• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fishing Resort new trailer [Wii/XSEED/Prope] - open-world fishing

Nice! I think you guys'll get some serious game time out of it. The world isn't overwhelmingly large, but it has great variety and all the fish/activities give you some serious value for your money. Hope you guys have fun with it.

As for the motion plus, it's not required, but I think it does add something if you have it. Just make sure the rumble feature is turned on whatever you use (so that you can feel the fish biting). And it'd be lovely if you would recommend it or give it as a gift (play it first, though, to make sure you like it). Word of mouth has really helped with this game, so thank you. ^_^

stlobus

I got my copy in yesterday and spent 5 hours with it last night and already at 2.5 hours tonight. This game is great. Just went trolling for my first time and loved it. Thank you, Xseed, for giving me a reason to use my Wii again!

Retishi

XSEED Sales
And who is the composer? Isn't the Prope composer nicknamed YAM or something? Who worked on Let's Tap and Ivy?

Just checked with Prope, apparently the music for Fishing Resort was split between two guys; Yasuko Yamada of reeb, and Koji Yamada of B.B.STUDIO (not sure if they are related since "Yamada" is about as common as "Smith" is here).

Most of the music for Ivy the Kiwi? was done by a Prope employee named Takase-san, though yam did help out. Let's Tap had multiple composers, of which yam was one of them.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Your profile doesn't say what country you are in but if you are in the US, Walmart militantly refuses to carry it (at least according to their web site).

I'm Canadian and was going with the info on this page. There's always something odd or old at the displays there. Chances are good that this game is there.

Kazerei

Banned
I'm Canadian too, and I've checked all four Wal-Marts and one Toys R Us in the Kitchener-Waterloo area. Still can't find it :(

H.Pro, would you be able to find out what the product SKU number is for the game at either store? One of the Wal-Mart sales reps said if he had the SKU, he could look it up in the system.

neeksleep

I'm Canadian too, and I've checked all four Wal-Marts and one Toys R Us in the Kitchener-Waterloo area. Still can't find it :(

H.Pro, would you be able to find out what the product SKU number is for the game at either store? One of the Wal-Mart sales reps said if he had the SKU, he could look it up in the system.

I'm in Canada too in Brantford. I called almost every GS from london to burlington, and none of them had it. Your best bet is to get it off amazon like I did. If you do find it though, you're in for a treat!

Now I want this on Wii U so I can look at a small aquarium of the fish (or god damn large seaweed) I caught in the day on the U-pad, or a quick reference for where to find the fish I've already caught.

Zarovitch

I'm a Canadian and i buy it from amazon.com not .ca

I've got some trouble in the game when it came to hook the fish with the lure.
When a fish bites, The Wiimote vibrate then i lift the pole but rarely i got the fish, is it normal? I don't think i lift the pole too late, is there a trick or something?

Meier

I've got some trouble in the game when it came to hook the fish with the lure.
When a fish bites, The Wiimote vibrate then i lift the pole but rarely i got the fish, is it normal? I don't think i lift the pole too late, is there a trick or something?

The lure fishing is definitely a bit more difficult in this respect. It seems like if the lure is deeper, it's a little harder to set the hook. Sometimes it just takes multiple "yanks" upwards to get it set. Keep at it, you'll get there. You'll definitely still miss one or two though as it remains a bit unpredictable from my experience.

I was shocked when I saw the game hadn't scored all that well on metacritic. Most of the reviews complained the game was too slow. What did they expect? I don't think it's fair to include that as a criticism worthy of deducting multiple points when fishing by and large can be slow. Oh well, their loss!

Got the game in the other day from Amazon. I really like the build of the fishing rod controller, but I don’t know if I’ll use it that much. Still, as far as remote accessories go, this is certainly the best I’ve seen. The game itself is fun, and subscribes to the same sensibilities that games like Go Vacation and Xenoblade have (warp to places you’ve found, easy to save, easy to keep track of quests, etc). I have to agree with others that have said it is more enjoyable than Skyward Sword. It has the little details that make the difference. Motionplus for the rod is neat, and the graphics have been good so far (sunsets are killer). I like the different lure and bait setups and having all the user tools (saving, fish book, etc) in one room is very nice. Overall I highly recommend the game for the price.

I'm Canadian and was going with the info on this page. There's always something odd or old at the displays there. Chances are good that this game is there.

I'll check and see if I can't get that for you two from Sales. Sorry it's so hard to find... :(

I'm in Canada too in Brantford. I called almost every GS from london to burlington, and none of them had it. Your best bet is to get it off amazon like I did. If you do find it though, you're in for a treat!

Now I want this on Wii U so I can look at a small aquarium of the fish (or god damn large seaweed) I caught in the day on the U-pad, or a quick reference for where to find the fish I've already caught.

Amazon does seem to be the most sure way to track it down. But, as I said before a few pages back, the more people that get it, the greater our chance for getting reorders/store interest in it and therefore more Fishing Resorts would be set free in the wild (and consequently easier to find)! :D

Thanks for all the effort that you guys have made. I'm glad the game seems to be worth it for you. :)

Still no word about a PAL release?

It's not up to us, I'm afraid. We only have the NA right, so can't help you there. (I'm sorry!) Some have imported it, though. ^_^

Got the game in the other day from Amazon. I really like the build of the fishing rod controller, but I don’t know if I’ll use it that much. Still, as far as remote accessories go, this is certainly the best I’ve seen. The game itself is fun, and subscribes to the same sensibilities that games like Go Vacation and Xenoblade have (warp to places you’ve found, easy to save, easy to keep track of quests, etc). I have to agree with others that have said it is more enjoyable than Skyward Sword. It has the little details that make the difference. Motionplus for the rod is neat, and the graphics have been good so far (sunsets are killer). I like the different lure and bait setups and having all the user tools (saving, fish book, etc) in one room is very nice. Overall I highly recommend the game for the price.

Thank you for supporting it! And, it's more enjoyable than Skyward Sword? High praise indeed! Is this perhaps your amazon review? :D

Also, a player pointed out a bit back (was that you, Philia?) that if you go and sit down on the beach chairs and wait, something magical happens. I love little details like that.

Let her play, man! Fishing Resort sex is best sex.

Is it? Perhaps we should add that endorsement to the box. ;)

Philia

Also, a player pointed out a bit back (was that you, Philia?) that if you go and sit down on the beach chairs and wait, something magical happens. I love little details like that.

Nah, it wasn't me. :D I'd never thought of sitting in a chair lol! I'm too much of a go getter to relax!

BY THE WAY... OMG. BY THE WAY...

glEo4.jpg

Who ever DID THIS should be slapped in the face. THIS FISH IS NOT IN THE EYELET. OH NO. ALOTS of people had been searching all over the EYELET for this fish when its not even there! We found it in the Red Windmill. o.o'

We dunno if its you guys translating it straight from Prope or you guys just misread it wrong. ;_____;

Just checked with Prope, apparently the music for Fishing Resort was split between two guys; Yasuko Yamada of reeb, and Koji Yamada of B.B.STUDIO (not sure if they are related since "Yamada" is about as common as "Smith" is here).
I have a hunch regarding Koji Yamada, actually. PROPE made Fishing Resort alongside Bandai's series of Go! games (in this case; Go! Vacation), and they possibly have had some staff interplay between titles. The Koji Yamada at Namco-Bandai (assuming this is him, lol) worked on some old Artdink games and games like Digimon World 1 (http://vgmdb.net/artist/6145), and Yasuko Yamada of Reeb is an old participant in game music since the days when Scitron first started publishing their own game music albums. At any rate, I haven't yet heard the soundtrack, but I hope it gets an album release.

—I've also never heard of B.B.STUDIO in any of my game credits searches, so I've begun to ponder those initials.

Philia

Video Games Plus is carrying it in Ontario. Stores in Mississauga and North York and online as well.

Thought I share this info for you Canadians from another member who saw your plight but couldn't post? Hope this helps.

Arialis

Neo Member
Hey all!

1. Just wanted to say thanks to H.Protagonist for her mention of the game. I was considering buying it from Amazon and did some research before I spent my money and stumbled on her threads raving about it. So glad I did!! My 3 sons and I are constantly playing this now.

2. THANK YOU!! to Philia for your walkthrough/fishing list, its been nice to have a fallback when I get frustrated from not finding a fish.

3. I'm having trouble finding the Bowfin. I've gone to the north side of the Red Windmill, and I can't seem to find these lillypads that he hides around. I found some lillypads far north, but the game calls that area Dua Ribu Eyelet (West). I know I must be blind, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of these lillypads lol

Philia

Hey all!

1. Just wanted to say thanks to H.Protagonist for her mention of the game. I was considering buying it from Amazon and did some research before I spent my money and stumbled on her threads raving about it. So glad I did!! My 3 sons and I are constantly playing this now.

2. THANK YOU!! to Philia for your walkthrough/fishing list, its been nice to have a fallback when I get frustrated from not finding a fish.

3. I'm having trouble finding the Bowfin. I've gone to the north side of the Red Windmill, and I can't seem to find these lillypads that he hides around. I found some lillypads far north, but the game calls that area Dua Ribu Eyelet (West). I know I must be blind, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of these lillypads lol

Your welcome!!! :D

Its there. FAR north of Red Windmill/West of Dua Ribu Eyelet yeah. Those lily pads. The game's a little weird about what to call that area. Because ingame the bowfin is marked to be found in Red Windmill, but yet it'll be found there in "west of Dua Ribu Eyelet". Several people can confirm this. Also, the bowfin looks a lot like a snakehead though. Just watch out for them! :)

Arialis

Neo Member
Your welcome!!! :D

Its there. FAR north of Red Windmill/West of Dua Ribu Eyelet yeah. Those lily pads. The game's a little weird about what to call that area. Because ingame the bowfin is marked to be found in Red Windmill, but yet it'll be found there in "west of Dua Ribu Eyelet". Several people can confirm this. Also, the bowfin looks a lot like a snakehead though. Just watch out for them! :)

Thank you again!! I just caught him right where you said he was :) S rank 2.54 ft

Retishi

XSEED Sales
I have a hunch regarding Koji Yamada, actually. PROPE made Fishing Resort alongside Bandai's series of Go! games (in this case; Go! Vacation), and they possibly have had some staff interplay between titles. The Koji Yamada at Namco-Bandai (assuming this is him, lol) worked on some old Artdink games and games like Digimon World 1 (http://vgmdb.net/artist/6145), and Yasuko Yamada of Reeb is an old participant in game music since the days when Scitron first started publishing their own game music albums.

I think your hunch here is probably correct as PROPE did tell us that Namco Bandai handled the music for Fishing Resort when they gave us the composer names.

Love this game by the way! sleeper hit of 2011 for me! Hope there will be a sequel next gen!

:D Hurray! Let's hope it sells well, then!

It is now. Also, to anybody lurking the thread - get the game now and save yourself the trouble of making it harder to find later.

I like this idea. ^_^ (And thank you for posting that! You wouldn't believe how much help Amazon reviews are to potential buyers. Really appreciate it!)

Nah, it wasn't me. :D I'd never thought of sitting in a chair lol! I'm too much of a go getter to relax!

BY THE WAY... OMG. BY THE WAY...

glEo4.jpg

Who ever DID THIS should be slapped in the face. THIS FISH IS NOT IN THE EYELET. OH NO. ALOTS of people had been searching all over the EYELET for this fish when its not even there! We found it in the Red Windmill. o.o'

We dunno if its you guys translating it straight from Prope or you guys just misread it wrong. ;_____;

Nice! Finally! Sorry it was such a pain to find, but the translations were fairly straight-forward, so it could just be a fish that moves over a wide area, but tends towards the Red Windmill. Please add that to your fish list (I'm sure you've already done this, though). :p

Let's just put it this way...playing Fishing Resort answered this question for me:

MermaidofFish.jpg

And you can quote me!

Hahaha... ahhh, I bet we'd sell more this way...

Hey all!

Aww... Thank you, too. :) I'm glad my mad ravings have produced fruit. You are all wonderful fruit! And stick with Philia for anything Fishing Resort-related. She's the World Champion expert/fish finder. ^_-

Got my copy from Amazon last week, and homebrewed my Wii on the weekend so I can play it on my PAL console.

Played a little last night, and loved it :D

I would have kept playing, but my Xanax kicked in, and I was feeling pretty groggy :p

One thing that annoyed me was there was no instructions on how to set up the Fishing Rod Controller. Took me @10 minutes to work out the back comes off so you can fit in the Motion Plus and some of the cable from the nunchuck :lol:

Philia

LOL! I'm no World Champion now!

A9ske.jpg

:D Also I want to point out that all of the fish has been found and my faq has updated properly on this. FINALLY.

I also see that XSeed forums is getting a makeover. o.o'

Did anyone have any luck in kayak racing??????? I swear I'm doing poorly in them.

PBGamer89

Neo Member
The Dunkleosteus can't be that impossible can it? Been trolling for what feels like 15 days and only saw it once a few days ago. When I did see it, I lost it within a minute of fighting.

H. Protagonist, can you offer any insight to this monster? It's my last fish to catch!

Retishi

XSEED Sales
One thing that annoyed me was there was no instructions on how to set up the Fishing Rod Controller. Took me @10 minutes to work out the back comes off so you can fit in the Motion Plus and some of the cable from the nunchuck :lol:

Yeah, really sorry about that. There was a mix-up at the controller factory in China so that the instructions we provided were never printed and inserted into the bundle box. By the time we realized what had happened, all the Wii discs had already been dropped into the bundle box at our distributor in the States, and we couldn't go back into each box to insert the instructions. Hopefully posting the instructions on our website helped.

I have been trying to access the forum. It's down? or I can't access because I'm in China? : (

Yep, still down right now, but H.Pro is hard at work sending her hoard of digital minions in to fight off the viral invaders. We will post on our Twitter and FB accounts when our forums are back up.

Wow, just realized how incompetent we must sound...

lacinius

So Fishing Resort is just a little bit cheaper to bring to Canada via Amazon.com, as the import fee has been reduced:

Subject Refund on order 103-9746749-081
From "Amazon.com" <payments-messages@amazon.com>
Date Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:12 pm

Hello,

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $2.16 for your Order 103-9746749-081.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Fishing Resort with Fishing Rod Controller
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B005JU9GM4
Reason for refund: Export fee reduced

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Import Fee Deposit Refund: $2.16

But Fishing Resort is well worth it regardless!! :)

adroit

Google now says "This site may be compromised" if you Google "XSEED games". When I clicked the forums link it redirected me to a Canadian pharmaceuticals web site. Ouch.

Flunkie

Banned
Damn. Is it bad that I want to buy a Wii for this game?

I'll be tempted to if it comes stateside. It's only out in Japan now, right?

Philia

Damn. Is it bad that I want to buy a Wii for this game?

I'll be tempted to if it comes stateside. It's only out in Japan now, right?

UM. Its out IN STATESIDE since November of last year! Copies are hard to find though. Search high and low.

Philia

Yep. I couldn't find a standalone copy for 20 but its still a steal at 30. Just look around for this type of box in the store.

fishing_resort_wii_sao-con.jpg

Philia

So... HAVE ANYONE HERE gotten all of the fish besides me???

I'm working on S ranking them. I managed to get 130 of them so far. 70ish more to go lol.

Aselith

So... HAVE ANYONE HERE gotten all of the fish besides me???

I'm working on S ranking them. I managed to get 130 of them so far. 70ish more to go lol.
I've gotten all the ones you got ONLY DOUBLE. No need to prove it, my word is true.

Philia

I've gotten all the ones you got ONLY DOUBLE. No need to prove it, my word is true.

WUT. You DOUBT ME? MEEEE???? OH ITS ON DUDE.

Rlm9m.jpg

LOL, I got 61 more to go. Them legends are gonna take a WHILE to S rank. I got lucky recently with Acanthodes. :D

m3dai.jpg

Hope they make a next gen sequel for this game. Its amazing what this team got out of the Wii. A Wii U version that uses the tablet controller screen could show an underwater view! This is definitely the sleeper hit of 2010. Hope it sells well enough to justify a sequel!

Zarovitch

Hope they make a next gen sequel for this game. Its amazing what this team got out of the Wii. A Wii U version that uses the tablet controller screen could show an underwater view! This is definitely the sleeper hit of 2010. Hope it sells well enough to justify a sequel!

I hope for a sequel too even if i have not finished this one :)
The tablet could be a sonar when you are fishing on a boat.
And next time they could add fly fishing.

T__T I can't get the really big fish (or fishes) on the lake and I have tried a lot of type of baits... And the forum it's down.

I'm planning on writing a small article for a spanish website (Yeah, english is not my first language haha)

I hope more friends get this game, even if I don't know too much about fishing but I feel like I can improve...

Top Bottom