• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE:MILKMAN

I doubt Neo is getting shipped already like this Slim.

If they are making Neo already I think production will ramp fairly quickly and a October/November launch could work. These PS4 slims must have been being made a good while ago because I believe it takes a few weeks to ship them from China to Europe alone?

Scrawnton

Uh... I can't tell if this is real or not. Looks fake

CqaFFUSWgAEa2S8.jpg:large

Uhh. Look at the Twitter tag on the right.

Audioboxer

Maybe if you acted in a less vindictive manner, you wouldn't have to hold all these Ls

Out of all the people with remarks about giving credit, banning sites, and the original members quoting said sites articles and calling them out I'm the one to take the fall? Fair enough, I guess since Jason quoted me people are going to pile on! Just a bit funny considering out of all the people on GAF who say "lol Kotaku" all the time you can check my post history and see I do not. Heck, I'm pretty sure I've quoted Jason the odd time to tell him he is cool (or the odd press sneak fuck is the best remark).

So please, I'm a fan of his, let's just cool ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've already apologised to Jason and I'll do it again, sorry man, no harm was meant towards you.

JayBabay

This must mean they were planning to announce the Slim with an immediate release. Would explain why they've begun shipping to retailers. I feel like this came out of a warehouse shipment.

VariantX

I'm more worried if this thing runs cooler, and more importantly, people don't have varied experiences with system noise like with the original. If cant do either, then I don't see the point in shrinking it down beyond some cost savings on the manufacturing end.

Plum

You got all that from a pic? Build quality isn't about the shape of buttons, it's about not dying in two years.

The materials just don't look anywhere near "high-end", the plastic looks cheap and so do the buttons. Frankly I see "lasting two years" as a given for any console I buy so it wouldn't justify a higher price at all. Quieter is good as well but still, if I pay a high price I would want higher-quality material.

I don't like it. I think the PS4 is one of my favorite console designs, capacitive buttons and all, so this is not the route I would want a revised version to take. All I would want is USB ports in the back and it to be near silent or at least a helluva lot quieter.

Putty

This has got $249/£229 written all over it, and Sony will sell MILLIONS this Q4.... I personally think it looks cute, and when I play games I look at my screen not the console...

mollipen

Never expected Neo to hit this year. Did people really? This thing will probably come out at the Sept event if not sooner.

Why would Sony want to sabotage selling PS4s this holiday season by announcing the NEO but not having it come out until next Spring? That made sense for Microsoft, because building hype for Scorpio is worth the potential reduced Xbox One sales in the long run given their current position, but it makes no sense for Sony.

If they do announce NEO at the September event but it isn't out until after the holidays, that's a very stupid move.

Asd202

If they are making Neo already I think production will ramp fairly quickly and a October/November launch could work. These PS4 slims must have been being made a good while ago because I believe it takes a few weeks to ship them from China to Europe alone?

Well if it's getting released in September retailers must be receiving the shipment already or at least it's already in warehouses waiting to be shipped close to them. Neo most likely won't be released at least until November with Slim being September and VR October.

Neoxon

I'm seeing unconfirmed rumors that the release is Sep 14 and Neo is being held until March.
If so, the NX might be in for a bad time (for the record, I do hope that both the NX & the PS4 Neo end up succeeding). But at the same time, it would allow Sony to up the specs of the PS4 Neo to better compete with the Xbox One Scorpio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom