• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

eznark

Banned
I hope you guys are still playing in a month when I get it for $30. I also assume there will be a game trial pretty soon for plus users.

Mrbob

We made a deal.

He told me if he isn't playing Starhawk on a regular basis through the release of Madden he'll buy me Madden 13 and have it shipped free to my home.

I do agree about the Diablo part, though. It's the only thing holding me back. The Diablo holiday is almost here.

BigAT

Super Bowl write-up, slightly belated edition.

Everything seemed to go my way going into the playoffs. CB and FMT both failing to make the playoffs, then DM got bounced before I had to deal with him. No offense to Birdman; he's a great player but for whatever reason I seem to match up fantastically against him. Then I had Bob who is freer than Vita will be in six months. That just left Ramirez.

It did occur to me before the game that we would be facing off with each other's quarterbacks, it was really odd to see Eli in Steeler black. Let me tell you how pleased I was to see Mike Wallace sitting in the slot on the very first snap of the game. The twins play that followed pretty much set me off and set the tone for me playing aggressively on defense the rest of the game. Although Eli had a high completion percentage and yardage at the end of the game, I felt good about getting seven sacks, two interceptions and then a fumble lost that was returned for a touchdown (on a twins play!). Thomas Davis deserves a lot of credit, he came out of nowhere to force an incredible four fumbles in the final two games (two in the NFCC, two in the Super Bowl). A peek into the world of Ramirez.

The turnovers put me in position to get up 21 late in the third, at which point I went into conservative mode. Things still somehow managed to get dicey after the Steelers recovered a late onside kick and scored 14 points in 30 seconds, but thankfully I recovered the second onside kick to wrap things up.

It feels really good to end things with a Super Bowl victory (for the second year in a row). It's a very nice way to conclude what was an otherwise disappointing franchise for me. Too bad this victory doesn't come with a free game like last year, although MvC3 was worth barely more than nothing.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Although im all for mr monopoly throwing his money around on bets based off his shitty football team, he shouldnt and doesnt have to provide any incentive for winning. He does enough.

BigAT

Wait, there used to be prizes? Where do I get my Atlanta Falcons #1 seed 1 and done memorial prize?

FMT gave a free game to the winner of the final Super Bowl in Madden '11 out of the kindness of his heart. I was just kidding at being disappointed at the lack of a prize, I was only looking for an avenue to trash MvC3.

Although I'm not quite sure why he decided to give a free copy of Madden '13 to Bob. FMT is going to be playing Starhawk three and a half months from now?

tRCFX.gif

Ramirez

Stay classy AT. A draw play & a twins play with a WR being motioned to the other side "setting you off" is funny to me though.

I'm all cheese & your instant dline pressure is all skill I'm sure. ;)

Nightz

FMT gave a free game to the winner of the final Super Bowl in Madden '11 out of the kindness of his heart. I was just kidding at being disappointed at the lack of a prize, I was only looking for an avenue to trash MvC3.

Although I'm not quite sure why he decided to give a free copy of Madden '13 to Bob. FMT is going to be playing Starhawk three and a half months from now?

http://i.imgur.com/tRCFX.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

He'll probably pop it in for a minute and say that he played it. Technicalities!

True. What was that one about him promising he wouldn't buy Madden? "I didn't buy it, my girlfriend bought it for me!"

there wasn't a need for technicalities since we got an improvement on online franchise (through league manager!). those were the rules! tough titties!

and starhawk is so good that is why i guaranteed it. nothing like it on any other console

LukeSmith

Stay classy AT. A draw play & a twins play with a WR being motioned to the other side "setting you off" is funny to me though.

I'm all cheese & your instant dline pressure is all skill I'm sure. ;)

I read this before I read AT's post, so I wasn't actually sure if you'd won or lost.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
from what a can tell by the giantbomb quicklook, Starhawk is a shitty 3rd person shooter mixed with shitty dogfghting and shitty tower defense elements. Yeah, FMT wont be playing this past E3. Guaranteed.

Mrbob

Whelp, it's been a fun Madden 12 ride, saltiness and all! Jamie Brooks is officially retired as I traded in Madden today towards Starhawk. I'll be looking forward to starting up again with Madden 13, especially when I get my copy for free!

Whelp, it's been a fun Madden 12 ride, saltiness and all! Jamie Brooks is officially retired as I traded in Madden today towards Starhawk. I'll be looking forward to starting up again with Madden 13, especially when I get my copy for free!

Let's play tonight brother! Co op or otherwise it don't matter!

Nightz

Nope! Did you? :(
Yup, it works pretty much like Domination in COD or Conquest in Battlefield. You just have to stand close enough to the base and you'll see a bar at the bottom. It'll be green if your team controls it and red if the other team does. Just stay in the area until the bar is green to capture it.

Yup, it works pretty much like Domination in COD or Conquest in Battlefield. You just have to stand close enough to the base and you'll see a bar at the bottom. It'll be green if your team controls it and red if the other team does. Just stay in the area until the bar is green to capture it.

So I just stand anywhere in the zone?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I think they used flagpolls in warhawk (for zones). I'm probably grabbing Starhawk this weekend.

LukeSmith

No you have to be close enough to the base (the structure at the center of the zone) to capture it. You'll know you're in the right place when the bar shows up at the bottom of your screen.

This is like you're describing capturing a point in a shooter to a small child.

Then I saw you were describing it to FMT and it made sense

Mrbob

I'm down for co op later tonight. I'll be home around 9 central. How many people can play? Up to 4?

Finally have a reason to charge my bluetooth mic when I get home.

Nightz

wtf does TNT mean? i joined your game and it was straight dog fight! i'll be back on in a bit and i know bob is getting on too

GiantBomb's Thursday Night Throwdown. I wanted to see myself on the stream lol. I'm actually headed out for a couple of hours. We need to do some co-op though! Me, you, Bob and Matrix!

GiantBomb's Thursday Night Throwdown. I wanted to see myself on the stream lol. I'm actually headed out for a couple of hours. We need to do some co-op though! Me, you, Bob and Matrix!

lol that was on TNT? fuck i just got in at the end and our clan leader owned me twice -_-

i played about an hour of TDM and damn it was awesome. built a sniper tower in a nice cozy spot and got kill after kill!

Top Bottom