• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Man I hope the training mode in Dragonball Fighter Z is simply called "The Hyperbolic Time Chamber" instead of just calling it "Training mode". Be so dope to see that listed and then have that place as your default training mode stage.

You could also play the beta for months instead of hours!

shaowebb

I hope we get Cooler in DBFZ just so we can get his dick mangling fighting style. The commentary writes itself lol.

Can't wait to find out who the next character actually is though. Eager to hear any new stuff really. Stages, characters, modes...just can't wait to see more. This beta is gonna be awesome.

Tripon

¡Habrá torneo presencial de #KingOfFightersXIV 👊 en #GamesCelebration17! Checa la info 👉http://bit.ly/KOFGC17 y adquiere tus boletos ya!

DFxFk82WsAEcoaY.jpg

https://twitter.com/GamesCeleb/status/890663329915482112

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
One freaking match? Seriously? What the hell was the point of that.

I literally went to the kitchen, came back and it was over.

are you guys talking about the BFC event? one of the so cal players was promoting it and mentioned that the event was hosted by machinima which is a big red flag to me. didn't know they suckered aris into it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah.

How the hell can you crown someone a champion after one game. The belt looks like some dollar store kid's toy. Commentators suck, Aris looks like he was like wth did I get myself into. It was an embarrassment. It's no Eleague or any other of the cool Esports event we've seen.

mbpm1

You know I missed amateur esports hour. We need things like this to remind us of what quality is supposed to look like.

also for blowups

Sayad

SFV only sold 300K units since May 2016

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1412505

Considering all the marketing and CPT / Evo prize pots I wonder if this game is profitable.
I think it's pretty obvious where SFV is making money(right now at least) from the amount of stages/DLC costumes they're making. Though I'm always amazed when people see the state SFV launched in, see that it sold about 1.4 million at launch and wonder if it was profitable! Shit would have probably broke even at like ~300K, and that's assuming Capcom was generous toward Dimps!

There's also the last big CFN patch and this year's Pro Tour, Capcom would have dropped everything SFV like a rock if it was losing them money.

Not surprise at Sfv's terrible numbers. It's no one's but Capcom fault. They went all out esports and it was a big disaster. They are out of touch unlike their competition whose products are selling like hotcakes. While Capcom can't even move more than 300k units in a year. Given the brand name that's dreadful and a shame. SF went from being the most loved FG franchise to the most despised one by casual public imo.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not surprise at Sfv's terrible numbers. It's no one's but Capcom fault. They went all out esports and it was a big disaster. They are out of touch unlike their competition whose products are selling like hotcakes. While Capcom can't even move more than 300k units in a year. Given the brand name that's dreadful and a shame. SF went from being the most loved FG franchise to the most despised one by casual public imo.
I don't think SF's brand is despised as much as Capcom is, or their handling of SFV specifically.

Especially if USF2 is putting up numbers. I can't believe I'm even saying that, even if it was a launch (window?) title.

I don't think SF's brand is despised as much as Capcom is, or their handling of SFV specifically.

Especially if USF2 is putting up numbers. I can't believe I'm even saying that, even if it was a launch (window?) title.

SSF4 3D edition was a million seller as well. They're savvy about hitting launch demographics.

I mean they tried to go all out esports, but even there they failed. Why the CPT isn't better integrated into the CFN is beyond me. No CPT leaderboard on there. No better way to inform users of premier tournaments? No top 5 highlights from CPT tournaments?

Anne

My UNI netplay experience so far:

"Hmm there'e some delay so playing neutral is a bit harder"

*opponent jumps at me while I'm standing still at the start of the round and I AA into a full combo. Every time I do an extended string or pressure reset they mash so we never go back to neutral*

"Well alright then"

Dahbomb

You should just copy/save this post and keep posting it again whenever SFV is brought. I mean it's not too different from your other SFV posts, would save you a lot of time and effort.

pizzacat

Banned
My UNI netplay experience so far:

"Hmm there'e some delay so playing neutral is a bit harder"

*opponent jumps at me while I'm standing still at the start of the round and I AA into a full combo. Every time I do an extended string or pressure reset they mash so we never go back to neutral*

"Well alright then"
Oh good there are people of my skill level can't wait to play them

Top Bottom