipped AAA title as a senior or lead graphics programmer on the current generation (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)

-Previous graphics programming experience

2) Desired Experience

-Experience managing a team of at least 2 programmers a plus.

-Ability to write large new engine systems as well as maintain and restructure existing ones

-Knowledge of Unreal Engine.

3) Technical/Functional Skills

-Fluent in C++ and shader languages (HLSL/GLSL/Cg)

-Ability to balance aesthetic requirements with performance needs.

-Knowledge of Direct3D 11 (compute shaders, tessellation etc.). OpenGL 4.x experience also considered.

-Actively follows developments in graphics and engine design research topics, in particular real-time lighting techniques such as real-time global illumination and deferred rendering pipelines

-Excellent knowledge of current generation engine methods and techniques covering a variety of wide-ranging fields such as post-processing, lighting, animation and resource streaming

4) Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills

-Passion for playing games

-Excellent communication skills, along with proven ability to work effectively with content creators to improve their workflows
Source: http://www.microsoft-careers.com/jo..._UK_v-aimde_784173Lead_Engine_Programmer_LHCP

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
When was this posted? There was some event at Bellevue a week ago. I wonder if these recent vacancies were posted after MS showed what they are up to.

Darklord

Banned
not sure if i want them too yet feel way to soon

God, this generation has gone on so long. When you have a good PC and go back to consoles it's like going from 360 to Xbox at this point.

People keep saying it's too soon but the second the hype machine starts EVERYONE will be ready.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
When was this posted? There was some event at Bellevue a week ago. I wonder if these recent vacancies were posted after MS showed what they are up to.

February 2nd.

Lionhead is also making an MMO to note.

If UE4 has a good realtime lighting solution and it comes to UDK, I will have to dance a little jig of joy.

Unreal Engine 4 actually bounces light three times.

Tim Sweeney has a good talk about it here: www.gamespot.com/unreal-1990/videos/tim-sweeney-dice-2012-session-6350144/

Globox_82

Banned
Omg just imagine having to listen to Peter in one of his drama queen speeches about "finally" being able to "feel" blablalbla

Conor 419

Banned
I'd like to see Fable IV, just because I feel Peter Molyneux needs one last chance to redeem the IP, truly build on Fable II and create the critically acclaimed title he's been so eager to deliver.

After that though, get Lionhead on some unique shit, and that doesn't include Kinect.

inky

Whatever happened to their megameshes technology? It was from Lionhead, right? Was it just a nice tech demo?

Edit: I know it's probably not relevant, but just wondering.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Can't really check out the video right now, but thanks. Is it a baked bouncing thing, or a realtime thing ala CryEngine, though? That's the big issue and one of UE3/UDK's biggest weaknesses in my opinion.

Realtime bouncing, which is a notable part of why it takes a lot of power to run.

it can bounce 10 times, if you have to bake it the whole fucking night it kinda sucks.

Not baking.

i-Lo

Nope.

Fable: The Journey will be the first one.

Judging by their job postings though, all their future projects seem to be using it.

Aye thanks.

It looks like the proliferation of middleware engines will grow to an even larger size. It just keeps on getting better for the developers of these engines.

Whatever happened to their megameshes technology? It was from Lionhead, right? Was it just a nice tech demo?

Edit: I know it's probably not relevant, but just wondering.

Not for games people.
But used in the art pipeline to speed up art asset/world creation.
Maybe we will see some of the tech back in a game but so far that i know it was used for production.

One engine future.

Lionhead Studios is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Lead Engine Programmer to be a key contributor on an unannounced title. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about games (and game development) and has significant experience leading teams designing and implementing modern rendering engines (DX11)

Unfortunately this quote still doesn't tell us anything about the range of the card, only that it has features beyond the HD 4000 series.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Rapstah

One engine future.

Unfortunately this quote still doesn't tell us anything about the range of the card, only that it has features beyond the HD 4000 series.

That doesn't mean they have the exact specs of the nextbox card, they could just be assuming what everyone else is assuming. And didn't Fable 3 come to PC pretty recently? Cursive because it might have been a year.

Top Bottom