• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artsi

Surprised Sony doesn't already have Ninjas taking care of this.

It's too late, Sony's marketing comes to work in the morning and be like

m65jjQh.gif

Audioboxer

Cheers Jason amd Kotaku for not crediting me or Neogaf for the leak...

What did you expect? "Journalists" read GAF, copy/paste onto their site and then cite "sources". Gotta get those clicks.

Can't be giving the game away that their viewers could cut them out altogether by just visiting GAF.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm assuming that the £300 asking price will be including a decent markup from the final RRP? I know you can get PS4s new for closer to £250 that £300 now so I'm wondering what the launch price of this will be.

I'm assuming whatever the price is now. This doesn't appear to be any smaller, so the packaging/shipping should still be the same. The design process is different, but probably not enough at this point to warrant a cheaper price.

topplehat

It's cool that it's smaller but it's pretty ugly. Hope it's quieter at least.

Also would be hilarious if they made it smaller by making the PSU extenal.

mollipen

Don't know what people are seeing that are calling it ugly. It looks like a slicker ps4. It would probably blend in more in a home entertainment setup and would stick out less. Love the all matte look.

I don't hate the look, but it's super boring in comparison to the original PS4, which had a kind of "retro future" design style to it. I ended up liking the PS3 Slim much more than the OG PS3, but it had a "here's the model we want to make cheap and in bulk" kind of design to it, where as the PS3 has craft and flair put into how it looked. Ugly craft + flair, but hey.

The PS4 is one of the few systems I actually don't mind having out and visible, because it's such a neat yet understated design. It could be a game console, but it could also be some weird near-future contraption that does god knows what.

Plus, I mean, with the HDD bay cover, you can do things like this, which boring old PS4 Slim never will!

AESjQdA.jpg

What did you expect? "Journalists" read GAF, copy/paste onto their site and then cite "sources". Gotta get those clicks.

You source where the content came from. If a game goes up on Amazon when it isn't supposed to have and NeoGAF picks it up, Amazon is the source. But you're also supposed to credit the means through which you found it, which people (including the place I work) do do. We've credited GAF countless times.

And, to be fair to Polygon, they specifically state that they got the photos from the seller in the story (which I initially missed when reading it). The guy no doubt simply sent over the same photos he'd already taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom