• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Preview/Impressions Thread - You will say "wow." (see post #217)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Quoting my earlier post:
Jocchan said:
It deserves to win, but I doubt IGN Xbox and IGN PS3 are going to vote a DS game.
Glad for being proven wrong. Congrats, Jackson.
Can't wait for your gift, too :D

Sciz

I love all of the "Scribblenauts wtf IGN is crazy to pick it over <insert HD game here>" comments on that article.

You earned it, 5TH Cell, congratulations.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those games where I shrug at the obvious appeal for months and then freaking obsess over eventually, wondering why I wasn't on board the whole time. :lol

Kifimbo

Finished Lock's Quest yesterday. Good game, nothing spectacular. My main complaint is that the game freezed 3 or 4 times. Don't know if it's my copy, but it was annoying.

I noticed in the credits that several 5th Cell team members have asian names. Pretty cool.

Looking forward to Scribblenauts a lot. I wish more western studios would work as hard on the little DS.

Congrats to your team and you, Jackson! You deserve it.

New image, now with varia suit Samus.
2wof5lf.jpg

And this avatar is fro MetroidKiller:
a2qlc3.jpg

I hope you like it ;)

element

I'm so jealous of all my WBIE friends working on the game.

Congrats Jackson and the rest of 5th Cell on all the awards :D

I'm going to predict that Jackson and 5th Cell are dropping in a NeoGAF word in there :lol :lol

What would 'NeoGAF' spawn?

madmook

I'm here for the gift. Got my finger on the pre-order button at Amazon, so it would be wise not to disappoint after a cock-tease like that...

bounchfx

Maxrpg said:
Congrats 5th cell, you are officially champions of the people

for real. this game better sell well.

I can't imagine a crowd of people it WOULDN'T appeal to.
I mean, it's basically a super awesome puzzle, problem solving to the infinite power.

or just fuck around. maaaaaan

maybe people with no imagination

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Jackson said:
Guess who just took IGN's Game of the Show? :D (that's not the gift I was talking about... but INSANELY AWESOME NONE THE LESS) :lol

http://games.ign.com/articles/987/987759p2.html

Holy wow. Congratulations! You've achieved the near-impossible, a DS game winning Game of the Show at IGN.

You lot ought to be out tonight having drinks to celebrate. I know I was! Well, I didn't know you won GotS until I got back, so I guess my drinking was totally independent of your award. Bums.

Sciz said:
I love all of the "Scribblenauts wtf IGN is crazy to pick it over <insert HD game here>" comments on that article.

Let's take a looksie!

wow ign are you insane? scribblenauts beat alan wake, mass effect 2, MW2, and uncharted 2? youre freaking insane. it will never hold up to any of those games. i was very disapointed when i saw it won game of show, it just shows that you people cant really judge games very well
Whoever chose Scribblenauts as game of show has no brain. The game will absolutely not work the way people are percieving. These are pre-rendered words and concepts, not everything will work, and the idea will get so incredibly boring after one play through unless that game actually has a GAME element.
UNBELIEVABLE! Scribblenauts is an amazing toy, i'll give it that, but where video games are concerned MW2 or Uncharted will be of much better quality.
wtf ign this list is complete bs. uncharted 2, modern warfare 2 mass effect 2 and alan wake lost to scribblenauts! wtf!!!!!!!!
My god after reading this I can honestly say that this site is one huge XBOT!!! God of War 3 destroy's Alan Wake in every way possible. How in the hell do you put Scribblenauts above Uncharted 2. If your going to say best console game you have to be crazy or just retarded to put Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake before God of War 3 and Uncharted 2. Every other site has said that from a content stand point PS3 exclusives killed the competition and I watched all 3 and I would agree. How can IGN be taken seriously when the two greatest games shown during all of E3 are but second and fourth behind games that everyone knows won't win game of the year this year or next. Get your stuff together XBOT site!!!!
scribblenauts looks cool but im not into games like that so i dont think it should be game of show

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Stupid IGN Comment said:
My god after reading this I can honestly say that this site is one huge XBOT!!! God of War 3 destroy's Alan Wake in every way possible. How in the hell do you put Scribblenauts above Uncharted 2. If your going to say best console game you have to be crazy or just retarded to put Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake before God of War 3 and Uncharted 2. Every other site has said that from a content stand point PS3 exclusives killed the competition and I watched all 3 and I would agree. How can IGN be taken seriously when the two greatest games shown during all of E3 are but second and fourth behind games that everyone knows won't win game of the year this year or next. Get your stuff together XBOT site!!!!
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Brannon

"This site is one huge XBOT..."

but.. but.... BUT IT'S A NINTENDO GAME?? Pay them no mind; they're nothing but a bunch of bullhoagies anyway.

Brannon

I just realized; would 'girlfriend' be a female Scribblenaut? Would this be how to unlock extra characters?

I can see it now... also the sequel should be Blabbernaut; Say Anything, Solve Everything!

OMG can you blow leaves or other light items with the microphone in Scribblenaut?

*okay I'll stop my brainstorming; feature creep in this game would be beyond overkill...

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
ShockingAlberto said:
Can anyone fix me up an avatar no one's taken?

Apparently I've inadvertendly taken Pseudo-Sam's.

At least I think so. I grabbed it in the mass scramble for them several pages back, so it's possible you got it first.

nli10

Brannon said:
I just realized; would 'girlfriend' be a female Scribblenaut? Would this be how to unlock extra characters?

I can see it now... also the sequel should be Blabbernaut; Say Anything, Solve Everything!

OMG can you blow leaves or other light items with the microphone in Scribblenaut?

*okay I'll stop my brainstorming; feature creep in this game would be beyond overkill...

That's it. I;m typing in Feature Creep...

(and Tubgirl)

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Had to rework the OP to include all the accolades the game is getting. Sheeeesh.

Congrats though Jackson! You and your team definitely deserve all the praise you're getting.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Looking forward to this game. One question though; it's supposed to be released this fall, yeah? That goes for Europe as well?

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Congrats to your team and you, Jackson! You deserve it.

And this avatar is fro MetroidKiller:
a2qlc3.jpg

I hope you like it ;)
Wow you were fast! It's actually incredible to see Ridley and Samus spawn from Maxwells doodles... it would make a great Metroid Chibi game...
or not <_<

Anyway NEW AVATAR GET!! Thank you so much!

nli10

ItsInMyVeins said:
Looking forward to this game. One question though; it's supposed to be released this fall, yeah? That goes for Europe as well?

Play UK are saying November for the UK, but as all the other games don't have a placeholder to place pre-orders from I'm thinking placeholder date

Frankly though, the DS is going nowhere - get it perfect then release it with fanfare - the sales will still be there if it needs more time. :D

I do fear it may be slow for us due to a large translation project... (England & australia could get theirs first maybe ;) )

Brannon

(bum + baseball bat) + (bum + baseball bat) + (guy + videocamera) = Bum Fight XVII!

(spartan x 300) + wooly mammoths + rhinos + vikings x 1000 + cliff = oh yeah baby...

nny

The more I read about this game the more I want to get my hands on it...all the positive reactions do seem deserved; congrats guys.

Now I'm just gonna sit here and wait for the gift...
playing Lock's Quest, which, coincidentally also won an IGN "Best of E3" award. :p

Brannon

OMG part 2! Would putting 10 bullhorns in a row make a devastating noise? Old Simpsons fans need to know the answer to this!

Top Bottom