• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I have everyone but Star and Chariot at max (well, save for those who are story bound). Star at 9 and Chariot 7, with two weeks till deadline.

Star is a gimme, but no idea if the game will let me finish chariot in that time.

Provided that you finish the palace your party should be available to hang out - you're bound to get them both finished in the time you have left.

Other than Trophies, is there a story reason to max all confidants? Like I won't get the best ending or some important cutscene.

Like Darkness Unleashed said - it doesn't change any of the outcomes but there are short additional scenes leading up to/following the final battle depending on which confidants you have maxed. I'm almost certain that there will be a video on Youtube showing the sequence with each additional scene if you wanted to check it out once you're done with the game.

PK Gaming

DFwLp96UIAI7j6M.jpg
DFwLp98UQAIPOh_.jpg

DFwLp9_U0AAfQaC.jpg

Anyone plan on picking up the Joker figma?

Zeroro

A-1 did P4GA, right? That looked all right.

EDIT: Oh, wait, they did Daybreakers? That kinda looked wonky at points, but I can't imagine the full-fledged adaptation wouldn't have more of a budget to work with.

A-1 did P4GA, right? That looked all right.

EDIT: Oh, wait, they did Daybreakers? That kinda looked wonky at points, but I can't imagine the full-fledged adaptation wouldn't have more of a budget to work with.

Wait, you're saying P4GA looked alright and Day Breakers looked wonky? That's not how I remember it.

Zeroro

Wait, you're saying P4GA looked alright and Day Breakers looked wonky? That's not how I remember it.

I mean, it's been a hot minute, but I don't remember it looking too bad. I might just be saying that because of how noticeably better it looked than P4A at first glance.

Hi guys just about started the 4th Palace, the games pace is going great so far!

Heard the 5th palace is where the game gets a bit sloggish... is this true? Does the story pick up after the 5th palace? Just curious

Corum

After 80 hours I've finished my first foray into the Persona series and the fact that I'm tempted to continue for the platinum trophy when there's a plethora of other great games means that even after so long I'm still not tired of it.

I mean, it's been a hot minute, but I don't remember it looking too bad. I might just be saying that because of how noticeably better it looked than P4A at first glance.

I remember people posting tons of pics and gifs to point out the really poor animation in P4GA.

Little Mons†er;244909339 said:
Hi guys just about started the 4th Palace, the games pace is going great so far!

Heard the 5th palace is where the game gets a bit sloggish... is this true? Does the story pick up after the 5th palace? Just curious

The negative comments towards the 5th palace are very hyperbolic IMO.
Story does pick up the pace after it, yeah.

After 80 hours I've finished my first foray into the Persona series and the fact that I'm tempted to continue for the platinum trophy when there's a plethora of other great games means that even after so long I'm still not tired of it.

I'm already past 80 hours and still in palace 6 lol.
Glad you liked it.

Late December question:

When is the deadline for finishing Mementos? I'm on 12/22 right now and am not sure how many days I have left to go into Mementos. When I check the Network, though, it says only 6% of players went there today.

For context, I've reached the wall at the bottom of Sheriruth but haven't gone back since election day.

Arrrammis

Late December question:

When is the deadline for finishing Mementos? I'm on 12/22 right now and am not sure how many days I have left to go into Mementos. When I check the Network, though, it says only 6% of players went there today.

For context, I've reached the wall at the bottom of Sheriruth but haven't gone back since election day.

Don't worry about spending a long time doing mementos unless you are doing requests, there's a day coming up specifically for Mementos

I hope they do and sell it as DLC. Most of my issues with P5 are so minor they could be easily addressed in a FES/Golden release.

See, I'd prefer if they could release any supposed expansion as DLC as well, but is it possible? I vaguely recall that a game had to have the base infrastructure in place to support such tweaking to the system. A FES/Golden style upgrade doesn't strike me as a particularly simple thing to do since they would be making changes to the basic gameplay systems in all sorts of ways, and AFAIK Atlus has never put out such a DLC in this manner. I'm wondering if they had accounted for or have the technical capability to integrate QOL and gameplay changes extensively across the entire game through a DLC. This is not even counting the typical expansion additions or new scenarios that you'd expect from them.

The voice cast is also the same as the game, as expected.

But will it stay the same for the English version????

Spoilers: Probably not.

Also if this is like P4 The Animation, the game will remain the superior experience, but hey, at least we'll get more Shoji Meguro jams! (Best things about P4A were "Key Plus Words" and how it gave Yu a goofy personality.)

Cheers. I didn't feel like I rushed the game at 80 hours, do you grind a lot in Mementos or the dungeons?

I'm on hard but never had to grind. I'm also taking as few trips to mementos as possible.
I'm moving through dungeons pretty fast too so I don't know.
I'm trying to make the most of every day to max as many confidants as I can, if you did the same then I dunno lol.

But will it stay the same for the English version????

Spoilers: Probably not.

Also if this is like P4 The Animation, the game will remain the superior experience, but hey, at least we'll get more Shoji Meguro jams! (Best things about P4A were "Key Plus Words" and how it gave Yu a goofy personality.)

Both animations were worth it just for the music, so many great songs.

Mik317

Finally done.

97 hours at level 76. Didn't max out many SLs but thats more of a me fucking up and wasting days early on.

As for the game itself? I liked it a lot ( I don't play games I dislike past maybe 2 hours let alone 90). Its not better than 4 IMO but a lot of that is just being in a different place in my life really (and nostalgia glasses). Its not my GOTY like I expected going into it but that says more about the game that currently is. But I did enjoy it quite a bit.

The Good
- Style on top of style yo.
- Joker looks cool
- Battle system improvements.
- Dat swerve moment. That really really re-energized me a lot.
- Actual Dungeons
- The early parts of the story.
- Some aspects of the ending.
- Fun Turn Based combat...always impressive to me as a person w/ a short attention span.
- I like the cast as whole. Not hating one of them is great for a JRPG.
- Confidant system is really neat with other benefits outside of just fusion stuff.

The bad
- I like the cast. Don't love them. They often acted really really dense.
- The overall story was just ok. The final enemy is kinda stock anime villain. no?
- The resolution was a bit half baked in a sense.
- The Soundtrack needed more tracks it felt a bit repetitive.
- Final boss music is weak IMO.
- Final boss is actually kinda easy.

The Ugly
- Summer is just bad. None of the story feels like it matters and all of the characters start acting real dumb.
- The pacing. The previous games took me about the same amount of time but never felt like it...this felt like it. Dungeons overstay their welcome, plot points get rehashed.
- Final Boss spoilers
really the power of friendship...again? ehhhh

I have read a lot of complaints about this game and while they weren't game ruining for me they do very much exist...despite those, I enjoyed my time and if I had nothing better to do I might even NG+ to see all the shit I missed. That being said, I do think its time to switch it up a bit in P6...not saying get rid of the calendar system (maybe tho) but yeah the formula is showing signs of aging.

Still i love this shit and can't wait for what the team does next even if it is more of the same, many of the misteps here are easily fixed with just another story and set of characters.

Going to feel that post game depression for sure...which while that is a sad ass statement, is the best feeling as it means I got my money's worth and more.

also now i can watch youtube videos and spoilers without fear...yaaaay

Lynx_7

It feels that way because despite having less tracks, P3 and P4 spaced them out better generally speaking. You have different tracks for each season and the last stretch of the games, while in P5 you're still hearing Beneath the Mask, Tokyo Daylight, Tokyo Emergency, Restlessness and that one Mementos track ad infinitum. Tokyo Daylight and Tokyo Emergency in particular are significantly weaker than most other exploration tracks in the series. Then you have a really good track like Like Goes On completely misplaced/wasted on test days, so you don't even get to hear all of it in-game because it restarts from the beginning the next day lol
Beneath the Mask is a tremendous track, but they should've either replaced it in the last few months or saved the vocal version for much later. It also has a few tracks I swear I've never heard in-game. Probably one-off tracks for the anime cutscenes.

P5's OST has incredible highs and its best tracks are probably my favorites in the franchise, but it feels very unevenly distributed/frontloaded in-game. I definitely think it needed at least a few more: one for summer, one for the last month of the game, one for a certain boss fight in
Palace 7
, and one more night track besides Beneath the Mask. This last one is more of a personal preference and also a problem shared by P3 and P4, but I also wish it had a second battle theme for the second half of the game (
Palace 6
and onwards).

Oh, don't get me wrong. I've certainly heard all the reasons people feel that way, and I agree that the crux of the issue is the overworld and mementos tracks. I'm just remarking that it's an amusing bit of irony when the full OST is a little over 100 tracks and yet still needs more!

Also, the DLC costumes help to give some variety to the battle themes, but I get that not everyone will be spending money on those.

Holy crap I actually beat the Reaper. I seriously didn't think I would be able to with my current setup, but I got close on the first attempt and won on the second attempt.

I'm assuming if I beat that, I can handle whatever the main story throws at me.

KeRaSh

Finally got around to beating the game last night. Finished it in 92 hours at Level 67 or 68.
Maxed all female confidants except
Futaba
Chihaya
and
the twin wardens
because I ran out of time and
didn't really care about fusing complex personas
Got myself a little harem going there... Made for an interesting
Valentine's Day

I missed the
Tower
and
King
confidants. Both would have been really cool additions to my playthrough but I managed without them.

I think everything's basically been said about this game already. I really enjoyed it as a whole. Loved the OST, the characters, the style. The summer was a little slow and the dungeons were a little too long. Other than that it was a solid first Persona game for me.

Not sure what to play next. I have a few games on my radar but I think I'll take a little gaming break until Destiny 2 comes out just to let Persona settle.

1upsuper

Well, I finally beat it. Final playtime of 211 hours. Definitely "Took My Time." What a great game. I barely managed to max every confidant! If
Haru
hadn't shown up two days in a row at the last minute I would have been outta luck. I also finished every Mementos request, so I can rest easy for now.
Also got a really nice sense of closure at the end there with all my confidants. Better than P3 and P4, though they were obviously going for something different.

Now gimme all the spin offs.

Nictel

I always find it a little ironic when people say the OST needs more tracks because it pretty much had double that of P4 and P3.
I'm not surprised since P5 has a load more areas. Personally I don't find the soundtrack that iconic. P4 had burn my dread and P4 had in my opinion stellar songs overall. P5 not so much but perhaps that's because nobody likes jazz that much.

Lynx_7

P5 not so much but perhaps that's because nobody likes jazz that much.
What

At the very least Life Will Change and Rivers in the Desert are guaranteed classics. I think the OST will hold up fine compared to the other two, specially if the rerelease adds new tracks to space them out better.

I also think they need to reconsider OST usage in some scenes. There was a particular moment towards the end of Palace
that used one of those confidant sad scene tracks and it completely clashed with the tone. The battle that preceded said scene also deserved to debut a new battle theme instead of reusing the generic boss themes. It's bad placement more than anything else that hurts the ost.

I'm not surprised since P5 has a load more areas. Personally I don't find the soundtrack that iconic. P4 had burn my dread and P4 had in my opinion stellar songs overall. P5 not so much but perhaps that's because nobody likes jazz that much.

P5 soundtrack is miles better than P3 and P4.

Bladenic

Character poll:

The fuck is Ann doing so low?

Confidant:

Wow that makes me realize how many of the confidants I don't give a fuck about. Also top two are trash choices. Iai should be top.

At 104 hours, lv 74, i'm finally done!

I liked the ending, though, it seems like they could have done some more falling action stuff in the last few months of the game. Something between valentines and the finale would have been nice.

Also, man that christmas eve event sucked. Why wouldn't you tell your girlfriend about your pending incarceration? Valentines was really too simple as well. P4 handled these events far better I think, overall.

Top Bottom