• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

It's kind of crazy Lewis carried on as long as he did with a back injury.

Back injuries are up there amongst the absolute worst injuries to fight with. Don't fault him for wanting out when he gassed.

If he really retires, well, good for Lewis, hope it works out for him and he gets his back sorted.

hqdefault.jpg

Guru-Guru

Banned
The only 2 young fighters in the division in the top 15 (by heavyweight standards) are Volkov, who isn't that good tbh, and Ngannou. Hopefully Ngannou gets a fights against a top 4 opponent soon, though everybody above him already has something lined up (or do they, can't remember?) Maybe give him JDS, or Reem vs Werdum loser?

I think Ngannou looks terrifying but I'm still not convinced he's as good as he's made out to be. I hope he changes my mind with his next performance. I believe he's fighting JDS, which I think is a huge step up in competition.

Legit think Lewis didn't give many fooks. Every recent interview has been he just wants to make a few bucks for his fam , didn't care about climbing the ranks anymore

broz0rs

crazy as it may be, Lewis was on a six fight win streak before gassing out. if he would have beat Hunt, he legitimately could have called for a title shot. that's how bad the HW division is.

Mayweather vs Conor August 26 almost official?

Pretty much. Mayweather's promotional company has booked MGM Grand for the 26th of August and Conor says a big announcement's soon

I feel bad for the OT thread when the fight happens and fans inevitably speculate about who Conor's defending against after this is over, like he'll ever want, desire, or need to fight again after this payday

Fox318

Pretty much. Mayweather's promotional company has booked Madison Square Garden for the 26th of August and Conor says a big announcement's soon

I feel bad for the OT thread when the fight happens and fans inevitably speculate about who Conor's defending against after this is over, like he'll ever want, desire, or need to fight again after this payday
Man that fight is such a crock of shit

FUME5

Unless Mayweather somehow goes broke in the next few years and agrees to a rematch under MMA rules (who knows in this timeline) you've got to think that will be it for Conor and MMA, unless he's still contracted?

If there's one fight Conor comes back for in MMA it's Nate, and even that is unlikely. He could just say his first loss was a fluke (bullshit, I know) that he avenged and that he has nothing left to do in the sport but take that 170 belt (lol) off Woodley, but that's beneath him because reasons.

Conor is in the position to walk away and be good for the rest of his life.

I think he might entertain coming back in a couple of years out of boredom and because he actually loves to fight, but who knows - maybe it's when the UFC has found a new superstar breaking records that has people fantasising about a fight between the old PPV king and new PPV king.

Regardless. In the immediate term, Conor ain't sticking around much longer.

DKehoe

Gold Member
If there's one fight Conor comes back for in MMA it's Nate, and even that is unlikely. He could just say his first loss was a fluke (bullshit, I know) that he avenged and that he has nothing left to do in the sport but take that 170 belt (lol) off Woodley, but that's beneath him because reasons.

Conor is in the position to walk away and be good for the rest of his life.

I think he might entertain coming back in a couple of years out of boredom and because he actually loves to fight, but who knows - maybe it's when the UFC has found a new superstar breaking records that has people fantasising about a fight between the old PPV king and new PPV king.

Regardless. In the immediate term, Conor ain't sticking around much longer.

If GSP comes back and wins the Welterweight title I could see McGregor being interested in fighting him.

The problem is going to be that after the money he makes from the Mayweather fight he may not want to fight for less than that.

It's so weird that the Mayweather fight may actually happen.

MMAFighting.com‏Verified account @MMAFighting 1m1 minute ago

Scott Coker announces that Bellator has signed both Mike Goldberg and Mauro Ranallo. #BellatorNYC

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
MMAFighting.com‏Verified account @MMAFighting 1m1 minute ago

Scott Coker announces that Bellator has signed both Mike Goldberg and Mauro Ranallo. #BellatorNYC
It's all over!

He's better than the garbage the ultimate has now.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They're both PBP guys. I don't think Goldie would be a good color man, seeing as he doesn't know anything other than catch phrases.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
They're both PBP guys. I don't think Goldie would be a good color man, seeing as he doesn't know anything other than catch phrases.

Goldberg is barely even a play by play guy. He's an ad man/host who occasionally makes an accidental observation related to what happened. Bellator says they're both working MSG, having the two in a booth at time would get awkward quick.

Chumley

Banned
https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/874769438322511872

Bless your concussed head, Joe. He really thinks this deal was rooted in the fighters' interest?

Wow, that's some next level company man shit.

As much as I'd love to see Conor get his ass kicked, you're fooling yourself if you think this event won't cost minimum $100 PPV, and I didn't even spend for the Pac fight

Enjoy the show for me

I'm not paying, I'm going to the bar, and it's for the chance the stars align and domestic abuser Mayweather gets knocked the fuck out.

Why couldnt they fight a better/bigger brand like Nike or Adidas? Why does it have to be dogshit Reebok and their generic uninspired outfits.

Top Bottom