• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Hektor

Reposting the Countdown for the JPN version:
t1487775600z0.png

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
3 spoiler free observations from watching the stream:

1. RPG aspects seem substantial, so people expecting pure action will likely be frustrated.
2. Yoko WTF'ness is in full effect. Lots of cute touches.
3. Music is awesome.

Looks great, and cannot wait to dig in.

Jiraiza

1. RPG aspects seem substantial, so people expecting pure action will likely be frustrated.
3. Music is awesome.

I really like sitting here, just staring at this timer tick down.

Kill me.

Mifec

3. Music is awesome.

Yeah the music is AMAZING.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Bailed on the stream... seems to have reached some severely spoilery bits, and I really don't want to ruin the game for myself.

Very impressed by what I've seen so far though.

pezzie

I caved. Bought the 500HKD code. About 12 hours to unlock huh?

Cost was $14 more than the Amazon version with that sale.

Gattsu25

Banned
Good idea to name the thread in a joking manner that will scare people not familiar with the specific joke away from ever wanting to checking out the game. It reads like a quote from a review to the uninitiated.

Some forth dimensional chess there.

Good idea to name the thread in a joking manner that will scare away people not familiar with the specific joke away from ever wanting to checking out the game. It reads like a quote from a review to the uninitiated.

The review thread will scare people away if reception is as mixed as nier anyway.

LotusHD

Banned
Good idea to name the thread in a joking manner that will scare away all people not familiar with the joke away from ever wanting to checking out the game.

Meh, if anything, if I was completely unfamiliar with the game, the title would certainly grab my interest at the very least. Certainly does a better job of that when comparing to the majority of titles I've seen for OT threads lately, which aren't bad or anything, but don't grab your attention either.

Besides, you'd have to be really dumb to not sense any sort of sarcasm or self-deprecation from the title, especially when it's in quotes lol

pezzie

If someone is on the fence on a video game and is scared away from the thread title of a Neogaf OT, they may be too dumb to operate a video game system anyway.

BiggNife

Good idea to name the thread in a joking manner that will scare people not familiar with the specific joke away from ever wanting to checking out the game. It reads like a quote from a review to the uninitiated.

I think it's pretty obvious the OT title is a joke even if you've never listened to Yoko taro. Chill.

Gattsu25

Banned
If someone is on the fence on a video game and is scared away from the thread title of a Neogaf OT, they may be too dumb to operate a video game system anyway.
Ahh yes, people who take the thread title at face value are not intelligent. A winning strategy 🤘🏾

Jiraiza

Ahh yes, people who take the thread title at face value are not intelligent. A winning strategy 🤘🏾

I don't know, I knew nothing about Nier before and suddenly here I am, up early at 5 AM on the West Coast just to play Nier the moment it unlocks.

Top Bottom