• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Capcom have a good E3? Your Expectations? List of upcoming & rumored titles.

Grief.exe

Never count Capcom out, they always have the potential to drop bombs.

I'm particularly excited for Remake 2 since I enjoyed my first experience with the recent Remake port.

Jawmuncher

I am looking forward to see if Broken Horizon is a Lost Planet Game. But it seems no one mentioned it in this thread

From what I know the other games were just pitches and Knights of Aegis was the only one that moved forward from being just a pitch. Things could've changed though.

I'm really hoping they don't fuck up the Resident Evil 2 remake. If it is anything less than the REmake treatment I'd honestly cry. I've been more and more disappointed with them as a company that I don't know what to expect anymore so not messing this up would be lovely.

Although, while I know it'll never happen, a Viewtiful Joe 3 announcement would be incredible.

Miker

I've had far too little interaction with the Capcom #brand over the past few years. Here's hoping they get their shit together for this year.

decisions

I've had far too little interaction with the Capcom #brand over the past few years. Here's hoping they get their shit together for this year.

Right? I always think back to past series I've enjoyed from them and wish that they could find their way again...I still associate Capcom with "good" gameplay, as in some of the best in the entire industry.

BTHR Zero X

From what I know the other games were just pitches and Knights of Aegis was the only one that moved forward from being just a pitch. Things could've changed though.

I have not heard much of any of the 3 that got leaked, I asked the staff I know from when I worked there as a Admin/Mod and they are not saying anything and they are always quick to deny something if it is false.

Hell it was because of Lost Planet why I got that position in the first place lol.

TWILT

Banned
Just MvCI news is what I'm expecting (that'll satisfy me I mean). Playable Dante plssss

I really do hope DMC5 does get announced though. Part of me says it'll probably be announced at TGS instead, but I want to belieeveeee in E3.

TreIII

So everyone's given up on seeing a new Megaman game? Even one based on the cartoon?

There's a part of me that would love nothing than for Capcom to use X and Sigma's appearances in MvCI (as well as being critical to that game's story mode) as an excuse to relaunch the Maverick Hunter X line, starting with a remaster of MHX available for every potential platform.

That said, I don't expect anything of that sort, now or even closer to MM's 30th anniversary later this year.

I want to see MVCI. Some of the other stuff that isn't a last port/remaster/remake seems interesting but I could see some (most) of it not coming to the system I own so it's hard to be hype about it.

Thoraxes

I'm still hoping for an XX announcement and maybe Switch port for western release, with 3DS data transfer. With how well software is selling right now, it'd be rad if they can capitalize on the zeitgeist.

And while I know I'll never see DGS come west in this eternity, I'll sure try to wish it into existience every day.

dunno what I want from them.

Dogma sequel
Onimusha would be good (even better if they can get the same actor as 1-3)
Dino Crisis (Jurassic World did good)

Big0Bear

I want to be hype but recent capcom has been too focused on Dlc making mediocre games. I wish I could say I have high hopes right now but I'm too used to being disappointed

I'm mostly interested in what they might have cooking for Switch, but outside of that a new DMC, RE2 remake, and a new Ominusha would be a successful E3 in my eyes.

For Switch, I'm hoping at the very least for an announcement of MvCI. The spirit of the excellent Vita version of MvC3 deserves to live on. Monster Hunter probably wouldn't be announced at E3 (unless it's on PS4), so I'm not holding out for that. A cool surprise announcement would be a RE mercenaries game, hopefully with a bit more polish this time around.

I wouldn't expect it there to be onest. Between first party updates, new announcements and third parties, I don't think dmc5 would have the deserved exposure. I think psx would be a much better place to announce it.

Just keep the expectations in check ;)

If we are talking what the series deserves, then getting announced at the biggest gaming event of the year is really up there. I love PSX, it's our annual Yakuza event. But Devil May Cry 5 deserves better than that.

Though, I could totally see Capcom not feeling the same way. I mean, last year to them the DMC and its fanbase didn't even deserve the precious 30 seconds that they would've had to spent on writing a happy 15th anniversary message on their twitter accounts. So yeah, I don't think Capcom cares about what DMC or its fans deserve.

Icarus

I'd say MH news, but I'd expect that more to come from Japan (unless it's PS4 or PC related, at which point, the West may be more important).

Other than that, brace for disappointment methinks....

Neoxon

I'm mostly interested in what they might have cooking for Switch, but outside of that a new DMC, RE2 remake, and a new Ominusha would be a successful E3 in my eyes.

For Switch, I'm hoping at the very least for an announcement of MvCI. The spirit of the excellent Vita version of MvC3 deserves to live on. Monster Hunter probably wouldn't be announced at E3 (unless it's on PS4), so I'm not holding out for that. A cool surprise announcement would be a RE mercenaries game, hopefully with a bit more polish this time around.
Don't get your hopes up.
I was told they have hit 1080p/60 on all versions, but they're still in the optimization process. No answers on whether Pro/Scorpio will look better or different. Kind of laughed off a Switch version but said there's nothing to announce at this time (don't get any hopes up, it seemed pretty clearly to be a no.) The producer told me the number one thing they want to avoid is another Moridoom scenario where the game stagnates because of issues they didn't foresee but players found immediately.

Jigorath

Banned
Capcom will announce Devil May Cry 5 with a campaign on par with DMC3 and as many playable characters as DMC4SE.

Then I'll wake up to see Capcom announce 3 more Resident Evil remasters and a new Lost Planet or something.

Don't get your hopes up.
That's a shame. I imagined it'd launch alongside a dpad left joy con that Capcom pushed them to make. They probably determined SFIV 3D only did well because it was there at launch and the lineup was sparse at the time. I was disappointed we never got ultra after Super turned out so well for a launch title.

Maybe we'll get a version with the DLC down the line.

diabl0

5nnk5f1XB.jpg

BELIEVE!

If this is true, then that's as good as confirming DMC5 for E3. Cause there is no way in hell, Capcom would release DMC5's Dante in MvC:I this September, without actually announcing the damn thing beforehand. It just doesn't make any sense. So #DMC5atE3 #BELIEVE

agreed

PantsuJo

I hope for an RE3 Remake announcement, maybe bundled with RE2 Remake.

With my fixed camera and prerendered assets, of course, just like RE Remake and Zero.

Everything else doesn't interest me so much.

Every year Capcom's booth at E3 gets smaller and smaller. I bet soon they will be part of either Sony's or Microsofts booth's and only have 1 game to show.

So everyone's given up on seeing a new Megaman game? Even one based on the cartoon?
I know I have :(. If Capcom cared about Megaman they would've announced something new after the success of the Mighty No. 9 kickstarter but they haven't. I expect that Megaman will live as a cameo and as a compilation of old games for a while before they try to make another small new game like another smartphone Megaman. My only hope right now is the Red Ash game if it's even still alive... the first episode of the ova was promising so hopefully the game is too.

mas8705

Not to rebump this thread, but with the announcement just now for MHXX indeed coming to the Switch, this just made things alot more interesting.

Of course, that still means that we are unlikely to see MH5 now, but this definitely could mean that we may get an announcement for MHXX to the west if they dropped this piece of news weeks before E3.

Dahbomb

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/867923706009407488

New unannounced major Capcom game incoming.

"Itsuno-sama who arth thou at Capcom,
Hallowed be thy controller
Thy mercy come,
Thy game design be done,
in action gaming, as it is stylish
Give us this day our daily action gaming,
and forgive us our scrubbyness,
as we also have forgiven those who are scrubbier.
And lead us not into mediocre action games and another fucking Monster Hunter game....

but deliver us #Devil May Cry 5 .

Amen"

diabl0

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/867923706009407488

New unannounced major Capcom game incoming.

"Itsuno-sama who arth thou at Capcom,
Hallowed be thy controller
Thy mercy come,
Thy game design be done,
in action gaming, as it is stylish
Give us this day our daily action gaming,
and forgive us our scrubbyness,
as we also have forgiven those who are scrubbier.
And lead us not into mediocre action games and another fucking Monster Hunter game….

but deliver us #Devil May Cry 5 .

Amen"

With MHXX announced for Switch, DD remaster, the only logical big title left would be a Devil May Cry title.

I don't understand why Dino Crisis is so popular in these forums. Back on those times I loved anything Capcom released (remember Chaos Legion? Yeah, I loved that too), but even then I thought the Dino Crisis series was a mediocre product born only from the desire of milking the "Dino-mania" Jurassic Park started. Of all the awesome IPs Capcom owns I would never choose something like Dino Crisis to come back. It does not help that I have had enough dinosaurs in my media for a lifetime...

What I'd really love is a new, current-generation, not exclusively multiplayer, Dragon's Dogma. Or something completely new coming from their studios in Japan, at this point that could have a bigger shock effect that a new Megaman game...

DMC5 as inspired by some kind of recent super successful Japanese action RPG dark fantasy subgenre... the kind that Capcom would totally reference as a formula to copy.

With all the genre defining gameplay mechanics..... (030)~

AudioEppa

It's weird, I'm not big on Capcom games. I've maybe played a hand few of them over the years. But for some reason I like them as a company and I hope they have a good E3 show.

Hey maybe they'll have something to catch my interest.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I basically just expect to see REmake 2. That's all I need.

Also, Mega Man X9, Power Stone 3, Dino Crisis 4 and a new Darksiders.

That's all.

Top Bottom