• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Am I bad for playing with sound muted?

No
Because I play the game muted as well

This brings up a question I have. Am I insane for thinking that the sound design in this game is off? The music is fine, but I refer to the battle sounds, nothing sounds like it should.

This is the second time the Baby event has been available for me. I farmed up Baby Vegeta last time and ignored the PHY Goten. Is he worth devoting time to now? My PHY team right now...

Leader: PHY SSGSS Vegeta
SSJ Trunks
Xeno Trunks (soon to be dokkaned at max SA)
SSJ2 Goku (waiting for max level to dokkan)

The last two spots I usually rotate, but I have Fatenks, Majin Buu (dokkaned), Syn Shenron, Goku (The Weight Of Hope), and the SSGSS Goku that was on Baba's Shop last year.

Can anyone offer me some advice on who I should run for a PHY team?

Goten is a great battery since his SSR passive gives you +3 ki and should link well with who you have so far.

The rates for pulling Gohan... On a double rate banner:
0.086%

Just not sure why they'd even do this. Even the whaliest whale is gonna go LOL nope, unless you're an actual millionaire and money is meaningless to you. It just feels sleazy and/or pointless. On the other hand, if he's gonna be on every single banner, it'll just be nice to pull him if it ever happens... just don't ever chase him or count on it. Took me 6550 stones on the simulator, and some people double that.

I do wonder about the future of this game though, power creep seems to just be increasing exponentially at this rate.

MiTYH

So as someone who's only now getting to some of the SS events, I have to say, waiting for gods was the right call. When Vegeta came out, I couldn't beat it at all, let alone without using a stone. But with Godtenks friend? Just get a R/SR team, wait for Godtenks, prosper. Links are there too, it works so well.

Used Buuhan over my INT stunning team for the new TEQ Trunks, and now SV to finish up some Tao medals. It's ridiculously easy, and I thank Bandai for that

Also, those rates for LR Gohan are laughable. I guess he's be summonable literally any time? But still, goddamn

Meneses

Just not sure why they'd even do this. Even the whaliest whale is gonna go LOL nope, unless you're an actual millionaire and money is meaningless to you. It just feels sleazy and/or pointless. On the other hand, if he's gonna be on every single banner, it'll just be nice to pull him if it ever happens... just don't ever chase him or count on it. Took me 6550 stones on the simulator, and some people double that.

I do wonder about the future of this game though, power creep seems to just be increasing exponentially at this rate.

If LR Gohan is just lurking on every banner and is more like a "Surprise! You pulled him!" it makes it slightly less shitty.

But I mean, all the LRs so far have been an extreme grind version of every facet of the game, it would make sense for them to keep that extreme grind in summons too. Of course, it's still sleazier because summons are not infinitely free and eventually have to be paid for.

If LR Gohan is just lurking on every banner and is more like a "Surprise! You pulled him!" it makes it slightly less shitty.

But I mean, all the LRs so far have been an extreme grind version of every facet of the game, it would make sense for them to keep that extreme grind in summons too. Of course, it's still sleazier because summons are not infinitely free and eventually have to be paid for.
Not to mention a lot harder to get SA20...And unlock the dupe nodes thing. Might save my roshies and elder Kais for LR Gohan now.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Could I get some tips on building a good low cost team with my box for strike events?

I've read around that the best strategy is basically taking a few good units with double god leads?

Edit: also I've tried searching what the different damage types mean on supers, but I haven't been able to find any concrete answers, like how much stronger is immense compared to supreme etc.

Lol don't do that

Don't do that because odds are good you will never get him. Just play the game.
I don't currently have any units that would benefit greatly from them :p. And I have like 18 total at the moment lol. If I through the grace of God somehow manage to pull Omega then I'll up him. But I likely won't. So if I somehow get a SSJ4 I'll use them on him, but again likely won't...I hate my pulls :(

Cruxist

I'm banking on this. Plus, I'm really not that enthused about Gohan. I don't have a particularly impressive backlog of INT characters. I've got around 150 stones from the Boss Rush + event that I'll save for the next Teq leader since I have a great group of characters there.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just did a bunch of pulls on the sim and got the new Gohan on my 5,000 stone spent. So yeah, good luck.

Could I get some tips on building a good low cost team with my box for strike events?

I've read around that the best strategy is basically taking a few good units with double god leads?

Edit: also I've tried searching what the different damage types mean on supers, but I haven't been able to find any concrete answers, like how much stronger is immense compared to supreme etc.

Not sure on the exact numbers, but it's Huge < Extreme < Supreme < Immense < something. It's basically a higher multiplier.

For strikes, you just want to grab a friend god lead of the appropriate type and fill your team with low-cost units, preferably with some utility (giving ki, stunning, sealing, blocking, that kind of thing). As your own leader, set the lowest-cost +ki leader you have (Fattenks and Skinnytenks un-awakened cost like, 4, it's nuts. King Vegeta is another good one). It really doesn't matter too much, as long your friend god lead gets supers off, the fight will be over quickly.

Meneses

For strikes, you just want to grab a friend god lead of the appropriate type and fill your team with low-cost units, preferably with some utility (giving ki, stunning, sealing, blocking, that kind of thing). As your own leader, set the lowest-cost +ki leader you have (Fattenks and Skinnytenks un-awakened cost like, 4, it's nuts. King Vegeta is another good one). It really doesn't matter too much, as long your friend god lead gets supers off, the fight will be over quickly.

This is my strategy as well.

Alternatively, if you like living on the edge, just go with 2 god leads and 5 saibamen.

edit: Skinnytenks fits in a double God team, I did it a few times like that lol So, 4 Saibamen :p

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Double god lead with saibamen works for pretty much anything other than the type they are weak to. Double Vegito will work on pretty much anything that isn't teq. I use double Gotenks with skinnytenks for the agi strikes.

RedSnake

Reroll as soon as you don't get the units. Gogeta is the way to go or Omega Shenron. Their leader skills make Z hard pretty trivial for the first few mission worlds.

Do the events when you have an account you are gonna stick with for the long term.

It's up to you, Gogeta is a great card to start with, but you should be fine without if you don't want to reroll. Just in general don't spend a lot of stones on banners unless it's a dokkan festival (like the OS/Gogeta banner) or a guaranteed SSR banner.

Thanks guys!

Guess I'll keep rerolling untill Gogeta or OS show up!

RedSnake

Just pulled Omega Shenron!

Can I finally start playing or should I instead go get a Gogeta?

Edit: And sorry for asking noob questions constantly :(

Its better to ask questions and not regret stuff later on and we are always here to help. :)

You should start playing now with Omega. Save your stones for the SSB Vegito and SS Rose Black banner coming down soon. Id pull a few times to see if you get some other good units and buff up your team. Dont spend more than 200 stones on this banner is my advice and hopefully you pull Gogeta.

Just play the game imo. Try to get as many STR units as you can and just shove them in your Omega-led team and plow through Quest mode for free Dragon Stones, and do some more pulls. Don't spend all your stones on this banner, a month and change from now we'll have a banner with all the top units on it, and a little after that 2 banners with all the leaders and new top-tier units (Rose and Blue Vegito). Quest mode is kind of a boring grind but necessary for the stones and rank EXP. Try to collect the dragonballs the first time you see them, they're pretty important too. If you see a dragonball after a STOP fight, save a roll for it (ex: if there's a DB 2 tiles after a STOP fight, just save a 2).

thanks for the tips, I don't have either -tenks though so I'll try the saibamen thing.

I think that strike goes up Friday, so I'd highly recommend at least grabbing 1 skinny/fattenks from the first stage. Useful even un-awakened.

Man, Omega Shenron friends helped me get my Broly "God Lead" dokkan'd. I threw in some elder kais on him but I dunno if that was a good choice yet lol.

Anoregon

Shit, global is getting a generic non-dokkan Str banner next. It's gonna be hard for me to not throw stones at since I still have a couple weak spots on my omega team.

WT getting postponed until nobody knows when.

Global already barren enough as is damn.

Have you farmed Gems for any Cards you want in baba shop(or ones you don't want but can sell for points) and the elder kai/supreme kai awakening medals? And GT farmed two Vegeta to SA 10, one to keep Un-DA and the other to DA? If you already had a DA Vegeta did you farm GT to get baby medals in perpetration to further DA him? Did you Farm Omega Shenron(if you pulled him)? Have you gotten 14 medals for Future Trunks, Xeno Trunks, and Tao, as well as 15 of each of them?

If so, damn son you ain't got nuthin to do lol.

What team did you guys do for OS? Did you mono AGL? If so, what did you use(with does not involve OS).

Baby vegeta dokkans further...? *sigh*

Also do story events return? I want to farm pan medals for when the fusions banner comes around.

In the future, yah. At the moment just Dokkans once on Global.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Baby vegeta dokkans further...? *sigh*

Also do story events return? I want to farm pan medals for when the fusions banner comes around.

Ah thank god for the WT postponement. I hope it starts after GDC/PAX pls.
And the Gundam Versus beta :3

Accepted the request. Good luck farming man.

In other JP news. Farming SSB Vegito Medals. SSJ4 makes the battle a bit of a joke. Especially if I'm lucky enough to get a friend SSJ4 thats Dokkaned.

SSJ4 Vegeta makes everything super easy. I've had no issues running through all the dokkan events.

Meneses

Global is really freaking dire right now (for longtime players, at least). Hopefully the WT being postponed means they're bringing one of the new features over sooner, like the dupe system.

Or something.

Anything.

yogloo

Global is really freaking dire right now (for longtime players, at least). Hopefully the WT being postponed means they're bringing one of the new features over sooner, like the dupe system.

Or something.

Anything.
Japan went through the same period as well around this time.

Or something.

Anything.

That would be nice. I keep hearing about the dupe system, I know players have been anticipating it for a few months. Me personally, I don't mind time to farm a few more stones before the SSB Vegito/Goku Black banner drops. I spent too much on Omega and only got Syn for my trouble.

Meneses

That would be nice. I keep hearing about the dupe system, I know players have been anticipating it for a few months. Me personally, I don't mind time to farm a few more stones before the SSB Vegito/Goku Black banner drops. I spent too much on Omega and only got Syn for my trouble.

Ahhh, to still have stones to farm... good times :p

idk man, I haven't been around as long as some of you (about 3-4 months now) but there's plenty to do for me rn. I only just finished the GT event farm, but I only have 3 Eis cards, I haven't farmed the Vegeta card from his dokkan event at all, I could use some more Brolys from his dokkan event since I still use him on my PHY mono (but he's at SA1), there are strike cards I still need to farm that I haven't had time for, I wouldn't mind just farming Awakening medals from those special stages that are up now but I just can't really spare the stamina... not enough stamina/hours in the day to do it all!

Hopefully WT getting postponed means Goku Black banner drops next week.

Top Bottom