• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

This game gets two OP's?

Man, GAF loves its Uncharteds and its Lasts of Us's and other Naughty dogged doo-hickeys.

Do people play these games for the multiplayer? I always assumed they were more of an afterthought.
The multiplayer beta of 4 was better than any Uncharted campaign yet in terms of mechanics at least.

Salex_

Wow, I wasn't expecting the multiplayer to be this good. The gameplay just feels so good and fluid! I'm glad I used my expiring Dell promo code on this lol. Feels good to know that I have an exciting single player campaign to play whenever I'm in the mood to go through the story.

EDIT: Checked the OP. Yep, there's leagues. This is going to be great.

I want to use mysticals but I'm stuck using sidekicks until I unlock the hunter, argh.

Do any of the characters from past games have their own hero guns? I've only unlocked one gun past the sniper rifle, and all of the hero guns just seem to be for the folks in 4. Wondering if there's synergy bonuses like in 3 (aka Talbot using Talbot's guns gives you a bonus perk)

Edit: I can't remember the last game that has let people steamroll teams like this, have been on the winning side and losing side of 40 to single digit matches. I don't want to say the Power Plays should come back, but damn I've seen some ass kickings today.

I want to use mysticals but I'm stuck using sidekicks until I unlock the hunter, argh.

Do any of the characters from past games have their own hero guns? I've only unlocked one gun past the sniper rifle, and all of the hero guns just seem to be for the folks in 4. Wondering if there's synergy bonuses like in 3 (aka Talbot using Talbot's guns gives you a bonus perk)

Edit: I can't remember the last game that has let people steamroll teams like this, have been on the winning side and losing side of 40 to single digit matches. I don't want to say the Power Plays should come back, but damn I've seen some ass kickings today.

When creating a loadout you can see all the hero guns when you click on mods.

Yeah, it was like that in the beta as well, the steamrolls. Losers need some benefits or boosters or something.

Foxxsoxx

When creating a loadout you can see all the hero guns when you click on mods.

Yeah, it was like that in the beta as well, the steamrolls. Losers need some benefits or boosters or something.

Oh god not power plays never again. If your team is getting romped the only thing that I would even suggest happen is making upgrades cost less, and only when you're getting destroyed.

Kalentan

Damn. I just still can't get over how much fun the MP is. The shooting is what makes it. I could honestly gush over the shooting all the day, from the way the controller rumbles when the gun kicks, to the percision and fluidity...

Games probably steamroll so hard because the team that pulls ahead early can load up on sidekicks and mysticals. Shit snowballs super hard.

The more you purchase, the more expensive things get. It's completely possible to have amazing comeback games. It's all about getting shit together as a team.

Ive closed gaps by 20 points, it's totally possible

Multiplayer really needs more characters(especially the boring villains) and more special skins something like
Nate as Francis Drake
maybe Elena as Joan of Arc
Marlowe as a Queen of England
Eddy as a Jack Sparrow-ish pirate,
Talbot in knight armor
and so on.

Multiplayer really needs more characters(especially the boring villains) and more special skins something like
Nate as Francis Drake
maybe Elena as Joan of Arc
Marlowe as a Queen of England
Eddy as a Jack Sparrow-ish pirate,
Talbot in knight armor
and so on.

I want Last of Us skins so bad

so some people having the problems I have had lol, like they just stop in the middle of a gun fight and stand still for a sec.....RIP

this is just weird lol

Rudiano

Banned
Just played my first ranked match. I see it unlocks you customizations, but so does unranked games. There is no player levels like UC2 and UC3 had....why was that taken away and whats the point of ranked games?

Rudiano

Banned
so some people having the problems I have had lol, like they just stop in the middle of a gun fight and stand still for a sec.....RIP

this is just weird lol

This happens to me sometimes when Im in cover by a wall, I aim at someone clearly but I cant shoot :( I have to roll away in order to shoot but by then Im dead lol

This happens to me sometimes when Im in cover by a wall, I aim at someone clearly but I cant shoot :( I have to roll away in order to shoot but by then Im dead lol

do you get the white controller disconnect symbol on your screen? thats what it is, my friend said he got that earlier tonight lol 0_o

Game has crashes in MP now

One when a game with Akyemeni, one when I tried to load MP

Also, I wish the idol in plunder didnt reset so fast :(

What's everyone's favourite map?

xRaizen

I've heard people say the donut characters were an unfair advantage (because hitboxes didn't match the body), but never Skelzor, that's interesting.

Pirate Cove so far. That map is so cool.
The skeletons made almost no noise while running, and didn't say anything so when they jumped they didn't grunt. Which of course provides an advantage.

Does anyone else not like the melee attack? You have to hold one button and press another, and its area of attack is so small. Missing is too easy.

Does anyone else not like the melee attack? You have to hold one button and press another, and its area of attack is so small. Missing is too easy.

I like the melee. No cheap kills, since you need to prep it. There's a perk that makes it faster or silent i think

Had an amazing game where we had 39/40 in tdm

Enemy got their shit together and went from 28 to 39! We didnt get a single kill in. But then we won

I was reviving like mad

I don't tend to use that and just use the basic melee since you can recover from that. If you miss with the charged melee you're basically done for.

Having an issue with dropping on enemies while swinging. Few times it just wouldn't happen. I had enemies directly under me, two of them at one point who didn't see me, wasn't getting shot at and square was even showing up in my screen but the fucker won't drop down. Doesn't matter if I tap or hold square, nothing.

It has worked once, but 3-4 times it hasn't. Was not having this problem in the beta.

Having an issue with dropping on enemies while swinging. Few times it just wouldn't happen. I had enemies directly under me, two of them at one point who didn't see me, wasn't getting shot at and square was even showing up in my screen but the fucker won't drop down. Doesn't matter if I tap or hold square, nothing.

It has worked once, but 3-4 times it hasn't. Was not having this problem in the beta.

You can only do it off a swing. Otherwise itd be op

bitbydeath

Should be removed entirely IMO either that or just make it a simple button tap like in Warhawk so those about to get attacked with it stand a chance.

Man, why does multiplayer play so much better than the campaign? I know the 60FPS is the obvious answer but it feels like something more. Maybe it's the map design i'm really digging.

Definitely do the trials, they are really helping me figure out some of the stuff that feels different from other FPS (never played any UC MP before and not much TLOU). Fun so far, although yeah I'd echo the quick TTK kinda sucks so far but probably just need to get more used to it.

Definitely could see a lot of fun out of this, and I really like how many items there are to unlock. I could see myself logging in 3-4 times a week just to get a few daily challenges done.

Yeah my PS4 wifi is just fucked up

Tried the Google dns trick and now I'm 2-3 mb download and 300 fucking kb upload

What is going on, if Lan doesn't work I'm trading in my ps4 after beating this game

:/ yeah I'm overreacting but what the hell

Lol when I usually go Lan it shoots up to 70-100 Mb download and 15 upload
Now it's 15 Mb download and 5 mb upload

Guess my system is messed up :/

Foxxsoxx

I'm really hoping this multiplayer last for a long while. I'm already itching for more maps and items, I'm just eating this up.

Rated-G

So how do we get the 300 Uncharted points from the Libertalia Edition and stuff? I entered the code and redeemed everything but the points aren't showing up in game?

Foxxsoxx

So how do we get the 300 Uncharted points from the Libertalia Edition and stuff? I entered the code and redeemed everything but the points aren't showing up in game?

You should be able to use them on the uncharted store in the menu after redeeming them.

Top Bottom