• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne leaked gameplay trailer (new leak, early footage)

Pooya

Looks like shotgun does Fire damage in that bit, elemental/poison/etc bullets gotta be in. Looks like the crossbow in dark souls but more spread! will fit right in.

There is that bit that looks just like soul magic too.

camac002

Wow, looks like Bloodborne received a big graphical upgrade over this footage. Awesome. (And this old footage still looks pretty good!)

No, Miyazaki said in E3 interviews that the began the development hinting for new hardware.

He also mentioned that they started development on this game right after they completed the Artorias of the Abyss DLC. So if the speculation about this being a TGS trailer are true, then this is what the game looked like after being in development for around a year.

Despera

Banned
There are no "shields" as the standard we're used to but i've seen multiple gifs with the character blocking with a weapon.
Well you can see him blocking with both equipped weapons at the same time (Axe and Shotgun)... If you can get good physical reduction with this combination I can see how shields won't be that necessary even for unexperienced players.

Aww man so good, this thread is proof of why they decided not to show this. People already complaining about framerate when this is not even what will look like, it already doesn't look like that now and its still a work in progress. This just paints the picture for what to expect combat, atmosphere, and lore wise. Cannot wait for this game I will play it for a long time.

I don't see much of anyone complaining about framerate other than some folks commenting that they can understand why this wasn't made officially public due to the framerate.

Jack cw

If this is really PS4 exclusive I hope they make a decent effort to take advantage of the console.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from that Dark Souls 2 graphics downgrade.

The funny thing is that Dark Souls 2 got an downgrade and this looks like to have an upgrade. And according to all the videos and media reports, this game is set to become one of the best this generation already, even graphically.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
There is also the secret backstep parry technique.... where the backstep animation cancels the parry animation and stamina consumption, gives you mobility and invincibility of the backstep, but also active parry frames in your hitbox!

(lol B team)

As for Bloodborne I'm super interested in the online portion. For me that was a big part of the experiance. Invaded and getting invaded. It seems all the more appropriate here but it's not something I think I've heard mentioned before. Anyone got any insight on that?

Backstep backstab for laife.

http://a.pomf.se/jzdygq.webm

Wowzers.

I'd seen the initial webms, but I'm still shocked at how different it looks from the actual build; decidedly less next-gen, that's for sure.

Good call on the facelift, From, because I reckon some flak would have been coming your way.

Gartooth

Holy shit! This is the original footage from which the leaks came, and man has the game had a huge graphical upgrade since then at E3.

This is my E3 game of show and number 1 most anticipated game of next year. I'm honestly surprised Sony didn't show more of this game aside from the CG trailer and half a minute of off-screen gameplay.

I absolutely love the creepy/horror vibe going for this game making it much more akin to something like The Tower of Latria from DeS.

Folks wondering if Spells were in the game, we at least see that enemies can use Pyromancy and what looks to be Hexes/Sorcery. Can't imagine why the player character wouldn't use them too unless the game is specifically being built around not having a spell caster.

Also curious how they are going to do classes. The old Knight, Warrior etc don't exactly fit here and Sorcerer, Clerics may not make sense given the lore. Maybe class archetypes are taken a different direction like, Assassin, Hunter, Alchemist, Engineer etc...

*shiver*
ijXEZ2oaEN7HO.png

That makes me want to play Cthulhu Souls!

Looks great, will likely get a PS4 for this.

I hope the game has more settings than the dark, filthy townscapes shown in the trailer, I really liked Dark Souls variety in environments.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Brilliant, beautiful trailer. So excited.

There is also the secret backstep parry technique.... where the backstep animation cancels the parry animation and stamina consumption, gives you mobility and invincibility of the backstep, but also active parry frames in your hitbox!

(lol B team)

As for Bloodborne I'm super interested in the online portion. For me that was a big part of the experiance. Invaded and getting invaded. It seems all the more appropriate here but it's not something I think I've heard mentioned before. Anyone got any insight on that?

Agreed. I'll give dark souls 2 some credit for making a good effort to make PvP something more people do. All the covenants have merit and it's easy to find a fight in many different ways.

Really curious to see how they handle the online interaction and if they have some kind duel stones for the PvPrs.

Wow, looks fantastic. I actually prefer this setting over that of its predecessor's. The faster combat is a welcome change.

Hope they fix that framerate though.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Holy crap this game looks awesome.Gotta wonder why Sony didnt show this at their stage, looks much better with so much gameplay imo.

Hydrargyrus

It's me or the is new trailer dated respect the version shown during the E3?, and graphics look improved in the new version.

The new trailer even it's still called Project Beast instead Bloodborne

Nordicus

It's me or the is new trailer dated respect the version shown during the E3?, and graphics look improved in the new version.

The new trailer even it's still called Project Beast instead Bloodborne
Yeah it's the trailer they thought about showing at TGS 2013. Almost a year ago

It is very much dated, and since graphically it looks on par with Dark Souls 2 (maybe worse considering the pre-downgrade footage), the progress they've made since then is really impressive. You can even see from camera footage how more detailed it is now

Top Bottom