• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's only for existing VC games, which have built in emulators. new VC releases will almost certainly not run in Wii mode, and there's a good chance Nintendo will update the emulators in already released games. i'm not expecting any specific timescales on this all occuring mind, but consider that they talked about testing Wii U GamePad latency with Super Mario Bros.

This seems most likely... Basically, they are doing what Sony did for the Vita, only giving people an interim solution. That is, with the Vita sony said no to PS1 games because they wanted to get a native emulator our, versus emulating through an emulator... Nintendo is likely going to want a native emulator for future games, but they want people who spent money on a lot of VC games to have access to them right away... who knows, when the (hopefully) full Wii U versions are out they'll have additional features like true save states (ala 3DS)
So they'd update the VC titles to enable support for Wii U-specific features (presumably similar to those of the 3DS VC, I dunno)? As appealing as that is, seeing how slowly they're going about trickling out these things on the 3DS doesn't exactly inspire me with hope. Here's hoping they'd implement functionality like that in larger chunks of titles, and not just one game at a time, else we'll probably still be waiting on obscure VC title #143 to get the update while Nintendo decides to go another month without any VC title at all.

Sorry for being a negative Nancy, but Nintendo of America's handling of the VC has been anything but faith-inspiring. Better now than it had been, but once you hit rock bottom, it's hard to go anywhere but up.

It looks pretty natrual right?

Is there a current gen game I could compare it with?
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts always comes to mind when I see NintendoLand, honestly.

So they'd update the VC titles to enable support for Wii U-specific features (presumably similar to those of the 3DS VC, I dunno)? As appealing as that is, seeing how slowly they're going about trickling out these things on the 3DS doesn't exactly inspire me with hope. Here's hoping they'd implement functionality like that in larger chunks of titles, and not just one game at a time, else we'll probably still be waiting on obscure VC title #143 to get the update while Nintendo decides to go another month without any VC title at all.

Sorry for being a negative Nancy, but Nintendo of America's handling of the VC has been anything but faith-inspiring. Better now than it had been, but once you hit rock bottom, it's hard to go anywhere but up.

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts always comes to mind when I see NintendoLand, honestly.
Lighting wise though? The aesthetics seems similar some parts Ill give that.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
After much consideration, we have decided to close down megathreads about platforms (Vita, 3DS, Xbox 360, etc), but leave open threads dedicated to services (Steam, eShop, XBLA, iOS App Store). We feel this will help improve the overall flow of news threads while still allowing a home for niche games that cannot sustain a thread to be discussed.

Feel free to continue discussions about a specific subject in a thread specific to that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom