• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
cause soldiers are bad asses

i always wanted to roll with a smg but i have still yet to unlock the lightweight material :\

don't worry. the lightweight mod is broken anyways lol

I want to make a class that takes advantage of this sexy Sabre IV but its hard to take away from that Geth Infiltrator build... I won 9 random Gold games with that beauty.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've heard this too, but how is it broken? I put it on any of my smgs, and it reduces the weight and increases the cooldown bonus on the loadout screen. 360, BTW.

Yeah, but if you check your Powers screen where you see the more detailed cooldowns, nothing will change. Something like that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, but if you check your Powers screen where you see the more detailed cooldowns, nothing will change. Something like that.

Yeah... its reflected on the Powers screen.

It only works for the Geth SMG.

But once it gets fixed, they'll have to re-nerf the Hurricane all over again. :(

kaioshade

It doesn't overwrite the primer, it stacks on top of it. When a detonator hits, it detonates the last primer used; using another detonator will detonate the next primer underneath. So if you're using Warp->Throw and there's an Engineer on the team, you should watch your Throws to see if they're triggering biotic explosions and adjust to use Warp->Throw->Throw as necessary.

Overload spam used to drive me insane when I was playing an Adept, but these days it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Tech bursts combined with biotic explosions will outdamage biotic explosions alone.

That said, your point about trying to choose a class which complements the rest of the team is sound advice.

Thanks for the advice. I am still learning the little intricacies of multiplayer. So there is still a lot fo learn.

EekTheKat

It doesn't overwrite the primer, it stacks on top of it. When a detonator hits, it detonates the last primer used; using another detonator will detonate the next primer underneath. So if you're using Warp->Throw and there's an Engineer on the team, you should watch your Throws to see if they're triggering biotic explosions and adjust to use Warp->Throw->Throw as necessary.

Overload spam used to drive me insane when I was playing an Adept, but these days it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Tech bursts combined with biotic explosions will outdamage biotic explosions alone.

That said, your point about trying to choose a class which complements the rest of the team is sound advice.

I'll have to test that out, it might make playing with an overload spammer more tolerable. These days if I do play Adept with an overload spammer I tend to try and target something else on the other side of the map.

But to expand upon complementing the group, these days my choice of characters for a gold run tend to go something like this :

If there's no Infiltrator, I pick an infiltrator. Having at least 1 that's willing to cap objectives makes the rounds so much easier.

I tend to play a Drell Adept/Justicar if I see an Asari Adept in group, or vice versa. Using Reave as a primer while someone else detonates Biotech Explosions seems to be the best possible combo out there.

Drell Adept/Justicar plays extremely nice with a Human Novaguard partner as well. Basically all the Biotechs specced more on powers work well together to some degree.

If it's a Engineer heavy group with a Decoy, I'd take my Gethgineer with max heal Turret. Falcon X with certain Ammo types work remarkably well.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Victory packs up and premium spectre packs are back on PC. Didn't get the extraction reward pack but I usually don't get the specific reward pack until 2 to 3 days after they start giving them out.

Purchased three premium spectre packs, got 6 rare character cards I don't need, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Sai

Anybody else having problems purchasing stuff from the store? I haven't been able to purchase anything since yesterday evening, a while after I got the victory pack. Says I should contact customer service if it persists, but I thought it may have somethin' to do with EA's servers or somethin'.

Also, I didn't get a commendation pack... The conditions were to have at least one person survive and be extracted in a gold match, right? If so, this is the second time I've been cheated out of a commendation pack. What's the deal? :/

RS4-

on 360: it's only one free pack? I thought there were two lol. I did the challenge and had a few gold extractions

But yeah, the uhh Victory one and the PremSpec are up.

Cat Party

This was posted earlier today on BW's forums:

Hey guys! I wanted to let everyone know that the team is aware of the issues everyone is discussing in this thread and are feverishly working on a solution. This is our number one priority, and I don't have a firm ETA of when this will be resolved, however, this is being taken very seriously.
I appreciate your patience. We'll update you guys when we have more information.
I should go.

It hasn't been updated since then, so it doesn't seem like they are ready to say everything's up and running yet. My brother in law (stay at home dad) has been texting me all day about his attempts to get a connection, lol.

Mindlog

Grenades may have been buffed? Carry capacity is now +2? Drell Adepts are going to be crazy powerful?

I would like to know more.

If grenade capacity got buffed my end of map thermal clip grenade spam is going to be that much more enjoyable.

*Soldiers can get 4 grenades now. Adepts are still at 3.

Bisnic

Just did a match on PC. Was just fine, with no lag or anything, and premium spectre packs are back.

4 prenium spectre packs :
- Indra in the first one and Quarian Engineer
- Krogan Battlemaster (lights) and Bastarian soldier (last one missing) in the second one
- Claymore VIII and Asari adept (full) in the third one
- Graal Spike Shoty X in the last one with lights for Bastarian Sentinel.

Hey, at least I have another gold on X and an Indra now !

gogogow

Just did a match on PC. Was just fine, with no lag or anything, and premium spectre packs are back.

I thought it was fixed. Says so on the forums. Was playing a gold match, at the start of wave 3 I was kicked out saying I need to connect to their servers if I wanted to play and then I got another screen saying the EA servers aren't available or something.

rozay

Banned
Isn't it kind of a piece of junk, though? One more thing to grind up to ten. At this point I'd rather remove guns than add them :/
play as host with it, its one of the better gold weapons unless you're unwilling to use any shotgun but the geth plasma shotgun. Really, really powerful and a good gun for headshots with a decent reload speed.

edit:Just noticed you were talking about the Indra, and I agree 100%. Above paragraph is about the Graal.

HOLY CRAP THE INDRA IS AMAZING !

It's a buffed, more precise Phaeston and it goes perfectly with my Salarian Engineers because it can keep a 160% cooldown.

Also, the scope is pretty short sighted so it's good for close encounter situation but the kick isn't that bad so it can also plumber heads.

Cels

Question about Sticky Grenade (Human Infiltrator power) - what is the timer on being able to replenish ammo? I know there has to be one because when picking up ammo I get the "AMMO FULL" popup even though I have 0 grenades. Also, even though I have max capacity of 2 sometimes I'm only able to pick up one? So, separate timers for each grenade?

Jafku

Biotic explosion slightly nerfed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 2, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frag Grenade Power
- Base damage increased from 650 to 750
- Evolution 3 increase to max grenades increased from 1 to 2
- Evolution 4 extra damage to organics increased from 40% to 50%
- Evolution 5 armor damage bonus increased from 65% to 75%
- Evolution 6 shield damage bonus increased from 65% to 75%

Inferno Grenade Power
- Base damage per second increased from 100 to 125
- Evolution 3 increase to max grenades increased from 1 to 2

Sabotage Power
- Damage from weapon backfire increased from 200 to 300
- Evolution 2 weapon backfire damage bonus increased from 50% to 60%
- Delay before weapons backfire reduced from 2 to 1.5 seconds

Biotic Explosion Power Combo
- Impact radius reduced from [3.0-5.0] meters to [2.0-4.0] meters

Arc Pistol
- Damage increased from [61.6-76.8] to [70.2-87.7]
- Encumbrance decreased from [1.25-0.7] to [1.1-0.6]

Wraith Shotgun
- Damage increased from [89.5-111.9] to [102.3-127.8]

Cerberus Horde Wave Data
- (Silver) Extraction wave: reduced number of Guardians from 4 to 3 and added a single Phantom

Atlas
- (Silver) Increased chance to sync kill players from 50% to 60%
- (Gold) Increased chance to sync kill players from 60% to 80%

Objective Waves (Waves 3, 6, and 10)
- Increase XP rewards for completing objectives from 2000 to 3000

XP Rewards
- Random Faction XP bonus increased from 15% to 25%
- Random Map XP bonus increased from 10% to 15%

Credit Rewards
- Total credits rewarded for a match is unchanged
- Increased share of total credits for wave 6 by 10%
- Decreased share of total credits for wave 10 by 10%

Mindlog

That Atlas change is going to catch a lot of people by surprise.

@Cels There's a timer on all grenade refills. You just sort of have to get used to it. You can use a Thermal Clip Pack to refill grenades. Also, make sure you go all the way to the box. it seems like regular clips have a slightly longer range than the grenades. At least that's the superstition I play by.

Got a Premium Spectre Pack.
5 Medigel, Human Infiltrator, Pistol Amp III, Salarian Infiltrator, Quarian Engineer

Bringe back Equipment Packs.

I thought that was it. But who stay in melee range of an Atlas long enough to be grabbed anyway, other than maybe a krogan vanguard? :p

All Krogans
Human vanguard
Bastarians
Bronze players
etc...

Edit : Commendation packs are up on PS3 ! I got an Hurricane

Edit 2 : Second ultrare in 5 prenium spectre packs : Wraith II (So I have Javelin I, Talon I, Scorpion II and Wraith II. Also, Indra but I met a couple of other PS3 players with Indra on the last few games so I guess Bioware put the gun in really high rates of loot for today ?)

Xevren

Today must be troll day on xbox live. Every damn lobby I get into one person won't ready up and it eventually just makes everyone leave. God I hate when my friends aren't on.

EekTheKat

Commendation pack showed up on PS3 - I'm too scared to redeem it after what happened last night. Going to give it a couple hours to make sure it's not a trap.

Bisnic

I don't see what people love so much about Hydra. The place has too many openings and it seems that enemies always come from every sides, making it harder to find a good spot to take cover.

Cat Party

Good that they made credits favor wave 6 a bit more. I think it ought to be the case that you get as many credits beating wave 6 of a silver match that you would have completing a bronze match.

Also, that slight reduction in biotic explosions doesn't concern me too much. When you are taking out an Atlas or even a Prime, you do so many combos that it kills everyone around eventually, no matter what. For Banshees, they are never near other enemies anyway.

EekTheKat

So some idiot just threatened to kick me on a Cerb Gold for using a Falcon X with Cryo ammo III on an infiltrator. I'm also using a Claymore X for a backup.

Some people have no idea how powerful that combo actually is, especially considering my infiltrator spec ignores cooldown for all out firepower. and the fact that the Falcon stuns and freezes everything due to the Cryo grenades.

I'm basically a hybrid shotgun/grenadier specced infiltrator on my Geth. works beautifully for all situations.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Putting in my ME3 disc to get my commendation pack, and now it keeps freezing earlier and earlier every time before I get to the menu. I don't know what the hell to do. Just staring at a black screen now.

I've never had this issue before. Anyone else experience this?

EDIT: It freezes after the Bioware intro every time now.

EDIT2: WTF this is happening to my second disc now too, which I haven't touched in like a month. What is going on? On 360 btw. I'm frustrated as hell right now.

RS4-

I haven't put much time into the game the past 3 weeks but did they change how much money you get for only completing six waves on gold now?

the chris

Got a Hurricane in my Commendation pack, it's cool against big targets but kind of useless overall. Still don't have a Black Widow though.

Top Bottom