• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Madden Xbox Tournament 2:Ramirez's Revenge Sign Up Now!!

Ramirez

I made a small quick tourney for 8 people,first 7 to sign in get in :p

Name: Gaf2
Pass: Ram

I took the Jags...and although you don't have to I encourage ya to pick different teams,playing with the same teams/tendencies can become stale after a while :p

Maverick

I'm in with the Chargers biatches. :D

But I drew Ram in the first round! NOOOO!

JAGS/CHARGELESS, DA BATTLE FOR WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I helped with the idea and I didn't get in, lol! I got busy tonight downtown and was away. Hope this is successful as the sign up was faster than a hiccup.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ah shit it filled up? I didn't sign in either.

King: I pretty much always play as the Giants, but if they are also your favorite team I don't mind splitting them.

Ramirez

Your playing KingV Slo...

Ram
Mav

Fifty
Gun

Matrix
HG

KingV
Slo

Thats the bracket and I won my game,although it was terrible with lag and bad luck all around for Mav :p

Slo

Thanks Ramirez.

King V, when works for you. I'd prefer to play after 10:00 PM Central time, but I can be flexible.

KingV

Slo, as close to 10 Central as possible, or any time earlier. I'm east coast and gotta hit work in the AM tommorrow, so I can't play too late tonight.

KingV

Wellington said:
Ah shit it filled up? I didn't sign in either.

King: I pretty much always play as the Giants, but if they are also your favorite team I don't mind splitting them.

I mostly like Tiki Barber, fellow UVA grad and all. I actually picked the NY Football Giants because I figured they wouldn't be anybody in particular's favorite team. I prefer playing with the more middle of the road teams because few people play with them. Tiki/Shockey can be pretty devastating on Offense as well, except for Tiki's slippery hands.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hg,when do you want to play?

hgplayer1

I dont get this game. no matter what defense I call I seem to get simply ate up on running plays. I cant believe that in this game the team that had the number one defense in the NFL last year cant even stop a simple run play. I have no idea what to do with this game anymore. then on the other side of the ball i have a third and 3 and double TE on the left side and I run a blast to the left side and what happens....my fucking tackle (mighta been TE) get knocked flat on his ass off the snap and the D lineman gets up and tackles me before I can even gain a yard. and that was from what looked like a dime defense. it doesnt help that the quarters are 4 fuckin minutes long and I feel like I need to pass all day long. shit im so frustrated with this damn game.

gg matrix :p

Slo

KingV, I'll try my best to be there tonight, but it doesn't look good. I'll be home a little later, but I know that's not good for you. Will tommorrow work? :(

KingV

SLo, I'll be back at 10 PM CT to check, and then every half hour or so until say midnight your time. Hopefully we can make that work. I can work it in tommorrow either relatively early morning or about 2-3PM your time. Unfortunately, I'm pretty jam packed this weekend so it's difficult for me to commit (my job is very time intensive).

Edit: I've just left my Xbox sitting on Xbox live for now, I'll check back every 30 minutes at the 30 minute point. So If I don't answer, I'll be there top of the hour or halfway there.

Slo

KingV said:
Wow, I just got murdered by Slo. Almost embarassingly bad. Good luck to everyone else in the tourney.

It was mostly bad luck. I got two quick turnovers for touchdowns and went up 21-0 early. Things might have been different if that hadn't happened. Good game though.

Slo

Matrix, when do you want to play? I need to play today, because I'm going out of town tommorrow.

Slo

Ramirez, can you please give Matrix a forfeit win? I've had some family issues come up and I'll be out of state for a day or two. He and I can't work out a time to play before I leave, and even if I beat him I wouldn't be able to play the championship game.

Sorry that I fucked up the tourney. :(

Ramirez

I'm sorry Gun,but the Eagles are straight BS in this game.No matter what I did your front 4 were in the backfield practically right after the snap,then add blitzing CBs on top of that and you have no chance.

Ugh

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Ramirez said:
I'm sorry Gun,but the Eagles are straight BS in this game.No matter what I did your front 4 were in the backfield practically right after the snap,then add blitzing CBs on top of that and you have no chance.

Ugh

All can say to that is DM beat me last night and I have yet to beat FMT and he uses the 49ers which is one of the worst teams in the game. Your problem is you aren't taking what my D gives you. The short game is there for the taken. It wouldn't matter if I used the Eagles, it is the way I play D it works against certain people and others it don't.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Ramirez said:
No,when the front 4 blow by my linemen every time there is nothing to take except a sack -_-

I will say this, once you are down by 10 points in this years Madden the game is over, period. EA made the Defense too good this year.

Top Bottom