• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Trials is for philistines, the unkempt, and the unwashed masses. Shameful.

Fez is cool, but Trials is actually much more oldschool and doesn't require irony for enjoyment. Actually, I don't mean to damn Fez with faint praise, Fez is very cool. Trials for me though is on a whole different level. Takes me back to my Sinclair Spectrum days. I think the game I am thinking of is Kickstart 2. Yes, yes it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUmViPtuC1o

kylej

Banned
Fez is cool, but Trials is actually much more oldschool and doesn't require irony for enjoyment. Actually, I don't mean to damn Fez with faint praise, Fez is very cool. Trials for me though is on a whole different level. Takes me back to my Sinclair Spectrum days. I think the game I am thinking of is Kickstart 2. Yes, yes it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUmViPtuC1o

It reminds me of Dirt Bike 3d and Dirt Bike 3.0 for the Mac.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leGlRL8MFc0 you could alter the distance between wheels and the size of the tires which proved endlessly hilarious for my friends and I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn4HvJMPyqI

I used to play those games for hours and just try to keep the flow of the jumps going. Good times.

?

You mean the Chief's first unveil or something else?

Nah, I bought up the (wrong) fact that Todd created carnage, Zeouter believed it was the third third strain that Todd created, but Calum pointed out that it was indeed Todd who layed the ground work for venom in 1984.

We collectively went whaaaaaaaaaat?

Going with Trials. Thank you very much gentlemen. (I've been watching some gameplay from Fez and damn, I love games like that... sadly, I know I won't have the time required to invest in it. Does look awesome though.)
Ha ha ha, like Trials is any better.

Fez & Trials - Both nuts and fanstastic. XBLA offering insane levels of value.
I wonder if they will make Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 now. Bahahahhahahahahhahahaa.
Nope, it bombed, badly.

Homeboyd

I can already tell my uncontrollable urge to backflip off every jump is going to be somewhat detrimental to my progression...

:lol

Seriously guys. Gatling Gears.

I just feel kindof bad for it since its so well done. Considering the GAF thread is like 4 posts, their official website is a mostly empty template and there are shit for reviews it'd be nice to know this thing sold more than 5 copies ;P

I won't mention it here again. But if I ever finish it it's definitely LTTP worthy.

So yeah, Halo.... and stuff.

I'd repost my NG3 impressions from the OT, but I can't be assed. Needless to say, it's a fucking abysmal piece of shit that is a disgrace to the NG name. A pox on Team Ninja studios.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Seriously guys. Gatling Gears.

I just feel kindof bad for it since its so well done. Considering the GAF thread is like 4 posts, their official website is a mostly empty template and there are shit for reviews it'd be nice to know this thing sold more than 5 copies ;P

I won't mention it here again. But if I ever finish it it's definitely LTTP worthy.

So yeah, Halo.... and stuff.

Gatling Gears is AMAZING. So solid, so oldschool, so approachable.

I'd repost my NG3 impressions from the OT, but I can't be assed. Needless to say, it's a fucking abysmal piece of shit that is a disgrace to the NG name. A pox on Team Ninja studios.

Team ninja studios is just a shadow of its former self, they have been taught a serious lesson, it's just a shame that it had to be NG3 that taught it.

Also, in relation to arcade game, more of you scrubs need to get Carcassone, the finest xbla game available.

TheOddOne

We doin' arcade recommendations?

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes

xbuttons_might_and_magic_COH_gp1(1).jpg

xbuttons_might_and_magic_COH_gp2.jpg

Karl2177

I now hate Countdown and I think Uncaged can get left in the alley to rot and die. Especially when 3 out of my 4 Arena games for today were on Uncaged.

I don't know what it is about me, and I know it's something wrong with me, but handheld games/arcade games never hold my interest. In the unlikely event that I do finish an arcade game, I never go back to it (Braid). Most of the time I never finish them in spite of the fact that I really enjoy them (Limbo).

I don't know what it is about me, and I know it's something wrong with me, but handheld games/arcade games never hold my interest. In the unlikely event that I do finish an arcade game, I never go back to it (Braid). Most of the time I never finish them in spite of the fact that I really enjoy them (Limbo).

Ya know, I've read a study that correlates this tendency with bad sexual performances in bed.

Havok

We doin' arcade recommendations?

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes

http://xbuttons.com/images/uploads/gamecatalog/xbuttons_might_and_magic_COH_gp1(1).jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://xbuttons.com/images/uploads/gamecatalog/xbuttons_might_and_magic_COH_gp2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I can unreservedly recommend this game to anyone.

Except for the last hour and a half. Total garbage.

Much like certain Halo releases! On topic!

I love Fez and Trials, well worth the $. Limbo will still be my all time favorite XBLA title.

Limbo is fucking incredible. Facts of life.

DL'd the trial of Fez and shamefully got stuck within 5 minutes of the start of the game. Felt really dumb, haven't started up the game since then.

DL'ing the trial of Trials right now.

zap

Does anyone else play Gotham City Imposters? Pretty fun multiplayer shooter

I have it, but haven't played it for a while. I was part of the beta and I loved it so I had to buy it. It's such an awesome game to just sit down and play when I can't be bothered playin Halo.

Lazslo

I'm playing system link with 3 players FFA- no Internet connection. How can I get the anniversary Halo 1 settings? Help!

Played the beta and it was terribly laggy, better now? Looked promising at the time.
Yeah, I've only gotten a couple laggy games, and it was only laggy for a little bit of them. Pretty fun, though if you make a bad loadout you're going to have a bad time

I love Fez and Trials, well worth the $. Limbo will still be my all time favorite XBLA title.
My roommate has 111% completion in Limbo.
For anyone who doesn't know, you get the final egg by beating the game with no deaths. It was insane how many times he tried before he got it.

Chelsea played a horrible, boring match and they absolutely did not deserve to win.

Jesus, I hate Chelsea.

/ranting

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TORRES! IN YOUR FACES! FUCK BARCA

Barcelona

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

These have been some glorious past 4 days for football fans that hate Barcelona (like me).

Respect knuckles

I'm playing system link with 3 players FFA- no Internet connection. How can I get the anniversary Halo 1 settings? Help!

The perfect bait for Fyrewullf

heckfu

Banned
I'm telling you guys we need to start a HaloGaf carcassone league.
I accidentally boarded a plane from Paris to Madrid with a knife I got in Carcassone in 2003. My little 14 year brain couldn't handle the ramifications and I fainted on board in my seat.

I know this isn't what we're talking about but I feel like you guys needed a new installment of "Get To Know Halogaffers: Heckfu"

Top Bottom