• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity 2: GAF ISLAND [100% Funded]

Stevey

This is cool, I will be able to donate after the 15th of Feb.
There was only 2 islands to claim, wonder who got the other?

Massicot

Hopefully not too obnoxious, but just want to help this stay visible. Seems like there's not a ton of interest maybe.

This is great. I'll probably pitch in some money when I get home from work - just posting to remind myself about this since I have the attention span of a gnat.

I wish we knew more about what the island (turtle) could be like. In terms of size, inhabitation, terrain etc...

Name suggestion:
Great Atoll of Faith (Belive)

We probably need to keep some form of discussion going, so this thread doesn't fall into the murky pits of page 4. If we're to hit our target.

Sou Da

I wish we knew more about what the island (turtle) could be like. In terms of size, inhabitation, terrain etc...

Name suggestion:
Great Atoll of Faith (Belive)

We probably need to keep some form of discussion going, so this thread doesn't fall into the murky pits of page 4. If we're to hit our target.

It'd be a bit easier if we knew what could go on the island exactly.

deleted

I'm game - can't really invest too much, but I'll contribute a little bit at least. It'll be fun to build this :)

Edit: In about a week.

daviyoung

Banned
I knew it!

greatbritain.png

Thats cool because there's some things I dont understand.
Like what do you mean by voted and voiced?
Is the image an actual map of the island we will get?

The image in the OP is just a fancy header. Not the actual island lol. There's no set shape of the island, yet.

"Voted and voiced" means I want everyone on NeoGAF, whether they pledged or not, to give great ideas on what the Island should be about. Then, I want the top ideas to be put to a vote and passed along to Obsidian. Last time, when creating the Inn, Obsidian send a huge sets of instructions on what we can customize and what we cannot. And also to provide a description/lore of the Inn. From there on forth, it was created.

Here's how the Inn's construction took place: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=719745

Remember, this is yours and everyone else's project, I'm just handling the coordination and ensuring finances are sent to Obsiaidn.

_Clash_

The image in the OP is just a fancy header. Not the actual island lol. There's no set shape of the island, yet.

"Voted and voiced" means I want everyone on NeoGAF, whether they pledged or not, to give great ideas on what the Island should be about. Then, I want the top ideas to be put to a vote and passed along to Obsidian. Last time, when creating the Inn, Obsidian send a huge sets of instructions on what we can customize and what we cannot. And also to provide a description/lore of the Inn. From there on forth, it was created.

Here's how the Inn's construction took place: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=719745

Remember, this is yours and everyone else's project, I'm just handling the coordination and ensuring finances are sent to Obsiaidn.

great stuff, thanks for doing this

Stevey

Thanks for explaining.

Mik2121

This sounds like a great idea. I have PoE but haven't played much because of a lack of time, but I'm really looking forward to a GAF island!

Sou Da

I should start linking here per backer update. Either that or we need to reach SA/Codex moderator sponsored shill levels.

Lister

Banned
I already threw in $25, should be able to throw in another $25 next week.

How about a mystery pirate island?

A secret cove, base of operations for the dread pirate laforge, who disappeared mysteriously after plundering a Valian galley heavy ladened with Golden Suoles.

You stumble on the island, figure out this was his hidden base, and find out what happened after the plundering of the Valian Galley. A double cross? A spirit of the sea disturbed? A curse? Retribution from the Valian merchant who owned the galley?

That would be awesome. Or we need to change the thread title to contain "Pro Boost" and "Switch".

"Console-GAF for $1000 you can have a flag showing which company reigns supreme , let your wallet do the talking"

"Zelda or Horizon, to which game should GAF island give a nod? Let your wallet do the talking"

"You are stranded on the lost GAF island, who will give you company, Idris Elba or Saorise Ronan? Let your wallet do the talking"

We should probably have a more coherent effort to design this island compared to the inn, which was sort of a blink-and-you-miss-it affair. It shouldn't stick out as being something that was obviously backer made, but it would also hopefully be less generic.

Top Bottom