• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Launches Early 2018 (PS4)

Rippa

I have a feeling that this game will have great HDR implementation. It will more than likely force me into finally buying a 4K TV. Beautiful all around!

ActWan

Oh, and I was kinda bummed out by the giant snake coming up only to want to help them, instead to fight them lol.
It seems the story will actually be good this time around, and since it also seems to be a heavy focus of the game, I'm glad.

And, where is the dude that said they built everything from the ground up and last years demo was a fake etc etc?

Looks amazing, but I wish it was a demo rather than a mishmash of footage.

Gotta save something for PSX, right? This trailer was made to announce a release window rather than show us more gameplay. But I have to admit...what they showed was fantastic. We got a glimpse at how a combat against a small group of enemies work, the boat system, different weapons and clothes and a little of context.

Can't-wait.

Ame

After watching that, I hope early 2018 means January, but it's most likely gonna be March as is tradition with GoW.

Oh, and I was kinda bummed out by the giant snake coming up only to want to help them, instead to fight them lol.
It seems the story will actually be good this time around, and since it also seems to be a heavy focus of the game, I'm glad.

Lol the kid made the theme clear: Some people or giant serpents want to help. Kratos gotta learn

Artdayne

what GoW have you been playing all these years or were you just zoning out whenever debate over GoW and how "casual friendly" it's always been vs. a game like DMC would be going on? I can't w/ some of y'all. It's either nostalgia messing with your addled minds or you are just being grumpy geezers... xD

i mean wasn't GoW the original "QTE-fest" according to hecklers? LOL

The game may have invented QTEs. It's certainly the first game I remember using them.

carlsojo

I bet this releases pretty close to Horizon's release date this next year. Sell early, keeps selling consoles all year long.

Tagg9

Cory Barlog just mentioned in his interview with Geoff that all of the footage shown is from the regular PS4. It will look even better on PS4 Pro.

Floody

That was on standard Ps4, not Pro by the way, looked better than literally every Xbox One X game, shows how important 1st party are to justify hardware.

Man.. I love the facial expressions when he chops that things head off or when he slams down that huge firey troll staff thing. So angry and detailed. Frickin awesome.

vivekTO

tAVgiDx.gif

Sorry to kill your internet :p

B.O.O.M

ALL my worries about the combat went out the door. Cory and his team delivered. That shit looked so damn satisfying.

and

JORMUNGAND! 0_0 I fanboyed the fuck out when I saw it...and when I realized it said it wanted to help. It's like a new Gaia but a million times cooler

and FENRIR!

ALL my worries about the combat went out the door. Cory and his team delivered. That shit looked so damn satisfying.

and

JORMUNGAND! 0_0 I fanboyed the fuck out when I saw it...and when I realized it said it wanted to help. It's like a new Gaia but a million times cooler

and FAFNIR!
Yeeeeap. I got chills when he said he wants to help. Ragnarok is going to happen in this game and it is going to be glorious.

B.O.O.M

All footage was regular PS4, Cory confirms.

Pretty fucking impressive.

Cory said footage is on regular PS4...I'm sure that was the same for Days Gone.

WOW!

Cory Barlog just mentioned in his interview with Geoff that all of the footage shown is from the regular PS4. It will look even better on PS4 Pro.

The absolute madmen! for real!? I almost don't wanna believe it..

Wollan

Loved that the Norse God (Fenrir wolf was shown during this speech but might not be him) was evaluating Kratos Greek Pantheon heritage. Voice actor seemed familiar.

Combat and visuals looks so so satisfying. Lots of meaty gameplay seemingly.

Kopite

I feel the camera is a little too close to Kratos, it should step back a litte.

Not a fan of some of the NPCs seeming to have modern joks/lines, feels out of place.

Other then that, looking forward to it but I'll be surprised if it matches the first two for me.

Looks good but 3 things annoy me

- the over the shoulder camera at a lot of points

- the fact that this is Kratos and not just a new character

- that I'll be having to listen to that shit bird kid for the entire game as Sony Santa Monica tries to appeal to the lowest common denominator of emotions

B.O.O.M

Yeeeeap. I got chills when he said he wants to help. Ragnarok is going to happen in this game and it is going to be glorious.

;_; It's beautiful man. Let me ride Fenrir into war! To hell with you Asgard!

also great work with the gifs Vivek and Sunhi!

Top Bottom