• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '18 PS4 Online League: Reunion Tour (without all original bandmates)

Somnia

I went ahead and pre-ordered the game. I'm more in than I was yesterday.

I've now played 4 games, 3 with sim all-pro and 1 on just all-pro. Sim is definitely the way we should go IMO

I'm really feeling this years Madden right now, way WAY more than last year.

Rbk_3

I wasn't going to buy this year, for the first time since Madden 99, but watching some gameplay is making me rethink that.

Do you guys have any spots open?

I wasn't going to buy this year, for the first time since Madden 99, but watching some gameplay is making me rethink that.

Do you guys have any spots open?

There are a handful of people up in the air about playing so I don't know for sure. I'll put you on the interest list!

Also, EA is updating rosters in real time this year so we will be starting sooner

BigAT

PVcOk9O.gif

Smokey

FMT - Do you have an idea when we'll start? I think I'm going to convert the EA Access version to the full game on Xbox, and get the PS4 version stictly for the league. Will end up putting 10 hours into MUT and I don't really want to go through that all over again on PS4, plus fam and friends always get the XB1 version of the game anyway.

Liking how it plays this year compared to last.

FMT - Do you have an idea when we'll start? I think I'm going to convert the EA Access version to the full game on Xbox, and get the PS4 version stictly for the league. Will end up putting 10 hours into MUT and I don't really want to go through that all over again on PS4, plus fam and friends always get the XB1 version of the game anyway.

What seems different so far? I watched a couple of those videos about new WR-CB mechanics, what was different about simulation compared to competitive mode?

Rbk_3

Hi KS8000/RFD/Canada buddy

KS8000/P65yellowpissstain/NeoGaf/AVS/RealGM/RFD/Canada Buddy lol

Good to see I will know someone in here if I am able to join

This KS8000 I have is phenomenal. Almost worth the tractor trailer load worth of TVs I exchanged to get it.

Smokey

What seems different so far? I watched a couple of those videos about new WR-CB mechanics, what was different about simulation compared to competitive mode?

I've played exclusively in MUT (which is Arcade, iirc) save for my game against FMT last night. Here's what EA officially says about the two modes:

SIMULATION

Expect the unexpected – even highly-rated players have a slim chance of failure on occasion
Injuries and penalties occur at a rate on par with real-world NFL statistics and data
Players with elite ratings will be successful far more often than those with ratings below the elite level
New pass inaccuracy system allows more realistic performances from lower-rated quarterbacks
Fatigue and stamina have bigger impacts on gameplay.

COMPETITIVE

Going for an interception with a wide open defensive player who has a good catch rating leads to a significantly-lower chance of them dropping the ball
Throwing from a clean pocket with the QB’s feet set reduces the chance of an inaccurate pass, providing they have a good pass accuracy rating based on the throw type and that you’re not using any passing mechanics
There’s a significantly lower chance of a dropped catch when a receiver is considered wide open and has a good catch rating
There’s a decreased chance of offensive wins in multiplayer catch outcomes, such as throwing to covered receiver
Only AI players with the big hitter trait can hit stick.

FMT has probably played more standard vs matches than me, so maybe he can comment on any real differences he's noticed.

Rbk_3

When will you know if there is a spot available for me? I am legit not going to buy the game unless I can get in for sure.

Ideally, it would be good to know for sure by Monday so I can preorder with the Amazon Prime discount.

Probably within a week of release given EA updating rosters on the fly now

Here is what I am liking a lot with some additions. Keep in mind I liked last year's version so I'm not trying to sugar coat it and say this is some drastic change.

1. A small little adjustment that has been huge so far is the lbs chucking wrs/rbs on those short underneath routes. It throws the offense timing off and can be the difference in a sack vs. completion (in years past)

2. Ball physics are better with tips/deflections

3. User DL play seems less effective on sim and competitive. Although jj watt raped me last night so maybe more ratings dependent?

4. User LB toned down. Can't really shut the middle down with one guy. Also the "hit box" (for lack of a better word) is reduced so you have to be in good position for picks

5. Lead passing is an advanced technique. I was worried itd OP the offense

6. Ballhawk toned down a lot

7. Wr/cb interaction is good and more fair to D this year on jump balls

8. Menus much faster. You don't have to play that stupid ass "fake nfc title game" shit before you start.

Some of the negatives:

1. Accuracy still too high? Idk. More testing needed but seems a bit on the high side. It's tough because you can't just throw a blanket on everyone and say Tom Brady should complete 70%, cam 50%, etc. It still comes back to user control so that has to be fair. If you're throwing to open guys then why shouldn't you % be high?

2. Zones still need work imo. They aren't worthless but guys run open when someone should be there

3. Lazy Tiburon with the same playbooks. Niners pb is almost the same as last year's chip Kelly but with an iform added. What?

When will you know if there is a spot available for me? I am legit not going to buy the game unless I can get in for sure.

Ideally, it would be good to know for sure by Monday so I can preorder with the Amazon Prime discount.

I will do my best to try and pinpoint by tomorrow.

I'll be getting the game on Tuesday, don't pull the rug out on me. lol

You are in already.

Just so everyone knows how this will work, here is the league structure:

1. I am the only commish.
2. I have 100% call on the final 32 when we start. Everyone in the league that is in the initial 32 has a clean slate! Even dm!
3. After the league starts, cb has 100% control of league members. He can replace anyone that is causing issues. These issues could be not playing your games, being a cheeser, breaking league rules. Again, everyone has a clean slate so there needs to be justification for replacing a league members. He can't just say he doesn't like tlbb.
4. CB won't have really any other involvement in league issues but of course he, and others, are willing to provide me feedback as needed.

LukeSmith

You are in already.

Just so everyone knows how this will work, here is the league structure:

1. I am the only commish.
2. I have 100% call on the final 32 when we start. Everyone in the league that is in the initial 32 has a clean slate! Even dm!
3. After the league starts, cb has 100% control of league members. He can replace anyone that is causing issues. These issues could be not playing your games, being a cheeser, breaking league rules. Again, everyone has a clean slate so there needs to be justification for replacing a league members. He can't just say he doesn't like tlbb.
4. CB won't have really any other involvement in league issues but of course he, and others, are willing to provide me feedback as needed.

lead_large.jpg

These are the players that are for sure in the league without question (unless they no longer want to be and haven't told me):

1. Fmt
2. Luke
3. Scott
4. Phee
5. Night
6. Bird
7. Bowser
8. Smokey
9. Wellington
10. Az
11. Tlbb
12. Claude