• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Tawpgun

Frankie please change the Halo 4 currency name to Wape Rubles thank you in advance.

As you rank up in Halo 4 you can change the name of the currency to whatever you like. Each type of currency has its own economy and exchange rates. There's going to be a stock market trading mini game.

Who the hell (besides Tashi) actually cares? Also, I could have sworn I read that shields will be recharging faster in 4.

The fuck? Is this a troll post or something? I do. I fucking care. Pulling off an extermination is one of the sickest feelings you can get in Halo. I assume it's cut for Slayer now that you can spawn instantly? What a fucking joke.

They need to suck it up then.

This from the guy who wants exploding flags to prevent teams better than his from capping consecutively.

Makes it easier for bad people to get kills. I was going to say it destroys the concept of map control, but H4 will probably have the same randomized spawns as Reach so unskilled people will have it easier there too.

It also makes it easier for bad people to die over and over again. Games like this (all from today)

Picture5.png

Or this

Picture3-1.png

Or paired up with them again!

Picture2.png

These sorts of games will reach the 50 mark even faster. I can imagine a scenario where a BK dies by teamshot, instantly respawns, attempts a sprint beatdown on his recent assailant only to be teamshot to ribbons again. Rinse and repeat for neg 30 in a game to 50. Will the fabled trueskill even be viable in a drop in/drop out environment?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
No comment at ranking debate, slightest mention of Stietzer and he's straight in there.

:eek:

We will not be talking about ranking or progression in detail for a while. We are not using TruSkill in the same way Reach did. That's about all we can say for now.

Suffice it to say the game will match people appropriately - Tashi to Kyle, for example, and me to WalshOgreSkrillexTwinBlains.

789shadow

Banned
We will not be talking about ranking or progression in detail for a while. We are not using TruSkill in the same way Reach did. That's about all we can say for now.

Suffice it to say the game will match people appropriately - Tashi to Kyle, for example, and me to WalshOgreSkrillexTwinBlains.

And me to Derp McMouthBreather?

Tawpgun

So you mean there's actually going to be Truskill?

Improvement over Reach right there.

Arnie

untitled-1j5xjl.gif

Thanks. Appreciate the response, really. I understand the timing of such detail divulgence is outside of your control. Hope the new system works and hope it provides enough stimulus for players who aren't interested in Spartan Points (XP, Credits) to keep playing from game to game and feel rewarded for their abilities.

GhaleonEB

GAF has been fed well this weekend.

Tawpgun

Didn't Reach have TrueSkill too but hidden and pretty loose?

I believe Bungie said that Trueskill was everywhere, but because some playlists had low populations you couldn't expect it to work that well.

Only places that were challenging were Arena once you got into Onyx and MLG because all the tryhards live there.

Stinkles

He's the new sound composer, dude

Nope. Although I had been using Skirllex (and the headbanging gif)as a shortcut for wub wub for months without ever actually listening to him. Then I did and I actually like his stuff. But our princess is in another castle. That narrows it down. Again, composer isn't going to be a surprise per se, but you'll hear more about that (fairly) soon, with a very cool video to accompany it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

That doesn't sound good. I carry Kyle all the fuckin time. Kid's a negative K/D All Star

i know jumping to conclusions here means you get shot in the foot, but...

thank sweet baby jesus, i may actually play with people my same skill level

I realise this is what I would expect to hear, but all the same, brought a smile to my face.

That narrows it down. Again, composer isn't going to be a surprise per se, but you'll hear more about that (fairly) soon, with a very cool video to accompany it.
Iiiiinteresting. Not a suprise per se makes it odd.
More indications it's the Massive Attack guy? Or what? Because wouldn't anyone but him or Tajeen be surprising?
(not asking you Frankie, just wondering aloud)

kylej

Banned
Watching Formal play Halo 3 from earlier today. Struggling a bit with the sniper. Funny how different sniping and BRing is in Reach. Leading BR shots is still absolutely terrible.

http://www.twitch.tv/formal/b/314339100

Makes Snipedown's unrelenting wape with the sniper in H3 even more impressive. Ima watch Snipedown: The Movie and throw a few chairs tonight in honor of that legend.

Nope. Although I had been using Skirllex (and the headbanging gif)as a shortcut for wub wub for months without ever actually listening to him. Then I did and I actually like his stuff. But our princess is in another castle. That narrows it down. Again, composer isn't going to be a surprise per se, but you'll hear more about that (fairly) soon, with a very cool, very in-depth gameplay video with awesome music to accompany it.

Glad to hear it, Frankie!

kylej

Banned
That doesn't sound good. I carry Kyle all the fuckin time. Kid's a negative K/D All Star

I'm playing on your home turf lil tryhard. I need to become unemployed and play MLG 10 hours a day to get my game on.

speaking of does anyone want to play halo for an hour before I go to bed

CyReN

blowjob.gif

Frankie is the composer. He makes the beautiful music that you love to listen to. Sometimes with a South American skin flute.

He was just waiting for Marty to leave so he can strike.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm playing on your home turf lil tryhard. I need to become unemployed and play MLG 10 hours a day to get my game on.

speaking of does anyone want to play halo for an hour before I go to bed
And what happened when I played on your home turf son? :p

Woorloog

Banned
As long as it isn't Hans Zimmer. I don't think it is Rippy as he works at Bonfire Studios. Jack Wall would be nice, that concept art trailer very much sounded like something Jack Wall might do.

Was the concept art trailer music made for it specifically or was it a piece for Halo 4?

kylej

Banned
And what happened when I played on your home turf son? :p

I'm not in my prime. I'm like a fetus right now playing Reach. Three people from HaloGAF still play this game I just want to dong every night and everybody is watching My Little Pony or whatever.

overdoz get online you nerd

Karl2177

I wish we could know approximately when we will find out who the composer is. It's one of the major aspects that I'm excited (and at the same time anxious) for.

Stinkles

Frankie is the composer. He makes the beautiful music that you love to listen to. Sometimes with a South American skin flute.

He was just waiting for Marty to leave so he can strike.

People want to hear the musical version of Mister Chief. The beats must be liberated.

I'm not in my prime. I'm like a fetus right now playing Reach. Three people from HaloGAF still play this game I just want to dong every night and everybody is watching My Little Pony or whatever.

overdoz get online you nerd

You have to grow a pair and play past 10PM. What kind of little kid are you working day shift anyways don't you greet at Wal-Mart?

Oh my someone is testing MLG Onslaught and it looks so good. That was my favorite MLG map in H3. Hope they can get it into Reach MM.

I don't really like MLG in Reach though, I gave it a try but MLG hasn't been good since it was Team Hardcore in H2.

Top Bottom