• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12 Monkeys | Unmake History - Fridays on Syfy |OT|

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
It's super sad that there's no second season thread. This is one of my favorite shows and I feel like the lack of love for it is that people just don't know it exists.

cj_iwakura

Here is a graphic I tried to make if we go for a new thread...

http://i.imgur.com/Lo2yS7p.jpg

The end result is a bit more "geocities" than I was hoping, but I tried. I have not used photoshop[ in 2 years.

If we stay here that's fine... I just wish GAF was more active about this show. It is great, and S2 looks to be setting up some great ideas.

Looks fine to me, but I don't see any harm in using the same thread either... could just update the OP title to reflect Season 2.

Sober

Okay okay let's do this.

"One Hundred Years"

Despite the growing tension between them, Cole and Cassie time travel to New York during World War II to track down a dangerous member of the Twelve.

I love this show, it's the only one on I feel the need to watch the night of airing.

Have to say I did not realize the messengers were just cultists covered in mud or whatever.

I like the Cole and Cassie as time cops angle.

liquidtmd

Banned
Just watched episode 3, its a really really solid genre show and it's a shame it's not hitting huge numbers.

Likeable leads and the twists and turns are keeping my interest.

Any idea how this season is performing for syfy?

Sober

New episode tonight!

"Emergence"

Jones turns to Ramse for help getting Cole and Cassie back from 1944; Jones visits old Jennifer Goines to explore the true nature of time.

Great episode. This is definitely my favorite sci fi serial show in years. Very fun, characters actually grow and change over episodes. Hoping they get renewed and wrap up the series with three solid seasons.

mm04

I love this show. Totally underrated and I really like where they're going this season. Such a good show.

Geist-

Gotta say, I knew it was going to be someone we've already met, but I didn't think that guy was going to be the Witness (if it wasn't just some illusion or something).

Best episode of the season imho.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Just finished the first episode of S2. Great show so far and im really liking the start of season 2. As a fan of the movie i went in expecting to be completely disappointed. i actually held off watching because i just assumed the process would be painful. How wrong i was.

edit: and i hated Ramse at first because of the actor. i hate Kirk Acevada when hes playing bro buddy wise-cracking partner types. Hes great otherwise. i had thought because it was Sci-Fi they wouldnt do anything interesting with his character. Wrong again. The show has expanded a very super slim role and made this crazy dynamic with Cole. i love it because they could have not even bothered. "In the tooth" is a little extreme for this version of the character but would love a reference to "ancient Egypt."

Shanlei91

I'm not convinced the witness is Ramsey's son. Hell, it's probably Cole.

Maybe it's a really subtle red herring, but in the latest episode I took Ramsey's kid making a model of the whole place a foreshadowing of when Jones says that the witness has an understanding of the layout of the machine. Her now vaporized would-be lover might have also vanished into the future.

...it probably will be Cole. Would explain the Monkeys' anti-killing Cole stance and obsession with Railly.

Setzer

Last night's episode is the definition of firing on all cylinders.

Agreed!

Loved the episode and love this season! Not sure how its doing in the ratings compared to other SyFy shows but I hope it gets renewed. Totally underrated show that more people need to be watching. It's easily in my top 3 shows on TV right now.

ZServ

I thought this show was okay throughout the first half of season 1. Then it picked up.

But HOT DAMN SEASON 2 HAS BEEN FIRE

Shanlei91

Latest episode was great, loved how it was resolved. I really wish it was more popular, one of my favorite shows on air.

Shanlei91

RIP Journeyman

For an "everyday guy", Cole is a clever protagonist. He seems to put things together quicker than just about every other character but Jones.

The wife and I love this show. Its such a shame its so underappreciated. I feel like Syfy burned a ton of good-will with audiences during some very shitty years of programming and the result is that no one even allows for the possibility that they might have an incredible show now.

I really hope it gets renewed because they are absolutely killing it.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Wow is all I can say. Watched the first season and it okay. Two episodes left to be caught up in season two and I'm blown away. Great Damn show. Have no idea how it is doing rating wise, but please don't cancel it.

liquidtmd

Banned
Throwing the 12 Monkeys movie theme in there randomly was swag as hell in the latest ep

For about four episodes now the show has been on fire in terms of confidence. It's found its groove and is running with it.

Shanlei91

I wonder how many of the time loops are a result of the timeline being changed. That messenger being a result of the experiments performed on Olivia, giving birth to Olivia, etc.

Shanlei91

What?! Either this show costs nothing to make or SyFy really has faith in it and wants to believe that it'll catch on.

I can't believe I'm living in a world where a show just about no one is talking about, that I really love, is getting at least as many seasons as Hannibal.

Geist-

I feel like I should dislike Ramse after all the shit he's pulled but I just can't, Kirk Acevedo is too damn charismatic.

I don't think I've ever not liked his character in anything he's done. In Fringe
I was devastated when his character died (and loved when he came back in the alternate universe).

That episode might have been the best of the series. This show is so damn underrated, it really needs a bigger following.

Just binged Wynonna Earp with a friend and actually really liked it. Saw a bunch of commercials for 12 Monkeys. The movie is on my favorites list (dat Brad Pitt yo), but the dialogue in the commercials was so bad it is scaring me off... Do I give it a shot?

Top Bottom