• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne leaked gameplay trailer (new leak, early footage)

So the Souls games are more dudebro than CoD? Amazing.

Thats interesting

I guess the subject matter isn't very appealing to women or they just aren't aware

Some women on here should weigh in.

I do know many who Play Monster Hunter that also like the souls games. Maybe women are less likely to participate in these polls or identify their gender

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Thats interesting

I guess the subject matter isn't very appealing to women or they just aren't aware

Some women on here should weigh in.

I do know many who Play Monster Hunter that also like the souls games. Maybe women are less likely to participate in these polls or identify their gender
I am female but my youtube profile doesn't state my gender. I know that plenty of women play the Souls games. I really wouldn't put that much stock in stats for one youtube vid...

Anastasia

I am female but my youtube profile doesn't state my gender. I know that plenty of women play the Souls games. I really wouldn't put that much stock in stats for one youtube vid...

Same. I love the Souls games (especially Demon's). They are super well made, and provide a good but fun challenge. There are millions of people who have played them, and out of that I'm sure you would find there are many women who enjoy the series.

I don't know how the Youtube stats work, but that stat probably excludes profiles that are not specified. That doesn't negate your point, just that those that watching the video that do set their profile are overwhelmingly male.

Of course girls play the soul series. Some of them are quite good too.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu3T-57vLRVEjF8viOEjm9g
She's very intelligent and methodical, just a joy to watch.

I like she's too careful/ patient/ observing. I wander whats going to happen when she plays bloodborne since you have to aggressive. She definitely has the skill though (remembering that time she decides to parry the anor londo archers lol)

ChipotIe

Banned
What kind of Victorian town has a lava area close by?

Have you not played Dark Souls 2? There is literally an ocean of Lava floating in the sky above Harvest Valley. Granted it can only be seen from above and not below but trust me - it's there. They call it Iron Keep.

MediaBully

Neo Member
Have you not played Dark Souls 2? There is literally an ocean of Lava floating in the sky above Harvest Valley. Granted it can only be seen from above and not below but trust me - it's there. They call it Iron Keep.

Exactly and don't forget that the Iron Keep was once above ground but sunk because of its sheer weight. Now that's fucked up..

duckroll

I'm not sure if it was ever cleared up for sure during E3, but I remember a few previews talking about how the Dark Souls 2 team is making Bloodborne. That has now been completely debunked.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/260/G026038/20140611091/index_2.html

This is the second page of 4Gamer's new interview with Miyazaki, and the first question there puts the entire issue to rest. 4Gamer asks a direct question about whether Bloodborne is developed by a different team from Dark Souls 2, and Miyazaki says that it is a completely different team. He goes on to say that From Software currently has the resources to make about two high end games at the same time, and Bloodborne is one of them. Dark Souls 2 was developed in parallel.

So there we have it. Along with his confirmation that he started working on this right after the Dark Souls expansion, and the absence of key Demon's Souls and Dark Souls staff members on Dark Souls 2, I think we can definitely say for certain that the core team moved on to Bloodborne instead.

Lucent

I'm not sure if it was ever cleared up for sure during E3, but I remember a few previews talking about how the Dark Souls 2 team is making Bloodborne. That has now been completely debunked.

This is the second page of 4Gamer's new interview with Miyazaki, and the first question there puts the entire issue to rest. 4Gamer asks a direct question about whether Bloodborne is developed by a different team from Dark Souls 2, and Miyazaki says that it is a completely different team. He goes on to say that From Software currently has the resources to make about two high end games at the same time, and Bloodborne is one of them. Dark Souls 2 was developed in parallel.

So there we have it. Along with his confirmation that he started working on this right after the Dark Souls expansion, and the absence of key Demon's Souls and Dark Souls staff members on Dark Souls 2, I think we can definitely say for certain that the core team moved on to Bloodborne instead.

If they start a Dark Souls 3, I hope he's allowed to have a say in it this time. I thought Dark Souls II was great, but it definitely felt a bit off from the first one. I thought it was cheap how bosses/enemies could make up for your rolling sometimes to automatically lock on to you and turn around without actually moving their fee sometimes. Dunno what the hell that was about. lol. Was like artificially raising the difficulty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyz_2DEah4o

I did some research on 'Victorian' since it was being thrown about so much - see what kind of armour or clothing there might be. I would say this game is on the cusp of Georgian, going into Victorian.

So industrial revolution period, advanced enough to have firearms and not metal armour, but not Victorian in the dress sense at all. The hats and cloaks are all very Georgian.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Yeah this was in Keza MacDonald's preview... She's been notified by multiple people regarding the mistake, but it's still there. Thanks for posting that link

Soriku

Yeah but a lava area in Dark Souls' setting is OK. I can't imagine something like that here. outside of an ironworks type area (the weapons have to get made somewhere).

Gattsu25

Banned
I did some research on 'Victorian' since it was being thrown about so much - see what kind of armour or clothing there might be. I would say this game is on the cusp of Georgian, going into Victorian.

So industrial revolution period, advanced enough to have firearms and not metal armour, but not Victorian in the dress sense at all. The hats and cloaks are all very Georgian.

Victorian was thrown around in regards to the city, not the people.

Here is a google image search for victorian architecture: https://www.google.com/search?q=victorian+architecture&tbm=isch

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I uploaded the E3 2014 gameplay footage some days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GCx2wW61aQ, and now that it has around 208k views I thought i'd share something I found interesting:

22% of the viewers are from Japan
19% from USA
7.3% from Spain
6.5% from UK

With the rest mainly being from around Europe.

94% of the viewers are male, 5.9% are female

Stats - yeah!

And 99% of the comments are stupid.

Victorian was thrown around in regards to the city, not the people.

Here is a google image search for victorian architecture: https://www.google.com/search?q=victorian+architecture&tbm=isch

Yeah, from initial impressions the design of the city certainly seems to have that typically Victorian-associated imposing Gothic monolith architecture. I'm glad they're trying something different other than another medieval knights-and-wizards setting.

Top Bottom