• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Birdman02

GG BigAT. I really missed Vilma and Dickerson in that one...my backups just missed making some big plays. It's also kind of frustrating when my 99 trucking and 99 carry RB has the same amount broken tackles and fumbles (2). Ingram just couldn't get it done in the red zone....though my FB decided not to block on one of those plays.

Ramirez

The problem was that I went against my plan the last two games against you.

• You don't generate much of a pass rush
  • Your secondary is not that good
  • The strength of your team is your linebackers

Pretty spot on, I usually live and die by my manual LB play. I do get the occasional morphing INT against FMT though, even when I'm not using the Steelers!

AT, when do you want to play?

BigAT

Phone folks: my upgrade has come up and right now I'm deciding between the Razr Maxx or the Galaxy Nexus. Anyone have any experience with either of them?

DCX

DCX
Phone folks: my upgrade has come up and right now I'm deciding between the Razr Maxx or the Galaxy Nexus. Anyone have any experience with either of them?
Wife has Razr and I have the Nexus. Overall the Nexus is the better phone hands down. Only thing holding it back is the battery life which can be fixed with ex battery and the image quality on the camera. It takes good pictures but not great pictures.

ICS pushes the Nexus over the top. Razr will get ICS but it won't be for a while yet. I do like the Razr and the maxx batt life is insane.

Try them out in store. Ultimately the smoothness of the os is what is going to win you over.

DCX

Nightz

I'm kinda meh with my Galaxy Nexus now. ICS is awesome and the phone is cool for sure, but the radio switching issues between 3G and 4G is horrible. I don't know how many times I've had to look something up real quick only to see my phone go from 4G->3G->no data, then have to wait a minute or so for data to come back up. Supposedly an update is going to fix it, but Verizon is stupid. This issue has been there from the start and they haven't done squat...and I have no faith that the update will actually fix anything. Hope I'm wrong though.

If the next iPhone comes out with LTE support, I might just switch.

BigAT

Wife has Razr and I have the Nexus. Overall the Nexus is the better phone hands down. Only thing holding it back is the battery life which can be fixed with ex battery and the image quality on the camera. It takes good pictures but not great pictures.

ICS pushes the Nexus over the top. Razr will get ICS but it won't be for a while yet. I do like the Razr and the maxx batt life is insane.

Try them out in store. Ultimately the smoothness of the os is what is going to win you over.

DCX

My friend has a Razr and he said he was able to easily root and put ICS on it, so that isn't necessarily an issue. I really don't understand why battery life hasn't become a more important metric for smart phones considering how significant it is, which is making me also lean towards the Razr Maxx.

McNei1y

My brother has a Razr but I don't know much about it. I recently got the Droid 4 and I have to say I love it. 4g is so awesome.

DCX

DCX
My friend has a Razr and he said he was able to easily root and put ICS on it, so that isn't necessarily an issue. I really don't understand why battery life hasn't become a more important metric for smart phones considering how significant it is, which is making me also lean towards the Razr Maxx.
Expense. Easier to sell you a larger battery than eat the initial cost. Battery tech is lacking. I totally expect a smartphone to last a day and half these days. Its sad we barely get a work shift and commute.

DCX

BigAT

Who is getting starhawk today? Let's do some madden league 4 player co op tonight!

tumbleweed.jpg

BigAT

New Madden cover:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/548465_10150850043828756_75529708755_9476391_196793156_n.jpg[IMG]

You can see the fear in Megatron's eyes because he knows he's about to receive the curse![/QUOTE]

Or because he's standing outside in Detroit. I'd be scared as shit too.

bluemax

Banned
Just had an interview where they asked me a bunch of questions about designing and implementing an announcer system in a football game. At long last my years of playing Madden were finally good for something!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Made me think of something, did madden do away with the PA announcer in the stadiums? Can't recall the last time I noticed that.

Just had an interview where they asked me a bunch of questions about designing and implementing an announcer system in a football game. At long last my years of playing Madden were finally good for something!

So you told them to do the opposite of madden? I never thought I could dislike Gus Johnson but he sucked in madden

bluemax

Banned
So you told them to do the opposite of madden? I never thought I could dislike Gus Johnson but he sucked in madden

Not specifically no, but when they asked if I had any ideas about possible bugs that could happen I had I mentioned things like playing on Thanksgiving for 4 weeks in a row!

TheCrow

Soon I'll be joining smokey in seeing pc games in a new light with 120hz goodness. 3d doesn't hurt too. Will be f5ing newegg all thursday morning to buy the gigabyte gtx670. Even thinking of eventually getting two for sli.

Ramirez

The MaddenGAF '12 SB IV is about to commence!

And...it's done!

Sucks to go out like that, I dominated the stats aside from TO's. Wellie would have been proud of that Dline play. 11 TFL, 7 sacks, 3 FF, lulz.

Sokantish

Alright time to start the next season with no one quitting, woohoo! Glad all of you changed your mind and decided to stick it through for one more season

DCX

DCX
Alright time to start the next season with no one quitting, woohoo! Glad all of you changed your mind and decided to stick it through for one more season
Lol we need to advance the league and the progressions and off season mode will intruige most. Draft will keep us interested.

It might work lol

DCX

McNei1y

Lol we need to advance the league and the progressions and off season mode will intruige most. Draft will keep us interested.

It might work lol

DCX

I'll probably be down for another season. It's just something fun to do every other day for an hour.

Top Bottom