• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Owzers

Cry Havoc #1 was kinda good, i didn't feel annoyed by the time segments and it did make the first issue feel larger to take in whereas i usually dislike jumps in games/movies, Uncharted 4...

I try to look into books people like here as long as they aren't from Valiant, in which case i nod my head when reading their post and scroll faster.

I might continue Cry Havoc because it's on sale, but it falls into the " i kinda like this" category with a lot of other books.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Cry Havoc #1 was kinda good, i didn't feel annoyed by the time segments and it did make the first issue feel larger to take in whereas i usually dislike jumps in games/movies, Uncharted 4...

I try to look into books people like here as long as they aren't from Valiant, in which case i nod my head when reading their post and scroll faster.

I might continue Cry Havoc because it's on sale, but it falls into the " i kinda like this" category with a lot of other books.

It never got over the hump from "I kinda like this" to "I really like this" for me.

I love Ellis' reaction to the DC blanket from his newsletter(he also talked a bit about Castlevania but you'll have to subscibe to him because I won't share it):
I have absolutely no idea why DC Comics might randomly send me a blanket, unless of course they supposed that post-Brexit I may need it for warmth and shelter. They may well be right, after all.

Messi

You guys hyping it makes me want to get back in but what I read was sooooooo bleak and depressing, it's like watching Roman Reigns celebrate a championship on a monthly basis.

Oh it's bleak alright. If you are looking for anything else go somewhere else.

It's lazy Sunday time. A light rain outside, me curled up with the dogs re-reading Gaiman's American Gods. Pizza on the way. Good times.

Have you read Ocean at the end of the lane yet? I would be remiss if I didn't mention that Gaiman was tweeting that its super cheap in kindle today and I love it. It's been forever since I read AG though.

Have you read Ocean at the end of the lane yet? I would be remiss if I didn't mention that Gaiman was tweeting that its super cheap in kindle today and I love it. It's been forever since I read AG though.
I have it but haven't read it yet. I haven't read books in so long I have a hefty backlog. Comics, tv, stream watching, and games have dominated my time lately. But like you it's been forever since I read AG and I want to have it fresh in my mind before the show starts at the end of the month.

I do want to also pick up his Norse book that came out. Seems cool

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
You guys hyping it makes me want to get back in but what I read was sooooooo bleak and depressing, it's like watching Roman Reigns celebrate a championship on a monthly basis.

How far did you get? If it was just the first arc keeping going. I remember having similar issues with the first arc. After that the cast expands and the introduced characters get a lot more nuanced. It doesn't get much happier but it does get infinitely more interesting. If you made it past issue 7 or 8 and still didn't care for it nevermind.

Owzers

How far did you get? If it was just the first arc keeping going. I remember having similar issues with the first arc. After that the cast expands and the introduced characters get a lot more nuanced. It doesn't get much happier but it does get infinitely more interesting.

About seven issues, I liked the lead character but the bleakness...was bleaky.

It's lazy Sunday time. A light rain outside, me curled up with the dogs re-reading Gaiman's American Gods. Pizza on the way. Good times.

Are you going to let your dogs eat pizza?

I have it but haven't read it yet. I haven't read books in so long I have a hefty backlog. Comics, tv, stream watching, and games have dominated my time lately. But like you it's been forever since I read AG and I want to have it fresh in my mind before the show starts at the end of the month.

I do want to also pick up his Norse book that came out. Seems cool

It's really good man, you'll love it. Not too long either! I'm the same though. It's weird, I can devote an hour to a tv series each evening, read a trade, play an hour of a game etc daily, but with an actual novel, everything else goes by the way side, or I just can't read it, there's no chapter a day or anything. I find novels really mentally consuming though in a way I don't with other media, I spend a lot of time thinking about a book I'm reading when I'm away from it. So I go a long time but then I'll read like 4 novels in a row ha. Good idea though, wish I'd thought to read AG before the show, I forgot it was coming no soon honestly.

About seven issues, I liked the lead character but the bleakness...was bleaky.

It gets preeetty dark haha

ITSMILNER

Read the first volume of IDW's Ghostbusters ongoing and I liked it, humour and tone matched the films and I really liked the art and the hidden Easter eggs.

Anyone read this series? I also have the first volume of there TMNT ongoing to read next

It never got over the hump from "I kinda like this" to "I really like this" for me.

I'll admit that I'm a Spurrier fanboy, and as such, I like it more than I should. Also, I love werewolves. But I do think it's pretty good, despite the art being not the best. It's not as good a mini as Six Gun Gorilla or Numbercruncher, though.

Same. It got to a point where it was so weird that I couldn't reconcile it. I still have no idea what the plot was.

The zeitgeist, man, duh. Yeah, I know. But I am ok with understanding up to only maybe 80 or 90 percent of a comic as long as I enjoy it and finding it intriguing. Still, sometimes I bow out of things that I can't understand well enough. That's what happened to me with East of West.

I also have the first volume of there TMNT ongoing to read next

This is a pretty great book. Like, super light and digestable but totally hits all the spots you want it to. Every time I read TMNT, it manages to hit all the things I loved as a kid, but it's written at a nice level for all ages, both my kid and I read it and enjoyed it. They play with the lore in cool ways too.

ITSMILNER

This is a pretty great book. Like, super light and digestable but totally hits all the spots you want it to. Every time I read TMNT, it manages to hit all the things I loved as a kid, but it's written at a nice level for all ages, both my kid and I read it and enjoyed it. They play with the lore in cool ways too.

Nice, I used to watch TMNT and GB as a kid also so reading them invokes those nostalgia feels. TMNT looks like a fun book so look forward to getting stuck in

Nice, I used to watch TMNT and GB as a kid also so reading them invokes those nostalgia feels. TMNT looks like a fun book so look forward to getting stuck in

I'm only 4 volumes in so far, my only complain thus far is the artist change in ovlume 4, but it changes again after that so not too worried. It's odd, I'm the exact same as you, I was a Turtles and Real ghostbusters kid all day long, and arguably much more into GB but I just don't feel the same pull to check out the GB stuff. It's probably just that Turtles has comic roots already (I read the mirage stuff as a kid). I think there's quite a few fans of TMNT in the thread though, and the Transformers stuff.

26 minutes to Metal.

p023d90l.jpg

WrestleMania Sunday, another step in my wrestling-induced coma.

At least I have next week off. Although it looks like I could be made redundant soon so that could well be moot.

ElNarez

Banned
It's an event that involves HAWKMAN, MR. TERRIFIC, THE GRANT MORRISON BATMAN RUN AND THE SOURCE WALL.

Guys I am so fucking in right now.

Really excited for Metal, it sounds like it's going to be tons of fun.

Also, this whole announcement makes a mockery of "artists don't sell books." Capullo drawing Batman again will sell gangbusters.

Top Bottom