• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Soul Calibur III

I liked it, not as much as SCII but I liked it. While playing the game one of my controllers got disconnected and that corrupted my save... had to restart everything again. Then while playing to get back all I lost, it happened again...

I never played Soul Calibur III again.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Soul Calibur 3 was great and I never understood the hate it got either. I always imagine it was salt from Talim players who got upset that she got nerfed compared to Soul Calibur 2.

The only huge complaint I had in this game was that the AI will difficulty spike like fucking nuts randomly in the single player modes.
Competitively, the main problem was that Xianghua was nearly broken. The weird looking throw cancel glitch didn't help. AE fixed a lot of those issues but barely anyone saw that in the US.

Evilisk

Yeah I've always liked SC3 the most. I believe most of the hate is from the competitive side of things, but the single player stuff (aside from that memory card glitch) is pretty great. It's my favorite of the series for that reason. If they ever did some sort of re-release with both versions (console and arcade) I would buy that in an instant.

Also just wanna mention how much I hate 4, since I was recently playing that again. It is such a downgrade from 3 (in terms of single player stuff) in just about every respect, from that bland "Story Mode" to the character creation (which removed the unique movesets from 3). Tower of Lost Souls is also absolutely awful and so are the guest characters (both the Star Wars characters, and the crappy anime ones).

Forward

The most fun version of Yunseong resided within this game.

He wasn't as fun in SC2, and DEFINITELY not as fun in SC4.

For me the order goes: SC1 > SC3 > SC2 > SC5 > SC4

I love SC3...though I hear it had a lot of broken stuff in it competitively. This was before netplay and there was no arcade release (until the limited SC3 AE that was super rare in the US)...so I barely got to play it competitively.

And no version of him was as fun as Hwang.

Top Bottom