• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Ken

The way Boosted works is that after pulling Squall and Tonberry then you can pull the rest of the legend jobs at their normal rates.

The other two Greater Summon banners will let you summon any legend job regardless.

Ok back to reroll jigoku

Celegus

I figured I test with that maxed job Scholar and its Academic job version. Works ok (better than Balamb Mercenary with the cards I have). Since MSage is not leveled dunno if I want to pour resources to it at this point (when I can use maxed job that does the work). I guess I need to test Mythic Sage too, almost opened Skill Panel 2 tab fully (1 to go).

I got Mythic Knight day earlier and yesterday it was Mythic Sages turn, both these jobs came freebie single daily pull (card + job card).

Saw on reddit that the novice hall is back up (maybe it was disabled for rerollers during the free GAS banner) if you haven't done that yet. Great jump start for seeds/crystals to level up jobs, and free 4* warrior fire/water cards. Scholar is a good choice if you want to try out multiplayer, just take as many debuff cards as you can (and preferably against something you can drive, so fire/water/wind bosses). Defenders just need to drive the right elements for the group and debuff, pretty hard to mess that up.

You've got some seriously insane luck at legend jobs though, think you already have as many as me and I've been playing for over a year! They're not a huge increase over standard jobs or anything, just a different option and have that fun nostalgia flair. Supreme cards are what completely destroy any semblance of balance.

Rixa

Saw on reddit that the novice hall is back up (maybe it was disabled for rerollers during the free GAS banner) if you haven't done that yet. Great jump start for seeds/crystals to level up jobs, and free 4* warrior fire/water cards. Scholar is a good choice if you want to try out multiplayer, just take as many debuff cards as you can (and preferably against something you can drive, so fire/water/wind bosses). Defenders just need to drive the right elements for the group and debuff, pretty hard to mess that up.

You've got some seriously insane luck at legend jobs though, think you already have as many as me and I've been playing for over a year! They're not a huge increase over standard jobs or anything, just a different option and have that fun nostalgia flair. Supreme cards are what completely destroy any semblance of balance.

I was waiting it to be opened. Didn't knew they open it so fast. Thanks for the tip, went in to get some sweet loot :). Also learning some things I didn't know earlier (thus reading everything they teach there and not skipping). Using Mythic Sage as I now got 3rd panel done and doing 4th, still a glass gannon :p, curious to see how it goes when harder content comes in.

Edit: Oh shit, got Mythic Sages all panels open (thanks to daily rewards and that Novice Hall). Holy shit that damage is absurd compared to it when I had only 2 Panels opened. Cards aint maxed yet either, HP is 4663 compared to ~1700 what it was after 2 panels :D.

Question to all, did I understand right. After 2 Draws I get new card(?) on next summon?
Or how does this work and what is the new card going to be? And to what banner I should summon?

Summon.PNG

Or did I misunderstood it?

WarAdept

Question to all, did I understand right. After 2 Draws I get new card(?) on next summon?
Or how does this work and what is the new card going to be? And to what banner I should summon?

Summon.PNG

Or did I misunderstood it?

It's a pity prize. After 7 draws, if you don't get a job, the game will automatically hand one you don't have from the pool.

Non legendary of course.

Celegus

Yep just a guarantee that you'll get a new job at least every 8 summons. Each banner has its merits, but out of those I'd personally try at the XIV/XV banner. Some of those cards are just crazy good.

Rixa

It's a pity prize. After 7 draws, if you don't get a job, the game will automatically hand one you don't have from the pool.

Non legendary of course.

Yep just a guarantee that you'll get a new job at least every 8 summons. Each banner has its merits, but out of those I'd personally try at the XIV/XV banner. Some of those cards are just crazy good.

Thanks, I made summon from FFXIV/FFXV banner, got one 4* rest were 3* but the 4* card I got is Noctis. Seems that I got sweet card, its Light card so no job at the moment to use it. I guess I make that job pull from same banner too.

Actually the job draw counter is separate from the "new card" counter. New card means just that. A new card. It guarantees you'll get at least one non-dupe.

Rixa

Actually the job draw counter is separate from the "new card" counter. New card means just that. A new card. It guarantees you'll get at least one non-dupe.

Hah. So for the newbie like me, that is not a relevant thing.
Anyways here was my pull from Revival banner:

Summon%20%281%29.PNG
Clist.PNG

Celegus

Nice!! Noctis is amazing but really only for Highwind currently (though decent for Paladin in sp). Ignis is completely bonkers for your Mythic Sage. The XV cards are currently capped at 4 star, so they'll be even better when we get the 5 star upgrade!

Rixa

Nice!! Noctis is amazing but really only for Highwind currently (though decent for Paladin in sp). Ignis is completely bonkers for your Mythic Sage. The XV cards are currently capped at 4 star, so they'll be even better when we get the 5 star upgrade!

Thanks. I tried to look from Reddit guide how to make 4* unit to 5* but couldnt find decent guide what it takes & what is needed. How does 4* -> 5* exactly work?

Thanks. I tried to look from Reddit guide how to make 4* unit to 5* but couldnt find decent guide what it takes & what is needed. How does 4* -> 5* exactly work?

You need to beat Chapter 3 of the story in order to 5* most cards and you can get the materials from the Plelaides Lagoon, which also unlocks when you beat Chapter 3. While we can't 5* the FFXV and FFXIV cards yet, it will be something we can do somewhere down the line.

Rixa

You need to beat Chapter 3 of the story in order to 5* most cards and you can get the materials from the Plelaides Lagoon, which also unlocks when you beat Chapter 3. While we can't 5* the FFXV and FFXIV cards yet, it will be something we can do somewhere down the line.

Ok. Cleared first part of that chapter, time to clear the rest.
Of those cards I have, when using MSage, who would be the first target for 5*?

In no particular order, I would work on these first:
The Unscathed (Easy-ish to get to ability level 10, a great utility card)
Sylph (Also easy to get to ability level 10, though it's the weakest of the bunch)
Ashura (Strong, but you have Ignis, which might conflict a little)
Palamecian Tale (Easy to get to ability level 6, though you'll need to do multiplayer)
Powie Yowie (AoE Slow is pretty good. You'll need to do some multiplayer to level its ability to 6 though)

Keep in mind though that going from 4* to 5* is much easier than 3* to 4*, so you shouldn't have too much trouble if you go in any order.

Rixa

In no particular order, I would work on these first:
The Unscathed (Easy-ish to get to ability level 10, a great utility card)
Sylph (Also easy to get to ability level 10, though it's the weakest of the bunch)
Ashura (Strong, but you have Ignis, which might conflict a little)
Palamecian Tale (Easy to get to ability level 6, though you'll need to do multiplayer)
Powie Yowie (AoE Slow is pretty good. You'll need to do some multiplayer to level its ability to 6 though)

Keep in mind though that going from 4* to 5* is much easier than 3* to 4*, so you shouldn't have too much trouble if you go in any order.

Thank you. Good to hear that 4->5* is easier. I noticed that I make a lot of Earth orbs (Sylph makes them too). So I figured I use this build now (well content is easy enough so I havent max leveled those cards by feeding fodder)

But would it be better to have Unscathed instead PYowie?

So the rest of my 5★ pulls were decent enough.

I was actually hoping for En- cards and got three on one pull, plus another later.

Stunga + Tonberry Suit (my first legend job).
Dark Cutter (seems useless since I have the Cloud version).
Enfire (plus two more ens, yeees).
Icestrike (boo).
Fire Spur + Pugilist + Mythic Ninja (MYTHIC NINJA OMG).
Ice Shock (yay, I guess).

I got a few taunts, a few shocks, a couple of the area debuffs and the new warrior damage focus (light). No free 4★s though.

I guess I have a few hours to decide if I want to gamble a couple of times on the XIV/SV stuff, otherwise I'll have almost thirty chances to pull for Zidane.

evangd007

I started this game last week and pulled a bunch on the revival banner. Notable pickups were FF14 abilities Garuda, Bahamut, and Titan, and jobs Samurai, Highwind, and Heretic Knight. Is that stuff good?

I was drinking last night and decided to pull a few times on the XIV/XV Banner.

My main hopes were for Piercer and Eye of the Storm (delicious breaker cards), I ended up getting Sword of the Wise and Primal's Boon Light on my first pull. Hearing about how awful the rates were, this got me excited, so I went again and got Primal's Boon Earth and Primal's Boon Fire.. AND JUDGE MAGISTER. Three more pulls got me Sagefire, Highwind and dupe dupity dupe dupes. Five pulls, lacking what I really wanted (and getting every Primal's Boon but Dark is kind of a kick to the balls) but a solid stash for a tipsy last minute (it was 9:50 PM, ten minutes until it went away) splurge.

Did a boosted summon to get the final Batch 1 card yesterday and I got Balamb Mercenary!

Did the free summon today and got Neo Exdeath!

Now I have to live with the fact that I won't get anything else in this game...

Celegus

any advice on card choice and stuff? pulled highwind from anni tickets on my old phone account so decided to mess around with it some more.
Centaur is really great for Highwind, though it's damage focused so you'd need to bring something else for yellow bar. Definitely worth the growstars, but I'm not sure there's fodder for it to level up if you don't have enough ability tickets (though I know scrolls for it have showed up in the MP shop too). Chaos FF1 is pretty crappy. Amon is also very good for Highwind and there is fodder for it out there already. You can use the fire/water cards you have at 4*+ until you get some dark/light ones up, but Highwind gets a disgustingly large bonus to light/dark attacks and nothing for any other elements so you'd eventually want to switch to them. For the deck you're showing now, I'd drop Titan (since it does the same debuff as Bahamut) and use a support card. Knights of the Round in the ability shop is a fantastic all-around buff.
Did a boosted summon to get the final Batch 1 card yesterday and I got Balamb Mercenary!

Did the free summon today and got Neo Exdeath!

Now I have to live with the fact that I won't get anything else in this game...

Holy crap! Congrats! I got a 4* Zodiark from the free one today which is decent at least. Don't expect a supreme but a legend job sure would be nice.
I started this game last week and pulled a bunch on the revival banner. Notable pickups were FF14 abilities Garuda, Bahamut, and Titan, and jobs Samurai, Highwind, and Heretic Knight. Is that stuff good?
Garuda is awesome! Bahamut is nice to have for the flameforce effect on any class, but right now Mythic Sage is the best option for an actual mage fire attacker (or white mage in SP I suppose). Titan pretty much the same, potentially useful in specific setups. Samurai is awful, Highwind is a warrior glass cannon (that I still don't have T_T) and Heretic is very low damage but very very tanky. Great to use as a sub-deck for tanking in tower events, and also a good dark defender for MP.

Celegus

Good luck everyone for anniversary part 2! Hoping for anything fun, but if nothing else at least I'll finally get Highwind in the 6 summons to hit the job pity pull. Managed to scrape together enough for 6 just in time!

Aaaaand it's just Highwind. This month has not been kind. Few of the new EA cards but nothing spectacular. At least Highwind seems super cool!

A Tale of Despair, by PixyJunket.

I settled on doing six pulls at a minimum, to get the anniversary cards; I know it's bad juju to hope for something and pull and pull.

First pull.. dark ranger damage focus and ranger trance.

Sixth pull.. A LEGEND JOB. *deep breaths* but first, light ranger damage focus.

I got both the light and dark ranger focus cards. I'm set to Zidane all over the place.. LET'S DO THIS.

MOOGLE SUIT.

NOOOOOOO WHY GOD HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?

WHY DID YOU GIVE ME SQUAWK KITTENHEART ON A FREE SUMMON ONLY TO COME TO THIS?

I just wanted to ranger all day and ranger all night.

;_____;

Celegus

Ugh Pixy we're seriously twins. I just want to warrior all day, did those 17 GAS for Squall... and only got Tonberry. Know how that feels.

Hah, so maybe you've got a Zidane coming your way from a free daily.

What really stung was getting Iris (light damage focus) right before that legend job card flip, I've been after that card all month.

Anyway, I've got enough magicite for twenty-one pulls; if my mathimagician is correct, I would have an 11% chance to NOT get Zidane if I dumped it all.

Ouch!!! Legend job rates have definitely gone right in the crapper. I'm certainly not chasing them any more after this debacle.
Confirmation bias, maybe? I've gotten five legend jobs this month. There also hasn't been any faux-outrage on Reddit over rates changing.

MrBS

Finished off part 1 of the anniversary event. Even knowing it was going to hit at some point I wasn't ready for that chapter two flashback :(

IT'S BACK UP FOR ME OMG OMG OMG PS I'M NOT A JUNKIE.

I only "lost" about fours hours of distiller magicite; I'm actually more bummed out about losing so many weapon mod hours.

Tower has pretty good music at the coil. Also, is the server still having problems? I'm having a hard time believing that I'm at rank 18 at 40 kills, especially since this tower seems to scale much slower than the last one.

I'.m teetering on doing another run for Zidane, since I lucked into an extra $100 Steam gift card.

However, it's kind of hard to justify now since it would pretty much ONLY be for Zidane.. I emptied the regular job pool and I have like 95% of early access cards (and 100% of anything I'd want, I think). BUUUT, unless they run another Booster Banner for Zidane, this is the chance to actually guarantee it.

I have zero interest in the XIII cards and jobs, to be honest.

Looking ahead on the Japanese schedule, Zidane is the only thing I would want to actively pursue from anything here to then. I'm a massive Dragon Quest fan, and the Dragon Quest jobs look neat, but the ranger job is a supporter, so those would more fall into the "cool if I get one" category.

Pejo

Is there a good way to sort to show and sell dupes? My inventory is stacked (which is funny since I only use the same 8 cards) and I need to make some space. It's hell trying to tell which cards are dupes by the art though, specifically on the Card Sell screen since it has the text overlay.

Is there a good way to sort to show and sell dupes? My inventory is stacked (which is funny since I only use the same 8 cards) and I need to make some space. It's hell trying to tell which cards are dupes by the art though, specifically on the Card Sell screen since it has the text overlay.
You can set Card Info to Ability Name and sort by Card Number, also your dupes will generally be Level 1, so that's helpful too.

I got Heretic Knight for my freebie today.

I saw the yellow lasers and tensed up, I was hoping for Zidane or another Mythic, feared Cloud or Tidus.. and got the one I wasn't thinking about.

Pejo

You can set Card Info to Ability Name and sort by Card Number, also your dupes will generally be Level 1, so that's helpful too.

Thanks, that helped! Still wish there was a "sell all dupes" button or something. As far as I can tell, there's no advantage to having more than 1 of the same card to begin with, other than fusing.

Top Bottom